Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
and didn't buy a gun. Thought shortactionsmoker was gonna have a heart attack!

Fondled one of the newer Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunters in 6.5 creedmoor, in Natural Gear camo. Almost bit....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since I am still shooting the M70 varmint rifle I ordered new in 1957 and have a good battery of guns I just look at them in the shops.

If I see one even nicer than what I have I might buy.

Here is a current favorite used in fair weather. It's a 30-06 on a dwm mauser with an octagon barrel.

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You showed restraint,CONGRATS! laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He'll be back and I know he'll buy something.....he has store credit from trades!

And he did buy powder, bullets and some Yeti stuff. It's not like he got out the door for free!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
NOBODY leaves Whittaker Guns for free!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
He'll be back and I know he'll buy something.....he has store credit from trades!

And he did buy powder, bullets and some Yeti stuff. It's not like he got out the door for free!

spent $500, huh

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I wanna make a road trip!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still get new guns there sometimes, but they really used to hammer me when the used rifles were listed online! Always nice to deal with. There's probably 4-5 of my favorite rifles that came off their used rack, sight unseen.....

Now with even more aplomb
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Their used guns online bring back precious memories! The good ol days!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
NOBODY leaves Whittaker Guns for free!

Funny and true!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JPro
I still get new guns there sometimes, but they really used to hammer me when the used rifles were listed online! Always nice to deal with. There's probably 4-5 of my favorite rifles that came off their used rack, sight unseen.....

Originally Posted by fats

I've been trying to respond to this, but keep getting redirected..

Anyway, we now have a dedicated programmer. You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online. There will be a slight delay when processing the order to verify a customer in the store doesn't have it in his/her hands. We'll be able to provide confirmation within an hour. It's going to be pretty neat. A little different than other sites with used guns online.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Anyway, we now have a dedicated programmer. You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online. There will be a slight delay when processing the order to verify a customer in the store doesn't have it in his/her hands. We'll be able to provide confirmation within an hour. It's going to be pretty neat. A little different than other sites with used guns online.

Great news, SAS!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Another neat feature -- along with the "notify me" button like other websites, we'll have a special tab for a "wish list".

The wish list will be available for new and used guns. Collectors will really like that option.....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since they went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tmitch
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since the went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.

I have a plan for that.

Y
Y
Originally Posted by tmitch
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since the went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.

I have a plan for that.

Sign me up!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online.

Satan...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Any plans to provide some sort of lawyer consultation to help your customers with the increases in divorce this may cause? I may need it depending on what used guns come in!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't wait on the new website.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't expect a Christmas card from a certain red haired wife of Irish extraction. grin

I on the other hand, are looking forward to it!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,149 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.