Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Good for her!

http://aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=73f438e4-8d22-4789-a5ac-bec5de48f584
UAV Blasted With .20 Gauge Shotgun
Shooter Claims Drone 'Went Over My Airspace'

A homeowner in Faquier County in northern Virginia west of Washington, D.C. used a .20 guage shotgun to take down a drone that had strayed over her property a few weeks ago.

The Faquier Times reports that shooter is Jennifer Youngman. One of her neighbors in the rural county near the nation's capital is actor Robert Duvall, who bought the property next to Youngman's several years ago.

Youngman told the paper that she had been sitting on the front porch of her home cleaning a .410 guage and the .20 guage shotguns in mid-June when she noticed a black Range Rover SUV pull up in front of Duvall's property, set up a card table, and launch the aircraft. Youngman said the cows were being disturbed from the aircraft. Then, she said, the aircraft got going a little too fast, the wind caught it, and it "went over my airspace," Youngman said. That's when she brought the .20 guage into play, and the drone did not win that contest.

She said the men yelled at her, but when she threatened to call police, they got back in their vehicle and left.

Youngman said her only regret is that there are still drone parts in her pasture that have caused two flat tires on her tractor. She said the neighbors have laughed about the incident, speculating that the operators were some kind of paparazzi hoping to get a photo of Duvall, whom she describes as "a really nice man."

There was no report of charges being filed against Youngman for shooting at an aircraft.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good! Those things are the 21st century's high tech. equivalent of a peeping Tom. I wonder what size shot she used?

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I love the "was on the front porch cleaning her shotguns"...

Yep. I give that a 0 on the truth-o-meter. But serious kudos for including the bit about the cattle, harassing livestock in Nebraska would make any shooting of a drone immediately legal (or at least impossible to get a conviction for).

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The thing was so big she's gotten 2 flat tires from the debris field in her pasture......?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The thing was so big she's gotten 2 flat tires from the debris field in her pasture......?

Drone parts penetrating a TRACTOR tire?

I ran over a crossbow bolt with broadhead once and it didnt puncture the tire! Cut it good though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Border patrol use one here. they fly it past my house at almost 2400 just as i am really getting to sleep. sounds like a lawn mower. think i could get away with bringing it down with a 12 and #4?
i could just see Bob Duvall sitting on the porch with that gal!
second hand lions!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I would shoot it too

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
June is a good time to "clean" shotguns

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I've flattened 2 rear tractor tires on the bone out of a T-bone steak. They are surprisingly easy to penetrate - and expensive, when it happens.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect Duvall probably laughed his azz off when he heard the story smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd shoot it too

If it's over my property...flying or hovering it's trespassing and considered a UFO

Purple paint matters

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
RD owes her a case of beer, I'd say...

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Youngman said her only regret is that there are still drone parts in her pasture that have caused two flat tires on her tractor.

Writer or source fiction.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Writer, definitely.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She describe Duvall as a really nice man. I don't know anything about him personally but from what I have seen of him in movies somehow that is what I would expect.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I love the "was on the front porch cleaning her shotguns"...

Yep. I give that a 0 on the truth-o-meter. But serious kudos for including the bit about the cattle, harassing livestock in Nebraska would make any shooting of a drone immediately legal (or at least impossible to get a conviction for).

Doesn't matter, she sounds like my type of people.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Great Neighbor !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I've flattened 2 rear tractor tires on the bone out of a T-bone steak. They are surprisingly easy to penetrate - and expensive, when it happens.

I'll bet that second time you threw that bone in the back of your pickup, rather than back on the ground when you pulled it out! grin

I've had two flats thus far this year. First was a deer antler. Took that one in to be fixed. ($43 to get it patched) I try and avoid that, as the front tire and wheel weight about 250 lbs.

Second was a wood stob on the same tire. I pulled my pickup up close and plugged that hole and aired it back up. In about 20 min I was back in the field. cool

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Shed antlers are the biotch here,spring hay fields after winter shed, seem to always fall tines up !!Death on tractor tires

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.