-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Drove by the scene yesterday and it was enough to dampen the eyes! Photos at the link are sobering...

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat-su/2016/09/13/semi-overturns-dumps-beer-along-glenn-highway/

Semi overturns, dumps beer along Glenn Highway in Mat-Su
Author: Chris Klint Updated: 1 day ago Published 1 day ago

Beer containers litter the side of the road at Mile 106 of the Glenn Highway following a truck accident Tuesday morning, Sept. 13, 2016, near Caribou Creek and the Matanuska Glacier. (Courtesy Matanuska-Susitna Borough)

A tractor-trailer hauling beer wrecked on the Glenn Highway on Tuesday morning, spilling cases and kegs along the roadside and slowing traffic.

Ken Barkley, director of emergency services at Mat-Su Emergency Services, said the crash at Mile 106 of the Glenn occurred shortly after 11:30 a.m.

"A truck rolled over and spilled its beer," Barkley said.

The driver received only minor injuries in the crash, including facial lacerations.

Alaska State Troopers said in a dispatch that 46-year-old Dante Cuaresma was at the wheel of the double tractor-trailer that crashed Tuesday.

"A semi tractor trailer, driven by (Cuaresma), reportedly wrecked at the bottom of the hill at Caribou Pass," troopers wrote. "The tractor detached from both trailers and rolled. One trailer was completely destroyed and the other trailer was also damaged."

Photos of the scene showed hundreds of containers of beer, including bottles and kegs of Alaskan Brewing Co. products, strewn along the highway's shoulder in the wake of the jackknifed Lynden Transport semi.

The driver survived a truck accident that scattered beer containers at Mile 106 of the Glenn Highway Tuesday morning, Sept. 13, 2016, near Caribou Creek and the Matanuska Glacier. (Courtesy Matanuska-Susitna Borough)

Barkley said passers-by initially treated Cuaresma, who was later taken to a hospital according to the dispatch, and flagged traffic in the area to a stop at the crash site.

Troopers said traffic on the Glenn was temporarily reduced to a single lane, as Lynden Transport crews responded to conduct a cleanup.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They were using a backhoe to pick up the broken bottles...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Was that Eastbound with the curves down the hill to the hard right at the bridge?
How many rescuers were there that were willing to adopt those orphaned kegs?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a client when I was working for the Peterbilt dealer.

Young kid - went down to Iowa and bought this top of the line truck. Custom paint, interior, hardwood floors - whole bit.

Brought it to us to do a once over before he took it on the road for the first time. We do a 1 hour check and send him on his way. First load was a trailer full of small cans of baked beans.

Well he comes back on the hook 4 hours later. He screwed up, put the trailer in the ditch and basically pulled the whole rig over on its lid. Destroyed. 200k truck totaled with less than 1000 miles on it.

They were scooping up the beans with a skid steer. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There were cases stacked along the edge of the road waiting to be adopted by the workers, I assumed...

Strangely, it looked like it was Westbound on the west end of the bridge. It is a real tight corner at the bottom of a long, steep run. Memorable, as you probably had a little tightness in the chest the first time through it.

You should have seen it before they made it nice and safe...

I would have assumed product was hauled from Anchorage, but being a double, I have to believe it was headed into town.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal
Had a client when I was working for the Peterbilt dealer.

Young kid - went down to Iowa and bought this top of the line truck. Custom paint, interior, hardwood floors - whole bit.

Brought it to us to do a once over before he took it on the road for the first time. We do a 1 hour check and send him on his way. First load was a trailer full of small cans of baked beans.

Well he comes back on the hook 4 hours later. He screwed up, put the trailer in the ditch and basically pulled the whole rig over on its lid. Destroyed. 200k truck totaled with less than 1000 miles on it.

They were scooping up the beans with a skid steer. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

This wreck could have been a lot worse... the canyon walls are near-vertical both sides and there is at least a 40' drop to the water. It seems possible to thread the needle there and lose the back trailer of the double into the river, carrying the rest with it...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wish I hadn't clicked on the link and seen the picture of the destroyed beer.... My favorite kind too! So sad.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
just leave it be. i'll be there in the morning with a suitcase full of pretzels.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is it considered bait?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hate the idea of wasted beer

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I broke a bottle yesterday. Almost cried!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, that's depressing. Hopefully the locals got a free keg or five.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

715 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,108 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.