-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how many times have we heard that some guy's wizbang was dead on from 50 to 800 yards. no hold over needed , just like a laser.
forget what they compared it to before lasers. a string i guess.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
70's worked with a guy that had a 30-06 like no other, would tell us how special it was.
Would shoot dead on at 800 yards.

That had to be Harold and his M742 Remington? Or maybe not. He always said 900 yards. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'd guess the best way to maintain flat to 800 with 'ol Besse would be to treat her right...like not wasting such a pristine barrel by sighting in. Maybe put one on a target (somewhere on a target) at 50 yds, just to make sure the scope hadn't gotten bumped but certainly why waste the time, money and barrel on shots between 300-800 just to prove what is already known.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by coyote268
Many many years ago this short stocky guy came into my shop. He opened up a gun case and inside it was a FAL. He asked me if I had a magazine for it. Looked at it and sure enough it had the selector switch. Told him it was illegal to have and I went into the house after telling him to just leave it and I would take care of it for him. He left and took it with him but I got his license number. Phoned ATF in San Francisco and told them what happened. A month later a ATF agent I knew very well came in and told me I did the right thing. Apparently they were setting me up. The head hauncho at that time was a real Pr--k. Good lesson learned though.

It wasn't Clay Harvey was it?

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A couple of years ago I heard a Cabelas employee tell a customer that the scope he just bought would fit on his rifles picadilly rail.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Many many years ago this short stocky guy came into my shop. He opened up a gun case and inside it was a FAL. He asked me if I had a magazine for it. Looked at it and sure enough it had the selector switch. Told him it was illegal to have and I went into the house after telling him to just leave it and I would take care of it for him. He left and took it with him but I got his license number. Phoned ATF in San Francisco and told them what happened. A month later a ATF agent I knew very well came in and told me I did the right thing. Apparently they were setting me up. The head hauncho at that time was a real Pr--k. Good lesson learned though.

What a set up. How would anyone know for sure that you saw or knew what a full auto FAL would look like? Guy asked for a mag, why would you look further.. get him a mag.

I've no use for crap cheap setup [bleep] like that....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

What a set up. How would anyone know for sure that you saw or knew what a full auto FAL would look like? Guy asked for a mag, why would you look further.. get him a mag.

I've no use for crap cheap setup [bleep] like that....

I imagine if Coyote hadn't of spied the selector switch on his own, the rat would have verbally identified it very loudly, then the trap would have been set..

Rat Bastards..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What trap??

Last I checked, it's not illegal to keep your mouth shut??

Cancer Sucks
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was at the mall with the wife and went into an athletic store that also carries guns/ammo and saw they had 50rd boxes of 22lr. I asked the dude behind the counter if they had full bricks for sale and he gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look but did go back and brought me out the two that I asked for. I finished shopping and went up to the counter to pay. There was a young lady in here tight yoga shorts at the register (bonus), and when she rang up the ammo, it rang up as a single box and not brick price. I explained to her that the price was incorrect and she gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look. I tried to explain, but it wasn't registering so I told her to get her manager. The manager came up and yep, same look. The manager finally said, 'Sir, that is the price, do you want them or not'? I thought for a minute and did the only thing I could think of....asked her "how many do you have and do I need two carts or three?"

Did the same thing with primers at one here. $3.99 per 100 so I grabbed a whole brick of 1000 and got rung up for $3.99. Told the little counter worker girl it was wrong, "nope, it says it right there." Ok, hold on while I drag the entire primer case over here.......

Holy Cow. Funny chit right there. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There are probably some that think guns shoot further when in Canada because of the metric system of measurement. shocked

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Gun shops don't have a monopoly on "Sh*t you see"....

Try working as a range officer right before hunting season opens.....

Everything from new guns with scopes on backwards to old timers with a dusty box of shells checking the old ought-6 for minute of paper plate accuracy.....

Amusing...frustrating...and down right scary...all at the same time...

I did it for three years when I first retired.....that was enough to last a lifetime.....

Now if I could just find a deer wearing a paper plate during hunting season!

Sycamore

Hey now! What's wrong with that!?
[Linked Image]

laugh

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
It's not always the customers or the counter help, sometimes it's the owner. Went into a small LGS a couple weeks ago to look at a Glock 43. Guy has one and brings it out so I can see it. He gets out a Shield and a Sig P238 so I can look them over as well. When I pick up the Sig, he proudly announces, it's a 1911! I nodded affirmative and moved on out the door.

I had a number of customers over the year proudly proclaim their Remington was a Pre-64....

Well, it might have been a Rem 700 built by Remington in 1963! smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It wasn't.

Ever.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Had them try a derivation of that with me. Well dressed latino guy came in pretending to be ignorant and asking me about loading an M1-Garand. So I explained it to him. Then out of the blue he asked if I could hook him up with an MP-40. Told him thats class 3, we don't deal with class 3 on any level cause we don't have the license, and that this particular conversation was now over.
I immediately went to the boss' office, told him ATF was just here....they confirmed in the morning.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Partsman
There are probably some that think guns shoot further when in Canada because of the metric system of measurement. shocked

Only the ones that end in MM.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Coyote,

You would get in trouble for selling him a mag?

Do you need to carry stamps along with any Class III firearms?

Just asking, as I don't know the ins and outs of Class III stuff.

Thanks

Aqualung

Last edited by Aqualung; 08/30/16.

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I was in the Wal-Mart in Durango, CO, a few years ago and a guy came in and bought a box of 300 Win Mag ammo. He happened to be parked next to my truck and I asked him if he'd seen any good bulls, it was elk season. He said that there was a great bull coming onto his BIL's ranch and he was going to shoot it with his new Weatherby. Since he bought 300 Win Mag ammo, I was thinking Vanguard, but he showed me a Mark V. I looked at it and noted that it was chambered for 300 Wea Mag. He'd never shot it, never zeroed the scope, didn't know that 300 Win Mag was a totally different cartridge. I pointed the difference out to him and he shook his head as though he understood, but I sensed that he really didn't understand. I wished him good luck and we both went on our separate ways.

Had almost the exact same thing happen to me. Opening day of deer season. I got my buck at first light. Took care of business and went into the local gas station, bakery, liquor store, ammo place for a doughnut and a cuppa joe. Guy comes in frantic that he forgot his shells and needs to get back out there. Asks for 300 Roy and clerk says all we got is 300WM. He says I'll take em. I tried to explain the difference and that the LGS would have them 20 miles away, but he knew better and bought the 300WM. Wonder what happened when he found out the difference...

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not always the customers or the counter help, sometimes it's the owner.

Stopped in a LGS in Texas and was eyeballing a raghorn bull elk on the wall. Owner comes up, tells me he got it in New Mexico...with a 600 yard shot, no less. And when they were done packing it out and processing it, he had 800 pounds of meat...

Well dang. I always get about 800 lbs of meat off of the nilgai I shoot - I donate the other half to the needy. You can do that if you shoot them in the head and don't waste any. I generally use a .22 Hornet, it's good out to around 300 yards. Beyond 300, I switch to a .222 cause it has a scope. LOL

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's not always the customers or the counter help, sometimes it's the owner. Went into a small LGS a couple weeks ago to look at a Glock 43. Guy has one and brings it out so I can see it. He gets out a Shield and a Sig P238 so I can look them over as well. When I pick up the Sig, he proudly announces, it's a 1911! I nodded affirmative and moved on out the door.

I had a number of customers over the year proudly proclaim their Remington was a Pre-64....

I have a Ruger Single-Six that is pre 64. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Another one was many years ago when the guy asked if the gas operated shotgun he'd just bought took regular or unleaded and asked where the "tank" was, and yes, he was serious...

LOL, I DO believe you. Guy I worked with started talking about how he loved to deer hunt. That year I was using an AR and he wanted to know what makes an AR. I said, "well, it's a gas operated, semi-auto rifle, like most Semi's"

"Well see, that's the problem, why do you feel you need THAT much firepower to shoot a deer. Gas operated, seriously, a gun so powerful it has a motor. See, I'm for basic firearms rights, love hunting but this as where you gun nuts go off on your own."

I tried, briefly to explain, but realized futility and said the serenity prayer and let it go. Worst part of owning an AR is that gas motor, the recoil keeps going out and if you forget to put stabil in it or use ethanol it is a BEOTCH to get started...make it even better his dream (not hired yet) was to use his biology degree to work for the DNR!

If you high test does the bullet go faster?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.