Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
JEFFERSON COUNTY, CO - Two dogs that attacked and killed a woman in Confier on Monday have been euthanized, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said.

Susan Shawl, 60, died after her two pet pit bulls attacked her at her home. It happened around 7 p.m. in the 31000 block of Black Widow Drive.

Investigators say Richard Shawl, Susan's son, was injured when he tried to step in. He was treated and released for his injuries at the Swedish Hospital Emergency room.

Susan was pronounced dead at the scene.
9 News.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And "richard," is a dick, for not dying in defense of his Mother, hope that pussy gets sepsis!

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by gunner500
And "richard," is a dick, for not dying in defense of his Mother, hope that pussy gets sepsis!

^^ This! ^^

God damned loser!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
These are by and large the kind of 'men' we will have looking out for us as we age guys, we best continue to fend for ourselves, do-gooders with balls are a dying breed, oh, and "THAT" would be "US" too! mad

These were the kids damn dogs too!!!!!

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

damn right fighting one is hard enough but two can be done. a meter reader here got attacked by two and managed to kill both bare handed, just don't panic.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CEJ1895

^^ This! ^^

God damned loser!

I cannot imagine recoiling back in to a safe zone while your Mother was mauled to death before your eyes, can you imagine what that pussy heard, and how long that took?!!!!!mad

The coward was treated and released, "she" put up NO defense of "her" Mother.

That aint no boy, son, or man! that's a pussy!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter

damn right fighting one is hard enough but two can be done. a meter reader here got attacked by two and managed to kill both bare handed, just don't panic.

I could kill two dogs with my bare hands just like you could Roger, no GD sweat, especially in defense of the defenseless!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Actually they were her son's dogs but from the article, I gather that he lived there, too.
How do two family pets suddenly turn executioner?

It is a question with no obvious answers.
Yes, there is an obvious answer. They're pit bulls and they have a long record of turning vicious.
“It was a very challenging scene. It was a dog attack. It was very, very, upsetting to everyone who responded to it,” said Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Dionne Waugh.

“I live right next door to them,” said Bonnie Bogart.

She says the male and female pit bulls had a reputation for excessive barking but she never thought something like this could happen.
No one ever thinks this could happen, until someone is dead. It's always 'the other guys' untrained dogs that do this. My well trained dogs NEVER would do this. Yeah, right.
“I was pretty shocked. I thought, when do your pets go after you? That’s what shocked me,” she says.

But Waugh says Animal Control officers did cite Richard Shawl III in 2008 because the dogs were running loose at a neighbor’s house and acting aggressively.

“I feel really bad for Rich Jr. I hope he’s going to be okay,” says Bogart.

He was inside the house when he heard the attack and tried to save his mother.

It has been a bad year for him.

He just lost his dad about three months ago.

The investigation is still ongoing.

It’s unknown if he’ll face charges for having dangerous dogs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No one likes to hear stories like this. But if it had to happen, thank goodness it was not some small child who payed the price for the owners stupidity . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I could kill two dogs with my bare hands just like you could Roger, no GD sweat, especially in defense of the defenseless!
Bare hands may be okay, but a '03 GMC half ton is mo-betta if you have to kill a dawg. An '84 Bronco is hell on a Chow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Louisville Slugger is damned good dog medicine. Gives new meaning to the term of "putting them down".

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
A Louisville Slugger is damned good dog medicine. Gives new meaning to the term of "putting them down".

Different geographics, yes, but I always have a pistol in my pocket, and a 5" damascus skinner on my belt!

I wore both in a hospital the other day for 4 hours, non the wiser.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
This was in Colorado, damn good chance there was a fire poker handy, "every house has one, kitchen knife anyone?" crazy

This story pisses me the fu-k off!

Trump Won!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was in Colorado, damn good chance there was a fire poker handy, every house has one, kitchen knife anyone? crazy

!

The was in Colorado.

Chances are there was some recreational marijuana handy.

The adult 'male' living at home was probably baked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even more reason to have my LCR in my pocket.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RWE
This was in Colorado, damn good chance there was a fire poker handy, every house has one, kitchen knife anyone? crazy

!

The was in Colorado.

Chances are there was some recreational marijuana handy.

The adult 'male' living at home was probably baked.

This is what we've risen too RWE, sad.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

This story pisses me the fu-k off!
My Dad walked the pipeline back in the days before they flew it looking for leaks. All over the country, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Illinois, etc. He told stories about mean dogs. He liked to pick up a good walkin' stick right off, which made for a good cudgel to fend off an ill-mannered pooch. He always carried a sharp pocket knife too and said if he had to, he'd cut a damned dog's throat with it. He wasn't scairt of some [bleep] dog.

I've told kids that were scared of coyotes that I could kick one to death if I had to.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Different 'men' today EE.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Different 'men' today EE.
I guess so. Dad fought the Japs in WWII. Killing a dog didn't bother him any.

There were a couple of the neighbor's dogs that got to chasing cattle. Dad, my Uncle and cousin and the neighbor were standing there watching and the damned mutts started doing it right in front of them. The neighbor told Dad to shoot 'em. All Dad had with him was my Grandpa's decrepit old Winchester pump .22. The neighbor didn't think Dad would hit a couple of running dogs forty or fifty yards away. Dad dropped both the sumbeaches. heheh

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.