Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Robert has a guy who does his machining and programming and is supposed to be very good...........all the shop needs now is a chef a secretary and a phone that works!

More than 37 years? After all - someone here is one of the best with that experience and he wouldn't do it...

Me

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by geraldgee
I’ve been toying with the idea of selling a 2-year-old Gradous-built .280AI for a couple of months so I did a search to determine what other Gradous rifles might be for sale, and doing so I discovered this thread.

I feel like I need to share some of what I know. Robert does not need me to defend him – so I won’t. I will limit my comments to my experiences having him build 2 rifles for me, both of which shoot lights out. I had the good fortune of being in his shop at the time he built my rifles. While I did not actually help, I stood alongside and watched him and he explained to me every step in the process and why he did what he was doing and the benefit of taking the extra steps. I learned more about accurate riles and precision shooting in my short time with him in all the years previous. I found him to be one of the most genuine, polite, respectful, and kind gentlemen I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting. The man has forgot more about precision and what it takes to build an accurate rifle than the collective wisdom in this thread. Over the two separate weekends that I spent at his shop, more than a few gunsmiths called for his advice. These were men who are quite well thought of in the business of gun building.

Wait times and good communication are one side of the business, no question about that. The other side is highly accurate and well-built rifles. Robert Gradous has nothing to prove to anyone in that aspect. For my money, when it comes to really accurate, well-built rifles, talk is over-rated

Yawn.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to build an accurate rifle. Lots of guys that nobody here have ever heard of can build same.

It is unethical to accept work that you have no intention of beginning for years.

It is unethical to accept payment for work that you have no intention of beginning for years.

It is unethical to refuse to return calls/rifles & parts/money for work that you haven't started after you have ignored the customer for years.

It is unethical to accept work based on you performing the build, hold customers gun/parts/money for years then tell everybody its all good now - you've got a new shop w/ CNC equipment and gunsmiths you never agreed to will be performing the build (theoretically) on your rifle.

Highly unscrupulous business practices. He'll never get any business from me.

David

Have you had him build a rifle?

Have you ever spoken with the man?

Accurate is one thing. Gradous accurate is another.

Ever heard of law of diminishing returns? It requires a lot of additional attention to detail to gain the last nth degree of performance.

If you have a field gun that can agg .250" then you understand but I bet a ham sandwich you don't.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
I’ve been toying with the idea of selling a 2-year-old Gradous-built .280AI for a couple of months so I did a search to determine what other Gradous rifles might be for sale, and doing so I discovered this thread.

I feel like I need to share some of what I know. Robert does not need me to defend him – so I won’t. I will limit my comments to my experiences having him build 2 rifles for me, both of which shoot lights out. I had the good fortune of being in his shop at the time he built my rifles. While I did not actually help, I stood alongside and watched him and he explained to me every step in the process and why he did what he was doing and the benefit of taking the extra steps. I learned more about accurate riles and precision shooting in my short time with him in all the years previous. I found him to be one of the most genuine, polite, respectful, and kind gentlemen I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting. The man has forgot more about precision and what it takes to build an accurate rifle than the collective wisdom in this thread. Over the two separate weekends that I spent at his shop, more than a few gunsmiths called for his advice. These were men who are quite well thought of in the business of gun building.

Wait times and good communication are one side of the business, no question about that. The other side is highly accurate and well-built rifles. Robert Gradous has nothing to prove to anyone in that aspect. For my money, when it comes to really accurate, well-built rifles, talk is over-rated

Yawn.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to build an accurate rifle. Lots of guys that nobody here have ever heard of can build same.

It is unethical to accept work that you have no intention of beginning for years.

It is unethical to accept payment for work that you have no intention of beginning for years.

It is unethical to refuse to return calls/rifles & parts/money for work that you haven't started after you have ignored the customer for years.

It is unethical to accept work based on you performing the build, hold customers gun/parts/money for years then tell everybody its all good now - you've got a new shop w/ CNC equipment and gunsmiths you never agreed to will be performing the build (theoretically) on your rifle.

David

Ever heard of law of diminishing returns? It requires a lot of additional attention to detail to gain the last nth degree of performance.

If you have a field gun that can agg .250" then you understand but I bet a ham sandwich you don't.

Apparently your reading comprehension isn't very good.

Refer to my post you quoted.

David

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Robert has a guy who does his machining and programming and is supposed to be very good...........all the shop needs now is a chef a secretary and a phone that works!

More than 37 years? After all - someone here is one of the best with that experience and he wouldn't do it...

Don't know his exact credentials but he's a retired machines and Iv'e heard he is very good....as in many years experience!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Yawn.

David

Apparently your reading comprehension isn't very good.

Refer to my post you quoted.

David

Apparently your understanding of sarcasm and irony ranks right up there with your understanding of top shelf gun builders. I can promise you he doesn't need nor want your business.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Makes me think of the film animal house. " blow job"

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Apparently your understanding of sarcasm and irony ranks right up there with your understanding of top shelf gun builders. I can promise you he doesn't need nor want your business.

Judging by your response I've got a much better handle on sarcasm and irony than you do.

1 would bet a whole lot more than a ham sandwich that you don't have a 1/4MOA hunting rifle built by Robert or anyone else you idiot.

Prove me wrong.

David

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am still and always will be a fan of Robert and his rifles. They are incredible...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not me, I had few Gradous rifles and sold'em. I'd buy a Marlin XL7 bolt rifle....even one used in .270 before hiring him & his crew to build one.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sitting on customers' cash and rifle parts for years and not returning their calls has zero to do with gunsmithing skills.

The most accurate rifle in the world doesn't amount to much if it's not delivered.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Sitting on customers' cash and rifle parts for years and not returning their calls has zero to do with gunsmithing skills.

The most accurate rifle in the world doesn't amount to much if it's not delivered.

^ NAILED IT!! ^

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All I can say is had you met the guy you would know weird on a whole new level. I spent a weekend there. He can spot a stop sign 2 miles away, and your gonna hear about that sign until your stopped at it. He needs to remember to take his meds and this kinda stuff wouldn't happen.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Whats the average delivery time on a Gradous rifle?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mine have taken 6 months to a year. I was never in a rush to get it back. Rarely checked progress as I knew it would show up when he was done.

When I took his gun building class it took a week for us to build it together

Last edited by andrews1958; 09/01/16.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No matter how wonderful his rifles may be there's no excuse for taking customer's money and not delivering nor communicating. Expanding the shop etc., etc. is no excuse nor is admission of the lack of business skills.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
taking customer's money and not delivering nor communicating. Expanding the shop etc., etc. is no excuse...

No not an excuse at all...it sounds like it's all part of the plan...

It's Crowdfunding.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Has anyone tried calling him? I thought I read in an earlier post that he was going to start answering calls regularly starting last Monday since his equipment and others new items were in place. I called him just recently and we had a good talk..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Originally Posted by gunswizard
taking customer's money and not delivering nor communicating. Expanding the shop etc., etc. is no excuse...

No not an excuse at all...it sounds like it's all part of the plan...

It's Crowdfunding.

Thought the exact same thing. CNC is expensive. whistle

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

It's Crowdfunding.

Exactly.

Piss poor practice. I can't fathom anyone still licking his nuts

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Has anyone tried calling him? I thought I read in an earlier post that he was going to start answering calls regularly starting last Monday since his equipment and others new items were in place. I called him just recently and we had a good talk..

You have the calling thing backwards. The pig farmer should be making the calls.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.