Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#11406583 08/30/16
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Things really came together for this picture - late evening sun, subject matter (60# was biggest) and composition. The two biggest weren't going to fit in the cooler and we were over nighting at the cabin, so I tucked in to a little beach on the flood so we could fillet them out.

[Linked Image]

On an aside, I ended up getting "fish finger" yesterday from a really small cut that got infected from handling fish. Within about 3 hours, things went from bad, to worse, to getting my ass to the ER. Never had that happen before. Heading to the hospital for another round of IV antibiotics here shortly.

BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

nice ......you're a lucky dog......... grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nice!! If you have extra let me know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got some knives ..that if u look at them wrong ...u get a cut ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Nice!! If you have extra let me know.

Always got your hand out, don't you?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nice fishes, MM. Congrats!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The ER doc told me there's also "seal finger". I'll let Klik or NWA verify that one. Similar thing, you're cutting up a seal and you have a cut on your hand somewhere.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thats a new one on me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

The ER doc told me there's also "seal finger". I'll let Klik or NWA verify that one. Similar thing, you're cutting up a seal and you have a cut on your hand somewhere.

That's a definite problem best avoided. I've had the 'fish-finger' and I was glad to be fighting with a much younger immune system. I have never heard that 'seal finger' was preferable in any way, but I try to be careful not to compare either of them again.

As an addendum, my hands have roamed throughout the insides of many moose, often with nicks or scrapes on my finger but with nary a problem. Caribou, OTOH, are notoriously bad for causing infection if you've got broken skin, especially a new break. I still bear the evidence of an old wound which rears it's ugliness in a knuckle when the weather gets cranky. (That one took some heavy meds to heal at the time. 'Twas a pussy bugger. ......... does that make sense or should I re-word it? grin )

Last edited by Klikitarik; 08/31/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks like a good time with favorable weather. Well except for the fish finger. Glad you were close enough for antibiotics.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I knew a couple researchers that got seal-finger from harbor seal bites. That's why I always wore gauntlets when I had to wrestle them.

There were fur seal as well. Asked many times and refused to F with them!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I got a letter from the Doc a couple of days ago as I have a knee surgery scheduled. Letter stated that the week before surgery I am to stay away from anything that can cut me. If I have any cuts or scratches on my arms or legs they will not do the surgery due to infection risk. Wow.

Sounds like the fish think is this even worse

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got fish finger in college a couple times , F%$#ing Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BCJR
I got fish finger in college a couple times , F%$#ing Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Best post EVER

Fish poisoning is a real bad deal. I had 2 of my managers almost die from it. We handle tens of thousands of salmon every year and I try and hammer into the seasonals the dangers of it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I handle piles of salmon, and my hands are sliced and diced on a regular basis. Had it once. Almost lost my hand. Bad stuff. Part of the business.

BTW, we are catching (I think) your neets fish right now. 8.4lb average for the last trip.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whack and stack them Calvin! We have had a few fall chum show up but not a ton yet. The coho are trickling in slowly but surely. We had a pod of orcas hanging out in the mouth of the bay for a few days, sure they were after the coho.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have no clue what I had once, but it was from the taxidermy shop for sure. Went to bed that nihgt after working on hides of some type, don't even recall what, heck maybe I was fleshing fish that day... just don't recall.

Remember waking up at home, I was hot. And had to go piss. dad said he heard me hit the floor in the hall, I never made it. Woke up and turned the lights on and there were dark red streaks going up my arm towards armpit...

ER quickly and IV antibiotics...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
632 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.