-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have the very first generation of Vortex Razor 10x42 binoculars and I have condensation in one of the tubes. Just noticed it today but I was in fairly cold weather this weekend and when I got to the house was cleaning my stuff and noticed it. My guess is the condensation happened when I got into the truck but who knows

Couple of questions, is this an easy fix and if they can't fix it what do they do for the oldest pair of razors they made?

I'm sure it'll all work out. They are a perfect pair for truck binos and I hate to be without them for very long

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
These are the Razors I have. I hope they can repair them as I really like them. They're a perfect pair to leave in the truck but the fact that they are discontinued made me curious as to how it would be handled if they aren't repairable

[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntsonora; 08/28/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe as long as the damage wasn't intentional they promise to repair any optic from any other damage and if repair isn't possible replace with a equal or higher value item.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They will probably be replaced .

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Say what you will about the actual optics, the customer service at Vortex is absolutely fantastic!

I sent my binoculars back and will let y'all know if they are able to fix them or replace them

IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I sent in a pair of Vultures a couple years ago and they were repaired but the issues were more external not optical so I don't know.

Wouldn't surprise me if they purged em for ya.

I am on my second Vortex bino (Talon HD 8x42mm) and, while I've never owned alpha glass so I am easy to please I LOVE them.

I did, however, compare them side by side in fading light w/ some Swarovskys (I think they were SLCs?) and found nowhere near the difference is expect based upon price.

I guess I'm happy (and my checkbook is too) to remain ignorant!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Vortex Optics customer service blows me away. I sent in my 1st generation Razor 10x42 binoculars on Monday because I had some condensation in one of the tubes. Somehow USPS got them there in a day and they were received yesterday. They took a look at them and decided they could not be effectively repaired (don't know how they got to them that fast but they did) and today I get a tracking number for the package they've sent me.

Obviously I was curious as I didn't think they would even get them until Thursday at the earliest so I called and talked to Larry who was helping me out. Larry said they got mine in, saw that they were in great condition considering the use I put them through and when they looked at them they decided it was not a repairable item so they sent a new pair to me immediately. This is what's crazy to me, they sent me a new pair of the Gen 3 Razor HD's!

It is so damn hard to find companies that care about quality customer service these days. I am literally blown away by Vortex and their staff. My mind is blown and I had to share

Last edited by huntsonora; 08/31/16.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

^^^^^^^^^^^

good deal.............I sent them my Razor 10-42 Gen 1's...

they cleaned & adjusted them....sent them back.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's hard to beat Drum. The newer Razor HD is excellent and I bet you like the ergos even better than your previous one. Kudos to Vortex for taking care of it's customers.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Vortex Optics customer service blows me away. I sent in my 1st generation Razor 10x42 binoculars on Monday because I had some condensation in one of the tubes. Somehow USPS got them there in a day and they were received yesterday. They took a look at them and decided they could not be effectively repaired (don't know how they got to them that fast but they did) and today I get a tracking number for the package they've sent me.

Obviously I was curious as I didn't think they would even get them until Thursday at the earliest so I called and talked to Larry who was helping me out. Larry said they got mine in, saw that they were in great condition considering the use I put them through and when they looked at them they decided it was not a repairable item so they sent a new pair to me immediately. This is what's crazy to me, they sent me a new pair of the Gen 3 Razor HD's!

It is so damn hard to find companies that care about quality customer service these days. I am literally blown away by Vortex and their staff. My mind is blown and I had to share

WOW, very nice!! Speaks volumes about the company.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's hard to beat Drum. The newer Razor HD is excellent and I bet you like the ergos even better than your previous one. Kudos to Vortex for taking care of it's customers.

Yeah they are freaking awesome binos I have them in 10x50. Quite frankly the few times I have dealt with them on other binos their response was always positive , no questions asked just fix or replace. Page out of the Swarovski customer handbook .

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Vortex has a great warranty, and you are more likely to have to use it than with many other optic companies. Personally I'd prefer to go with a company that doesn't have such a high defective rate as even the best warranty out there doesn't do me a bit of good if they go bad on a hunt. Sure they will replace them but that doesn't do me any good for that hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drum,

I'm happy to hear you got that sorted out. Mad props to Vortex.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I sent in my first gen. Razors and called them a couple days later after they had received mine and ask if they could fix them. Their reply was no but we will send you a replacement pair. Since they no longer made the non-HD I ask if I could pay for an upgrade which they replied they could not do that. So I ask if they still had new stock first gen razors. Once again their reply was, no but we have some used binos we keep for testing and we will send you one of those. I bought these binos when they were first introduced so I had a low serial numbered pair. When I received the replacement pair I checked the serial number and it was an even earlier serial number. I thanked them for replacing my binos and sold the binos and all my vortex scopes and have not looked at anything they have released since. I also don't recommend any of their products to anybody either.

So before anybody decides to flame me, I ask to PAY for an upgrade. Instead they decided that I should be happy with a used pair of their binos. I am glad that huntsonora recieved an upgrade that was big of Vortex.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BluMtn

I sent in my first gen. Razors and called them a couple days later after they had received mine and ask if they could fix them. Their reply was no but we will send you a replacement pair. Since they no longer made the non-HD I ask if I could pay for an upgrade which they replied they could not do that. So I ask if they still had new stock first gen razors. Once again their reply was, no but we have some used binos we keep for testing and we will send you one of those. I bought these binos when they were first introduced so I had a low serial numbered pair. When I received the replacement pair I checked the serial number and it was an even earlier serial number. I thanked them for replacing my binos and sold the binos and all my vortex scopes and have not looked at anything they have released since. I also don't recommend any of their products to anybody either.

So before anybody decides to flame me, I ask to PAY for an upgrade. Instead they decided that I should be happy with a used pair of their binos. I am glad that huntsonora recieved an upgrade that was big of Vortex.

Were the binoculars you sent in brand new or used? It sounds like they replaced the product with the same product in the same condition that you sent in. If they would have repaired your binocular you would still have got back a used binocular. I'm no Vortex fan but it sounds like they treated you very fairly.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Drum,

Glad to hear about the great service and appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm optimistically hoping to hear improvements in their tracking in their scopes, but that's a different conversation. <grin>

Nights are getting cooler, I think it's time to really put team to use!

Last edited by Akbob5; 09/02/16.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 27 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.