24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I pay for all my hunting/trespass rights.

The federal and state owned stuff is the most expensive.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Sounds like you picked a poor place to live. It's no accident I live where I do. A couple of the criteria I had when I bought this place were....

1. Must be far enough from neighbors so as to be able to shoot in the yard or out the living room window as I choose.

2. Must be in a location with plenty of public hunting land and good fishing in close proximity.

The place I ended up buying met both of those criteria plus is next door to long time family friends with 126 acres which I have permission to hunt on freely. It's also right across the road from 200 acres owned by a non hunting absentee landowner that I have permission to hunt as much and as often as I want.

I don't like leasing land. If they would sell me the 10,000 acres, house and utilities for $1400 per year, I'd buy it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've never paid to hunt anything and won't. Just way too much State land in my immediate area here {287,000 acres of it in the Catskill park} to even think of it, plus I have permission to hunt several parcels of private.

I bet your friend's refrigerators are always full of beer and they always have an extra smoke for you too.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I hunt on public and family property in NYS and on friends property in VT some years. These hunts are free or at least don't have direct land costs.

I also try to go one or two other places every year to hunt and these I usually pay for these days. This year it will be moose in Canada and Deer in NC. In years past I have done public land DIY hunts out of state for elk deer and bear, but as I get older and work and family responsibilities mount I seem to have far less time and a little more money than before, so now days I tend to find an outfitter/guide and let them do more of the work for me. True it's less rewarding than DIY, but the older I get the more I appreciate just being able to show up having a nice couple of days hunting.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no property taxes where blackheart lives. No property maintenance costs. Etc..

Nothing is free....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rost495
no property taxes where blackheart lives. No property maintenance costs. Etc..

Nothing is free....
Well I do have to mow my lawn, do upkeep on the house and pay my property taxes but I'd have to do those things no matter where I lived you dumbphuk.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I've never paid to hunt anything and won't. Just way too much State land in my immediate area here {287,000 acres of it in the Catskill park} to even think of it, plus I have permission to hunt several parcels of private.

I bet your friend's refrigerators are always full of beer and they always have an extra smoke for you too.

Dave
I don't drink beer or smoke. Beer tastes like shyt and is best left to pansies, queers and women to drink anyway. You should love it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

The federal and state owned stuff is the most expensive.

Dave

The Rez is my most expensive place to hunt. Pay $170 to hunt birds this year on the farm.

$85 for Upland(sharptail, huns).

$85 for Pheasant.

And $25 for a coyote tag(seriously)....grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't drink beer or smoke.

Because you're too busy being a freeloading tick.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think they're putting it to you Sam.

Clark

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, the bucksnot. smile

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't drink beer or smoke.

Because you're too busy being a freeloading tick.

Dave
Not hardly but even if that were true it's better than being a know nothing, big mouthed, spineless, dickless slob like you. You don't know a goddam thing worth talking about and you and everybody else knows it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Are you able to bring a nonpaying guest?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The most expensive way to hunt is to buy your own land. Leasing is a much better deal with few exceptions.

Then there's the freeloader crowd who think they are owed the right to hunt on someone else's property. I keep hearing these grand stories about all these freeloaders do for the landowner whose land they hunt but in all my years of letting dozens of people hunt on land I own, I've yet to see it in person. Only once did anyone ever actually do something for me and that was an old 82 year old preacher who was a former Army Ranger and his 2 grown boys. Gave me a bunch of cool hunting calls and other small hunting stuff. They've since moved on and I finally tired of the freeloader crowd taking advantage so all our land is posted this year. If you freeloaders don't like it, you know where you can go.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, I'm back on the 1200 acre lease. Just found out today after two years the deal fell thru. Been hunting that ground since the late 70's when it was open. It will be like going home.

Always felt bad for some of the locals who got shut out when it became leased and some of them are distant relatives. A small few, during the middle of the week, when no one else is there become Sneaky Petes, but I Ignore it. After all these years only a couple come on anyway, and they live up against it and fatten up the Deer and Turkey on the corn they grow on the outside border and only hunt the inside edge.

Good news day!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hunted on a lease in Coleman county Texas for 25 years. Owners died, sold by the kids. It was 3000.00 for 960 acres. I had it by myself or split it with a friend. Deal of a life time. Quail, dove, and lots of deer. Hated to lose that place. The owner told us great stories about the depression years.

Last edited by hanco; 08/30/16.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not hardly but even if that were true it's better than being a know nothing, big mouthed, spineless, dickless slob like you. You don't know a goddam thing worth talking about and you and everybody else knows it.

Do you really think I have a big mouth?

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Are you able to bring a nonpaying guest?

Yeah.

But Gruff moved a while ago.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rrroae

Then there's the freeloader crowd who think they are owed the right to hunt on someone else's property.

Sounds like Blackheart.

Clark

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Only an idiot or a piss poor, lazy azz "hunter" who needs and wants to sit in a stand over a food plot or feeder in order to kill something would pay to hunt in an area with lots of land open to hunting for free. No doubt there are plenty of idiots and piss poor, lazy azz hunters here on the campfire.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
735 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 73 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.