-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Her: hands beautiful rifle back across counter, says, "thanks , now let me show you what $1500 looks like walking away from you. "

awesome! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Another one was many years ago when the guy asked if the gas operated shotgun he'd just bought took regular or unleaded and asked where the "tank" was, and yes, he was serious...

Not at a gun shop, but my boss (for a very short time) years ago bragged about his .50 cal Desert Eagle. Said it was really accurate, but a hassle to shoot because it took CO2 cylinders. I asked if it was a BB gun, nope, "it shoots 50 AE".

Figured out later he'd heard they're gas operated and thought that meant it ran on CO2; obviously he'd never owned one.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
...or the guy that REFUSED TO LISTED when advised against buying .22 ammo for his Glock 22.

Refused to listed?

As in he wouldn't lean to one side?
I don't know if it's the campfire or my computer (on which I upgrade the software each time it's offered), but the spell check is driving me nuts when I am trying to post on this site. On my last post (one on this thread), it substituted another word for the word I was typing four times. Unfortunately, I only caught three of them and had to edit the post to correct the fourth (I typed 'he" and it corrected it to "the"). You have to proofread your posts carefully.

(I just reread my post here and saw that the spell check removed the word "on" in my second sentence, apparently thinking that I had typed "one" twice.) mad

*Listen... sorry your panties got bound up over a typo.

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/31/16.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Yondering
Another one was many years ago when the guy asked if the gas operated shotgun he'd just bought took regular or unleaded and asked where the "tank" was, and yes, he was serious...

Not at a gun shop, but my boss (for a very short time) years ago bragged about his .50 cal Desert Eagle. Said it was really accurate, but a hassle to shoot because it took CO2 cylinders. I asked if it was a BB gun, nope, "it shoots 50 AE".

Figured out later he'd heard they're gas operated and thought that meant it ran on CO2; obviously he'd never owned one.

So that makes three of us, accounted for, that have had 'discussions' about gas operated firearms. Amazing. Of course the guy I was talking to quite literally thought I had a gas motor (I guess in the buttstock?) somewhere in my rifle...sounds like your guy just got confused by his paintball gun.

Brings up the timeless debate. If an AR-15 is gas operated would an AR-10 run on diesel? Good stuff.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by westside_benny

Brings up the timeless debate. If an AR-15 is gas operated would an AR-10 run on diesel?

OF COURSE... and nuke subs run on ???

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
Yep had the BATF undercover try to sell me a "Schmiser", speed dialed the S.O. and said I need backup NOW, then drew down on him and floored him and cuffed him.

Two agents ran in the door cred packs out yelling stop. After we got it sorted out I asked if they might just be a bit dumb pulling that schit on a sworn deputy of the county!

LMAO! Surprise!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
" The Sh*t You See Working In A Gun Store.."

So Walt walks in to a gun store.........

Walt who?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Try working as a range officer right before hunting season opens.....

I go to my local gun club before the opening of any season and just sit back and watch. I try to intervene in dangerous situations if the range officers are busy with other idiots.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Brings up the timeless debate. If an AR-15 is gas operated would an AR-10 run on diesel?

OF COURSE... and nuke subs run on ???

Nuke subs run on propane they filter from sea water. That is how the can stay down so long.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yondering

So that makes three of us, accounted for, that have had 'discussions' about gas operated firearms. Amazing. Of course the guy I was talking to quite literally thought I had a gas motor (I guess in the buttstock?) somewhere in my rifle...sounds like your guy just got confused by his paintball gun.

Brings up the timeless debate. If an AR-15 is gas operated would an AR-10 run on diesel? Good stuff.

Another "gas-operated" giggle.

Hunting one day with an acquaintance, he is carrying a Remington 1100 and I have an A-5 Browning. I remarked on how convenient the gas operated system made changing ammo vs my Browning. He had a puzzled look and asked "Gas operated?", and I says yes.

His next remark made me laugh.

"I hope it don't run out on the next covey..." I explained gas operation to him. Don't know if he got it, though.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I worked out at the rifle range we had a coffee can full of casings that had obviously been run through the wrong caliber rifle. It really makes you wonder some times. The lack of firearms safety displayed by guys who should have definitely known better always amazed me.

After deer season, the range was only open on the weekends, and with just a person manning the office, who would make the rounds every hour and check on the clay pigeon range, the handgun range and the rifle range. I was working on Sunday, and had two older fellers shooting up on the rifle range. I was keeping an eye on them through the closed circuit camera and I noticed I hadn't seen the one guy in a half hour or so. He hadn't come to the office, or gone down to the parking lot to use the biffy or get anything out of his car. I figured I'd better go up and check on him. I get up to the range shack, and the one guy's down on his rifle, lining up a shot. I asked him "where's your buddy?" He told me he was out behind the target butts. This guy would shoot, and he'd come out to check his shot! Sometimes you just can't unteach stupid.

Last edited by gophergunner; 08/31/16.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No sheit. I heard about a guy in Montana that tried to run 22-250 ammo through a 7-08.

True story. They type among us.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
When I worked out at the rifle range we had a coffee can full of casings that had obviously been run through the wrong caliber rifle. It really makes you wonder some times. The lack of firearms safety displayed by guys who should have definitely known better always amazed me.

After deer season, the range was only open on the weekends, and with just a person manning the office, who would make the rounds every hour and check on the clay pigeon range, the handgun range and the rifle range. I was working on Sunday, and had two older fellers shooting up on the rifle range. I was keeping an eye on them through the closed circuit camera and I noticed I hadn't seen the one guy in a half hour or so. He hadn't come to the office, or gone down to the parking lot to use the biffy or get anything out of his car. I figured I'd better go up and check on him. I get up to the range shack, and the one guy's down on his rifle, lining up a shot. I asked him "where's your buddy?" He told me he was out behind the target butts. This guy would shoot, and he'd come out to check his shot! Sometimes you just can't unteach stupid.

Well, when I was in the USN and we had to qualify with the M-1 in boot camp up at Pendleton, the targets were manned by another unit in the pits below.. One guy took a ricochet right off his helmet.. Left a nice dent..

This was back in Jan. of '67.. Wonder if they still do it that way?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well, when I was in the USN and we had to qualify with the M-1 in boot camp up at Pendleton, the targets were manned by another unit in the pits below.. One guy took a ricochet right off his helmet.. Left a nice dent..

Nebraska Army Guard still did that in the 80's out at the Holdrege range, I believe.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's how they did it at Camp Gordon Ga. for Sgt. York in 1917. I saw the movie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have done that early 80's at a gun club event, we all took turns in the pit.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Your old boot camp is now full of fancy shops and offices.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Same in '67 at Ft. Polk, LA.

Tall round metal culvert type pipe sections buried vertical w/metal ladders attached to inside wall, mostly puddles of water/mud bottom.

Kind of cool watching ricochet tracer rounds sizzle and burn out in the dirt and mud puddles around outside pit.
More scary than cool when one bounced inside.

Got a bit intense for a few minutes once for one young trainee soon after starting his turn down inside the pits. Pygmy rattler in the bottom and bullets flying over his head.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I think Camp Perry now has some electronic targets.. but they still have pits... the last time we shot the nationals in 2004 IIRC, they were all pits. I"ve never shot a highpower range that had anything other( reduced courses didn't have em, used your spotting scope but generally speaking pits are anywhere there is a 600 plus yard range)

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pits are very safe if they are designed correctly.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.