Print Thread
Hop To
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Took a 12 ga out for dove season and the top barrel wasn't hitting the primer hard enough to make it go off every time. Hopefully a easy fix. Whats everyone think? Where to get it fixed?

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Possibly a broken firing pin or burnished pin tip if it has been fired more than a little. May also be a broken firing pin spring that is causing a weak hit. Someone familiar with Winchester's may be your best starting bet.

Good chance Redneck here on the fire can either fix or send you to the right place.

Last edited by battue; 09/09/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Once you determine what is the problem (broken or worn pin or a weak hammer spring, check out Gunbroker.com there are quite a few Charles Daly parts available there or you could try Gun Parts Corp.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That gun may very well also share parts with the citori. Once you determine what part is needed it shouldn't be too much of issue finding it somewhere. I would check out Brownells.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
That gun may very well also share parts with the citori. Once you determine what part is needed it shouldn't be too much of issue finding it somewhere. I would check out Brownells.

Here is a link to a qualified gunsmith. We actually wrote some of the books on gunsmithing. If the early Citori and Miroku are the same or similar, he should know how to fix yours, as he was the west's Browning warranty repair for many years. He gets the work done and doesn't "store" your gun for several seasons like many other gunsmiths.

http://www.piscogunsmithing.com/

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have an old Charles Daly 20ga that I had 2 problems with. First it would fire 1 barrel and not reset for the next shot. The oil/solvent I used was running down to the trigger and reacting with the "gold" plating making a green sludge gumming it up. Solution was use less oil and store it muzzles down.

Next problem was the firing pins sticking locking up the gun. I took it to Briley in Houston. I cant remember exactly what they did but it has worked fine ever since.

Matt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

Here is a link to a qualified gunsmith. HE actually wrote some of the books on gunsmithing. If the early Citori and Miroku are the same or similar, he should know how to fix yours, as he was the west's Browning warranty repair for many years. He gets the work done and doesn't "store" your gun for several seasons like many other gunsmiths.

http://www.piscogunsmithing.com/

Made a correction for my typo. Bob Dunlap wrote the books and publishes videos. I had nothing to do with them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to give it a good cleaning and see what that does.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.