Print Thread
Hop To
D
dgr416 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have a p17 Enfield rifle and its not ejecting .The ejector blade has no pressure to flip out to eject cases out of the bolt .Is there a spring behind the blade that makes it work ?

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Operate the bolt smartly. There is no spring. The action depends on the rifleman using the bolt with determination.

NRA Endowment Member
Bolt&Barrel Gunsmithing, Greenwood, SC
www.boltandbarrel.com
U. S. Army Veteran
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The original ejector had a leaf spring that was prone to breakage, so a modified ejector with a separate coil spring was designed.

D
dgr416 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I just found the part it has a flat spring attached to it .Mine must have broken .I found a new one o eBay .I dont know how it broke but it did .Now I have to figure out how to get the old one out and new one back in .I am glad it did it now instead of n the field .There is no pressure on the ejector blade now just flops in there .When I try to eject case it stays in the bolt .I tried to pull it fast no didn't work .I just gotta be careful with this gun its a old awesome custom one .I wish there was a way to put a opening floor plate too .The safety is missing the middle notch also hopefully I can get that fixed too .This is an awesome gun just need a little updating and couple of parts will be like new .I hope to put a custom floor plate on it but save the old parts !

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ejector spring breakage was the weak link on the 1917 Enfield.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Clemson
Operate the bolt smartly. There is no spring. The action depends on the rifleman using the bolt with determination.

BS. They have a leaf spring. The sure fire fix is to modify it to a coil spring. I've done this numerous times after the leaf spring broke. Here's what the upgraded coil spring ejector looks like:

[Linked Image]

To the OP: I would NOT buy a factory replacement leaf spring ejector. If you plan on using your rifle, modify your existing ejector to accept the coil spring or buy one like shown in the pic from Numrich or possibly ebay. I've seen them listed there too. Good luck with it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The coil spring ejector is the answer. You can do it yourself with a few tools. Find a spring about the same size as a ball point pen spring but stronger then using a Dremel cut off disc, cut two small slits in the back of the old ejector for the spring to sit in. Cut to length and reinstall the ejector. Takes more time to describe than to do.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kp321
The coil spring ejector is the answer. You can do it yourself with a few tools. Find a spring about the same size as a ball point pen spring but stronger then using a Dremel cut off disc, cut two small slits in the back of the old ejector for the spring to sit in. Cut to length and reinstall the ejector. Takes more time to describe than to do.

Exactly. I've done this numerous times. Simple easy fix to a known problem. Never have to worry about the ejector again...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
D
dgr416 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Yep gotta fix that gun .I like the spring idea .How hard is the bolt stop to take apart ?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oops! Read that as "Mauser"! Fix ejector spring.😳

NRA Endowment Member
Bolt&Barrel Gunsmithing, Greenwood, SC
www.boltandbarrel.com
U. S. Army Veteran
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dgr416
Yep gotta fix that gun .I like the spring idea .How hard is the bolt stop to take apart ?

It's extremely easy to take apart. You pull the retainer screw out and it separates pretty easily from the receiver. When you put it back together, it will be a litter harder since it will now be spring loaded. I'm assuming your leaf spring is broken right off of the ejector.

[Linked Image]

You can see the screw you need to take out in this picture. It's the one that looks like the end of an icepick sticking out of the bottom of the ejector/bolt stop housing:

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
113 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 685 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.