Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
We bought an 06 Titan 4x4 yesterday. What a truck they are. I have had enough of Chebby's and Fords.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck! Let us know what you get for mpg. Brother has a pard with one and when they run down to MO and KS for deer hunting from WI - they leave it behind and take his father's Chebby. The titan gets such poor mileage he can't afford to run it long haul.

Wondering if his is a one off or if they all suck fuel.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are we talking the older ones, or the new one with the Cummins V8?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.

So we bought yesterday as is. They almost filled the gas tank on it. Last night I top it off. I drove all of 39 miles yesterday. When I get home the F'ing "service engine soon" light come on.

I had a friend check it with his scanner, guess what, it's the f'ing Catylitic converter. He checked the price, $1100 bucks for both.

So the dealer gets a phone call tomorrow. Does anyone now if there is a certain time limit for some help?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by viking
We bought an 06 Titan 4x4 yesterday. What a truck they are. I have had enough of Chebby's and Fords.

Good luck brother. I was looking at an 08 Titan. But changed my mind, this particular truck has been for sale at 2 different dealerships in town because the new owners couldn't afford to feed the damn thing. Talked to one guy (younger kid), he said he was lucky if he got 9 mpg. This was the offroad model..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.

So we bought yesterday as is. They almost filled the gas tank on it. Last night I top it off. I drove all of 39 miles yesterday. When I get home the F'ing "service engine soon" light come on.

I had a friend check it with his scanner, guess what, it's the f'ing Catylitic converter. He checked the price, $1100 bucks for both.

So the dealer gets a phone call tomorrow. Does anyone now if there is a certain time limit for some help?
As is usually translates to as is. It's yours to deal with.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah I guess, I was looking for some light at the end of the tunnel. I will see tomorrow what the dealer says. Bastids 😡

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sound like they reset it by pulling a battery cable and then you got the light after purchase

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I found Rockauto has the part (16479) at 364.99. Some local place wants $510.

Then when I was doing a search, this place called catalytic regeneration says it can regenerate them for a fraction of the price and guarantee to pass inspection. They use some kind of chemical process to clean them up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the dealer gives you flack - don't ask for warranty - ask for policy coverage. Semantics I know but it makes a difference to the dealership and their budget.

Policy admits no fault and is basically like a gift card that you used at the service counter. Warranty sorta implies some sort of failure they're at fault for and it's harder to get covered then.

Me

IC B3

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
A couple of guys suggested that some just wiped the code, and I am the luck receipeant.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Some guys have all the bad luck when it comes to trucks. Ford or "cheby", it doesn't matter...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Mine is a 2007 with over 100k on it. Mine is 4wd, extra cab and it has the towing package. I knocked the resonators out of mine and later on I knocked the cats out. The manifolds are bad to crack and most guys replace them with headers, gas mileage will plummet if they crack.

I had an uprev tune ran on my truck. I get 17-18mpg on the interstate as long as I'm not heavy on the skinny peddle and I get 13-14.5mpg in town.

Everyone else I know gets 27mpg with the (fill in the blank) but my family has owned full sized trucks for 30yrs and they have all been around 13-15mpg in town if calculated off the odometer and not using the on board MPG deal. A friend had a diesel that showed he was getting 22mpg when he calculated it by hand it came up to 13.7mpg.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check you state law, some have a couple days to rethink major purchases. I would normally be opposed to such a thing, but if it keeps you from taking one, this would be fair.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Good luck brother. I was looking at an 08 Titan. But changed my mind, this particular truck has been for sale at 2 different dealerships in town because the new owners couldn't afford to feed the damn thing. Talked to one guy (younger kid), he said he was lucky if he got 9 mpg. This was the offroad model..

My wife had an 08 Titan 4x4 the best mileage I ever saw with it 14.5 mpg. Most of the time hovered in 11-12 mpg.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A couple of guys suggested that some just wiped the code, and I am the luck receipeant.

Almost undoubtedly. A $50 code reader at the parts store will do that. Usually the dealer with their fancy diagnostics can pull deleted codes but it was probably the dealer that turned the light off in the first place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell them to fix it on their dime or take it back. When they refuse, tell them you will park it across the street with a big lemon sign and stand in the back with a bull horn all day. You'll take an ad out in the paper describing how dishonest they are. Ask them how many sales you need to kill for them to be better off just fixing the damn thing. Tell them you're pretty sure you can kill 2-3 times that many sales, no sweat.

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Update: I called the salesman today and explained to him OUR dilemma. I suggested that someone cleared the codes and I was sold a vehicle that won't pass state inspection. He said "let me talk to my boss and I will call you right back". In a few minutes he called and said, " if it's the Cat we will take care of it".

He said it's a common thing these days with the ethanol gas, more so then years ago.....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good deal. I hope it's nothing more than that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, sounds promising. Let us know how it works out.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

604 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,277
Posts18,448,449
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.