Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
Hello All,
New to this forum! After 18 years of applying for Tok sheep, my wife and I drew on a party hunt. We booked air service last Feb and studied the area for months. We flew in and after 5 days had to fly out for a family emergency. We saw a few small Rams, were dropped off in the higher country on the eastern side. I got a second chance and will be flying back in 9-14 till the end of the hunt solo. Anyone ever hunt the West Fork by the glacier or anywhere in the TMA late in the season? Open to suggestions. It will Just be me, the wife has to take care of the kidos and she doesn't want to be a sheep Hunter anymore. Thanks, Josh

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Be prepared for a freak 3 or 4 foot snow storm, and related delayed extraction. (Don't ask how I know this).

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
OP Offline
A
That would suck, but I am prepared for it with some extra food and fuel for stove. We used a DeLorme Explorer our first time in and our first experience with it was... it works a little too good for people wanting to get in touch with you. Meaning my wife would look at it and say....oh, we got 4 messages from my mom.
But with snow like that, I should be able to kill a ram next to my tent right???? 😜

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If you f with a Ram while in your tent we will know what kind of guy you are...... smile

Best of luck to you.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
akgutpile,

Welcome to the Fire. Never hunted the Tok and long gone from AK so can't help, but hoping others have and you get some responses. That's a special tag for sure!

Are you familiar with the AOD forum? I'm not on it, but know of it. Might get some help there!

Good luck,

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Akbob5
akgutpile,

Welcome to the Fire. Never hunted the Tok and long gone from AK so can't help, but hoping others have and you get some responses. That's a special tag for sure!

Are you familiar with the AOD forum? I'm not on it, but know of it. Might get some help there!

Good luck,

Not that joke again!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Art,

No comprende, is AOD a joke? Or did I miss something?

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AOD is a very bad joke and dying a lingering death...

as it should...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Are you in the park or on the west side of the Tok cutoff/Glen hwy.
Erich

At some point my hobbies became my life.
A
OP Offline
A
West of the Tok/Glenn and south of the Alaska hwy.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.