Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I'm guessing they end up with Sanchez, it looks like Denver wants to get rid of him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's not a horrible option for back up.

Hill will be good for the first 1/2 of the year.

Stave has an accurate arm and seems to have some strength.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Teddy Bridgewater is the kind of athlete that we need more of. By all accounts he has high moral character, talent and interests in common with many of us, including being an avid outdoorsman. I hope he heals quickly and is back on the gridiron soon.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
[Linked Image]

grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Redneck
I heard tix for the Pack/Queens game at the Bird Cage is running in the THOUSANDS on the secondary market - and that's for nose-bleeds..

Queens are gonna go DOWN - I'm hopin' for a GB - 70, Queens - 0 by end of game.. That is, if McStupid will continue to step on the gas..

You can hope in one hand and Miller Lite in the other and see which one fills up first. No way that chit Dfense holds any teams to 0 points. including the Baldwin/Woodville Blackhawks.

McStupid will have to step on the gas outta town. They're going to lose to a second or 3rd string qb in MN.
I said I was HOPING for a 70-0 score... You gotta check yer glasses... laugh

Got yer season tix for them Queens yet?? I heard the entire home season's sold out.. Gotta be the first time in, what, 50 years??? Only due to the Bird Cage - ala Target field when that opened..

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Teddy Bridgewater is the kind of athlete that we need more of. By all accounts he has high moral character, talent and interests in common with many of us, including being an avid outdoorsman. I hope he heals quickly and is back on the gridiron soon.
Ditto... One of the very, very few Queens players that actually has some class; in fact, more class than the rest combined, IYAM..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's been sold out for many years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

STAVE???!!!!! Holy smokes, I had no idea he was even a consideration for the NFL.
He couldn't QB a run-oriented collegiate team. laugh

I'd get Tommy Kramer on the horn before trotting Stave out there. *grins*

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Nope. The Vikings nor any other team besides the packers con their fans out of $275 / year to claim they OWN the team.

It's a single time purchase price. Not a yearly fee.

I'd much rather pay a one time fee to help out my team and hang that certificate up in the garage than pay 150 bones for some player's jersey who might not be there in 3 weeks.

How pissed do you have to be to pay 150 for a Moss jersey, he leaves so you pony up another 150 for a Harvin jersey and then he's gone so you give it one more go for a Christian Ponder jersey. You're 450 into the team for something that wears out, doesn't represent the team etc.

How is buying a stock certificate that everyone knows doesn't confer any real rights for 275 dumber than paying for a player's jersey over and over as they get traded, cut or arrested?

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
You guys might luck out and get Kaepernick. laugh

That's been the running joke. If you know anything about the coach for the Vikings, I think Zimmer would suit up before he'd have him on the team.

Zimmer likes men of character, Peterson not withstanding. He didn't pick him to be on the team.

Peterson has tons of character.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by SKane

STAVE???!!!!! Holy smokes, I had no idea he was even a consideration for the NFL.

+1
If you play Stave against professionals you will get your azz beat in a fashion that hasn't been seen since the Cryin' Lions went 0-16!

Life - and the good sense to live it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When I first moved up here I used to see Two Martini Tommy in the Applebee's over by Ridgedale all the time. He was so drunk in there one night he literally couldn't even talk, and could barely hold his head up. He went out and threw for like 300 yards the next day. The hangover had to have been historic.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Maybe I'm way off because no one else is talking about him. He threw pretty well in preseason game #2.

I'm guessing well get a lol tomorrow. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Nope. The Vikings nor any other team besides the packers con their fans out of $275 / year to claim they OWN the team.

It's a single time purchase price. Not a yearly fee.

I'd much rather pay a one time fee to help out my team and hang that certificate up in the garage than pay 150 bones for some player's jersey who might not be there in 3 weeks.

How pissed do you have to be to pay 150 for a Moss jersey, he leaves so you pony up another 150 for a Harvin jersey and then he's gone so you give it one more go for a Christian Ponder jersey. You're 450 into the team for something that wears out, doesn't represent the team etc.

How is buying a stock certificate that everyone knows doesn't confer any real rights for 275 dumber than paying for a player's jersey over and over as they get traded, cut or arrested?

A man shouldn't be wearing a shirt with another mans name on the back. The only jersey I have is a Vikings caved jersey. Hangs on the wall for all the packer fans to look at.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only jersey I have (and Packer gear) is a Game Packer throwback. Christmas gift from mom.

I'm not a jersey guy tho I could probably like a Gordie Howe sweater or something...

Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think dead guys are ok. I'll have to check with my consultant.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by GrandView
Originally Posted by mohick
Just another thug down! nothing to see here move along

Nope.

I'm no fan of the Vikings, but Bridgewater was a young man with extremely high character. Hardly a thug.

The Hick is just loves to hate. It serves to keep him relevant.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Havent heard Tommy Kramer in a long time

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Tyler Heinicke is still on the Vikes roster albeit currently on the PUP.

He showed well in preseason last year. I was really looking forward to watching him this preseason but the dumb ass injured his leg breaking in to his own house. Sounds like he can't practice for another 3 weeks yet.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Maybe I'm way off because no one else is talking about him. He threw pretty well in preseason game #2.

I'm guessing well get a lol tomorrow. smile

You are correct in that Stave does have a strong arm. If you watch more than one game however you will see that his accuracy/consistency is highly suspect. You'll have noted that he also fumbled the ball away the only two times he was hit in game #3. That is Stave in a nutshell - one step forward, two steps back. He is a big, strong armed guy and physically very tough. Unfortunately he is also a statue in the pocket and has little awareness of where the hits will be coming from. You don't win a lot of NFL games in which your QB turns the ball over twice.

Last edited by LONEOAK; 09/01/16.

Life - and the good sense to live it!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.