-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saw this on Sunday and give it 3, maybe 4 stars out of 5. It's a psychological horror movie, not an action or monster flick like the original Cloverfield.

A young woman has a car accident and wakes up trapped in an underground bunker with John Goodman and another young man. Things quickly turn weird as John is not the most gracious host. He may really be a benevolent eccentric saving them from Russian nuclear/chemical attack - or is it a Martian invasion? Or is it all phony and he's just a psychopathic killer? That's what the young woman has to figure out.

More suspenseful than horrific but it does have a nice finale as things are all explained in the last 10 minutes or so.

Not for everybody but if you appreciate good character acting and "slow burn" pacing rather than in your face explosions and car chases you'll like this one.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Watched this the other day, I'd lean 4 stars out of 5. Original premise, John Goodman is an awesome actor, held my attention throughout. I would have done something different with the ending but overall it was good. Worth a watch in my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got it from Netflix and watched it last weekend. It is a good movie and I agree with 4 stars out of 5.
Also .... John Goodman played the part of a judge in a Western few guys ever saw. He was great !
Can not think of the movie name but I'll google around looking for it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agree, good flick.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Spoiler below

So that thing at the end, is the thing from the original Cloverfield movie, right?

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotload
Got it from Netflix and watched it last weekend. It is a good movie and I agree with 4 stars out of 5.
Also .... John Goodman played the part of a judge in a Western few guys ever saw. He was great !

The Jack Bull?

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Originally Posted by Hotload

The Jack Bull?

What's the movie. To anyone who likes a good Western get it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

288 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,438
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.