Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.agingrebel.com/14544

August 23, 2016

Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger, a still active member of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club and an icon of American individualism, announced on his Facebook page yesterday that he is moving back to Oakland.

And, when he gets there he will register to vote. And, after he registers he intends to vote for Donald Trump for President in November.

Barger was a founder of the Hells Angels charter in Oakland, California and was influential in uniting the Oakland charter with separate and distinct Hells Angels clubs in San Bernardino, California, Fontana, California and elsewhere. He transferred from the Oakland charter to the new, Cave Creek charter of the club in October 1998. He has not explained his reasons for transferring back to the Bay Area.

Voting For Trump

However, earlier this month Barger expressed his intention to vote for Donald Trump. On August 13, Barger wrote:

“I, along with Donald Trump, believe the election process is rigged. The politicians and media make a joke of the statement, ‘It is rigged.’ If a person can win the popular vote – but lose the election – I believe, along with Trump, the process is rigged – and so should every other American whose vote is not counted. In some elections, the winner is elected before some state votes are even counted. If that is not rigged, what do you call it? I think people, along with myself, are tired of the politicians and media running the elections and telling some Americans your vote doesn’t count, because we’ve had the process since time began. I, for one, am voting for Trump, because it’s time to change.”

That same day, a pseudonymous commenter on Barger’s Facebook page lectured him that he wouldn’t be able to vote because he was a convicted felon. Barger replied, “Yes I am a felon and I can vote and I will be voting for Trump.” Barger was right. The commenter was wrong.

Enfranchising Felons

But it might be a little easier for Barger to vote for Trump in California than in Arizona. Barger has been convicted of multiple felonies dating to 1963 when he was convicted of felony possession of marijuana. He was last convicted – of participating in an interstate bombing conspiracy – in 1987. He was paroled in 1992. The last three pages of Barger’s memoir, Hell’s Angel, list his 21 brushes with the law.

In Arizona, a person convicted of two or more felonies must petition a judge or secure a pardon before he can vote. In California, voting rights for convicted felons are automatically restored upon completion of parole.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would have guessed he was long dead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i can't believe he is still alive and croaking! i met Sonny and pals in the late sixties when they would make 4th of July runs on Bass Lake Ca. I was born and raised there abouts and the Angles had their own campground set aside for the 4th. i rode a Triumph Bonney back then and those guy's always complimented that bike. never really had any problems with them outside of them beating each other up.
one 4th my older sister and i were at the Frostie Freeze in Oakhurst and were surrounded by Angles. my sister has a sweettooth like no one else and ordered 100 jaw breakers. the big ones the size of a quarter. those guy's about crapped. one said Dang Girl you will be toothless by 20! wasnt to far off!

Last edited by deerstalker; 08/31/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He's the real deal.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I trust Sonny more than I trust Hillary.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whelennut
I trust Sonny more than I trust Hillary.

For one thing, he's likely had a lot fewer people killed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sonny ain't dead but he looks and sounds that way. IIRC he did a cameo in Sons of Anarchy and unless you were up on your 81 - you'd never know who he was.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cant imagine the idiot is even legal to vote. Just saw legal in Cali. Hah! Go figure

Never understood the fascination with a bunch of grubby retards on bikes?

Last edited by MadMooner; 08/31/16.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this is not a good guy. he ran a worldwide crime ring that dealt in the worst drugs imaginable. his people killed and tortured and intimidated. he and his ilk are complete POS's.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rem141r
this is not a good guy. he ran a worldwide crime ring that dealt in the worst drugs imaginable. his people killed and tortured and intimidated. he and his ilk are complete POS's.

And he's still better than Hillary...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by okie

And he's still better than Hillary...

ya well, that goes without saying. ABC baby, AB fuggen C

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You make it sound like he was a life long democrat, he's no where near that bad. laugh

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least he has a code of honor which is more than you can say for any democrap, and especially Hitlery.

Barger wouldn't allow any of his people killed without in-kind retaliation then lie to their families.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i've known a few banditos over the yrs and i'd trust them over a dem any day.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.