Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bump. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leica introduces Leica NOCTIVID: for an extraordinary new view of the world
Revolutionary new binoculars created from a century of knowledge, optical expertise and craftsmanship

Leica Camera has unveiled a brand new range of binoculars – the Leica NOCTIVID – designed to provide an extraordinary, unparalleled viewing experience, whatever the weather or lighting conditions. Based on more than 100 years of optical and mechanical expertise, Leica has developed this next generation of premium, full-size binoculars to offer users the highest quality optics combined with a revolutionary, almost three-dimensional view of the world around them.

Whether embarking on their next exciting travel or safari adventure, taking a yacht or sailing trip, or spending time observing wildlife and nature, the high-performance Leica NOCTIVID delivers an unrivalled experience for the user, packaged in a compact, elegant yet incredibly robust design.

Exceptionally well balanced due to the shorter length of the binocular tubes, and covered with a durable rubber armouring, the Leica NOCTIVID offers an outstanding grip and sits comfortably in the palm of the hand. Precision is unmatched, thanks to a newly-designed focusing wheel, which allows pin-sharp focusing on even the tiniest of details – bringing distant objects into view instantaneously.

Small and light enough to be carried on every trip, the Leica NOCTIVID is available in a choice of 8x42 and 10x42 options, with the 8x42 providing exceptional viewing in lower light conditions.

Engineered with 12 glass lens elements, the NOCTIVID ensures first class optical excellence even in the most challenging situations. Manufactured with high-performance SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) glass, the binoculars deliver incredibly natural colour rendition, while thanks to a special new high-temperature ‘plasma deposition process’, their premium-quality lens coatings guarantee perfectly-balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light. This results in a breathtakingly bright and colour-neutral viewing image.

Additional innovations include ingenious ‘baffle systems’ to suppress stray light, keeping reflections to an absolute minimum, while retaining maximum contrast. Furthermore, the lens radius has been modified to improve sharpness right up to the extreme edges of the viewing image.

For challenging weather conditions, Leica’s innovative AquaDura® coating ensures a stunning, crystal-clear view at all times. Water and dirt simply roll off the surface, and this special Leica coating also prevents all external lenses from being scratched or marked. Finger marks are a thing of the past, as they can be effortlessly wiped away from the surface. Furthermore, each model is waterproof to a depth of five metres.

Extremely durable and designed for a long working life, the Leica NOCTIVID incorporates a patented, hard surface coating (class 8) delivering additional protection for all exposed metal surfaces of its robust magnesium body.

Leica NOCTIVID - technical specifications:

Specification / Model Leica NOCTIVID 8x42 Leica NOCTIVID 10x42
Close focusing distance 1.9m 1.9m
Field of view 135m 112m
Transmission 92% 92%
Eye relief 19mm 19mm
Weight (g) 860g 860g
Dimensions (LxWxH mm) 150 x 124 x 58mm 150 x 124 x 58mm
Waterproof to (m) 5m 5m
Included accessories cordura bag and strap cordura bag and strap

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now the million dollar question......pricing??

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks Doug, sure would be nice if they'd use good old american measurements here in the states!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like $2600 for the 8x42 and $2700 for the 10x42

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
When can I buy the 8x42? I have been looking for new binoculars for this hunting season. Will they be available soon?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Available for shipping Sept. 1 according to one web site.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Available for shipping Sept. 1 according to one web site.

Having been in the industry over 40 years I can assure you that an "Available for shipping" post on someones web site and reality are two totally different things. The VP of Sports Optics at Leica is telling me "Noctivid will likely start to ship early October. As always, we'll never get enough right out of the gate. I don't expect to be 'in stock' before November"
Once they have confirmation that some have shipped from Germany to the US then we will have a real delivery date, until then it's anyones guess.
Once these are available we will post an announcement.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, we are accepting pre-orders

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is there anything earth shattering here with this new glass? Some guys who have analyzed the Leica PR statements are saying there really isn't much new here with the Noctivid. For example, they are saying 6 elements/lenses of Schott HT glass per barrel. Does this mean the entire glass (except for prisms) are HT Schott? If so, then how much of the glass in the HD Ultravids were Schott? How much more Schott HT glass does this new bino have vs. the Ultravid? Also, the light transmission percentage does not seem to be any hither than the HD Ultravid. So, what does a customer get for the $400-500 more cost?

Thoughts?

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 08/24/16.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Is there anything earth shattering here with this new glass? Some guys who have analyzed the Leica PR statements are saying there really isn't much new here with the Noctivid. For example, they are saying 6 elements/lenses of Schott HT glass per barrel. Does this mean the entire glass (except for prisms) are HT Schott? If so, then how much of the glass in the HD Ultravids were Schott? How much more Schott HT glass does this new bino have vs. the Ultravid? Also, the light transmission percentage does not seem to be any hither than the HD Ultravid. So, what does a customer get for the $400-500 more cost?

Thoughts?

Jordan

You get to say things like "The Noctovids blow the HD Ultravids away. Blow Them Away!"

and

"Have you ever looked through a pair of Noctovids? Your XXXX's are dog schit in comparison. Dog Schit!"

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These may be a nice new binocular but have some patience.

They were just revealed to the public last weekend at
Birdfair in the UK.

Some testers say they are nice new binoculars, but
no reviews yet to compare with others.

You can be rest assured, they will not blow anything
away.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You can chase technology and cost to the point of minimal return. Only you and your checkbook can decide when that chase ends.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whitebread
When can I buy the 8x42? I have been looking for new binoculars for this hunting season. Will they be available soon?

Put in a pre-order with Doug. Try them out, and I assume
you have 30 days to evaluate. Let us know what you think
of the new Leica.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
You can chase technology and cost to the point of minimal return. Only you and your checkbook can decide when that chase ends.

Very true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
These may be a nice new binocular but have some patience.

They were just revealed to the public last weekend at
Birdfair in the UK.

Some testers say they are nice new binoculars, but
no reviews yet to compare with others.

You can be rest assured, they will not blow anything
away.

Let's be perfectly honest here. The Leica Ultravid HD's are an amazing glass. Depending on the viewers vision any high end optics can be superior to their own ability to detect how awesome they are. To some people these new Noctivids will be better than anything else. Some folks will not see a difference side by side with the Ultravid HD as their eyesight just cannot detect it.
On a technical basis they are better, however, who cares about technical. We care about "Is it better to my eyes" That can only be answered by a comparison of the optics you choose to do a side by side with.
Just my $.02

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They better be "all that" for that price. They're solidly in the Swarovision stratosphere, which are king of the hill IMHO, in many ways.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't think a picture has been posted of these...at least my mac doesn't show one on this thread..

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Kind of looks like a double hinged Trinovid.

I'm with JG, going to have a hard time out doing the Swarovisions.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here's Leica's huge problem IMHO...

Let's assume you have binoculars in front of you, all are equal in price and performance, one each from Leica, Zeiss, Swaro, and Nikon. The Swaro will get the nod 95% of the time nowadays, a rightfully so IMHO.

Leica needs to wake up and address their pathetic warranty and CS issues unfortunately, because they do make stellar products.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,053 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.