Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Big fish, You're over your head on this one, son. How many epi shots have you given in your life for allergic reactions? How many times have you pushed epi during a cardiac event? The FDA is a joke and shares a tremendous amount of blame for the prescription drug problems this country faces but this situation IS NOT the fault of the FDA.

Instead of changing my post, which I expected some dipshlt to do, you should educate yourself. It would help you to look less foolish, ignorant and immature.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve

Drugs vs. Chairs

The problem with the pharmaceutical industry is that they’re part of a highly-regulated cronyist system

I'm here from the government and I'm here to help laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you already have a prescription for an Epi-pen, the next time it expires just call the prescribing doc and ask for the $7.00 medication version along with a few syringes.

The shelf life of epinephrine is short (thinking 6 Month)... so if I get stung my thought process would go something like,"Damn that hurts... crap I'm starting to have a hard time breathing... man I hate needles... wait I'm saving over $1200 this year by poking myself in the leg with a conventional needle.... I'm going to buy that 6.5 Creedmore Montana I have been thinking about....".

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
simplistic and sophomoric. There is so much more than that at play with drug prices. If you think prices are too high, in general, it's because of the FDA or the DOJ. Both drive the price. Blame a politician, a bureaucrat or a lawyer, not the company that makes and sells the product. They make very little on it, and on stuff like EpiPen, probably lose money.

Epinephrine is an old drug-I mean very old. I'm retired recently now from giving anesthesia but the very last case I did was a healthy, young (30's) patient who presented for a normal and usual procedure and as we say in the vernacular, should have been a "walk in the park" anesthesia-wise.

It turns out she proceeded to a total anaphylactic shock due to some extraneous agent (I will not name here but not given me ). "Epi" and some other drugs and mucho fast decisions and action literally saved her brain and her life.

This drug in "epi-pen" form (which she now requires in multiple locations) should not be expensive. No figures or facts in hand but if I saw the glass house of the ACA on the hill, and had the opportunity, I walk up and throw the biggest rock I could. And as hard and fast as I could.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Big fish, You're over your head on this one, son. How many epi shots have you given in your life for allergic reactions? How many times have you pushed epi during a cardiac event? The FDA is a joke and shares a tremendous amount of blame for the prescription drug problems this country faces but this situation IS NOT the fault of the FDA.

Instead of changing my post, which I expected some dipshlt to do, you should educate yourself. It would help you to look less foolish, ignorant and immature.

Yep.

The greed involved is holding allergic people financially hostage.

It's the sort of move that makes people make bad decisions.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Their price for epipen is simply unconscionable.

They used to cost $15. (A long time ago). And there's less than a dollar's worth of epinephrine in them. Plus the price of an injector.

The cost of the drug gets mentioned in every complaint about Epi-Pen, but it's really meaningless since it's not just the drug one pays for.

It's the safety and convenience you're buying.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was safe and convenient At $50 too.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
It's the safety and convenience you're buying.

You're actually being bent over and horse-p h u c k e d with your pants on, under the 'guise' of safety and convenience.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd imagine that a large portion of that money went to the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.

The seem to have an awful lot of fingers in an awful lot of pies.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by poboy
It was safe and convenient At $50 too.

Stop making sense.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yep.

Then answer my damn question: Why doesn't someone just start making and selling EpiPens and selling them for $20 a pop?

It's a really easy answer.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll ask it another way or two: What stands in the way of someone bringing a $20 EpiPen to market? If the drug portion is so cheap, why can't someone just start selling EpiPens and undercut the big guy and still make a profit?

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Obviously there's a HUGE market for a cheap EpiPen, and the cost of goods sold is minute.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
HINT: It's the FDA, which is part of what?

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And don't blame this on the lawsuits. Patent is up on the thing. If you can't prove in court that you should be able to produce this without patent infringement, you hired the worst corporate lawyers money can buy.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The manufacturer or the patent owner sets the price not the FDA. Capiche?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
wonder if a convention of states will ever happen. Fed.Gov is out of control.

^Here's another hint^

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yep.

Then answer my damn question: Why doesn't someone just start making and selling EpiPens and selling them for $20 a pop?

It's a really easy answer.

I can't answer your damn question. I'm not in the business.

It doesn't change the fact that there is zero reasoning for the epi=pen to cost as much as it does; other than they can get away with it.

I get free market, etc as well as anyone, but there is a basic humane element being purposely avoided.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The manufacturer or the patent owner sets the price not the FDA. Capiche?

Did you read the part about the CEO of the epi-pen co. being the daughter of the politician Joe Manchin, or the fact the FDA interfered, and the competitors being denied by approval the FDA?

Not to mention the lobbyist.

Can you say pay to play?

We are becoming a banana republic.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The R&D on them, as well as the FDA studies on them, were done decades ago.

They charge as much as they can get away with. I think they found that point now.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.