Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#11445591 09/18/16
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
My wife and alleged children gifted this to me yesterday along with 100 rounds of Winchester white box.

Ran to the range and shot six from the 3, 7, and 15.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I kinda dig this thing.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
380, not the 9mm correct?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Correct.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Damn it. Ya'll are costing me way too much money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure like my old one.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pocket friendly?

I've about shot all my 25ACP ammo, including my reloads, and I may end up retiring the heater...

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Very pocket friendly. I may throw a clip on it, or not. Not sure. Came with a pocket holster too.

If I bump into one of those Beretta's in a .25 I'm going to grab it. My buddy has one and that is one accurate sumbitch.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Congrats. Nice gift. I like mine too, even if it's no fun to shoot more than a few mag fulls. Bangs my hand up.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yeah a box of 50 will change a guy's perception on the .380... grin.

I guess these original LCP's are getting harder to keep on the shelf. They paid $199 out the door and supposedly that's the reason they are hard to find.

Dave

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Planning on running hard cast through it, Flave?

Buy once, cry once.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a little ruger LC=9 commemorative for the city of prescott. I bought it basically for the bucking bronc on it, prescott city seal, statgecoach etc, and prescott is home town. Was at an event sat night, cookout in the desert, and wore it. I have lost enough weight i could use a belt on a pair of shorts/t shirt, and id worked fine, nobody knew i had it. Using a right handed don Hume iwb holster, stuck on my left side so butt was facing forward. Holster not really appropriate for a left hand guy. It is dinky and easy to conceal. but pretty easy to pack. Also fits in one of those cargo knee pockets pretty easy too.
definitely a place for those things.
as to the 380, i have more than one semiauto that holds 12rounds of .380, and they are pretty easy to hide too.
as in the savage 1907 among others. And all the 380 is is the 9mmkurtz, or 9mm short.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
bought one of the little beretta popup barrel in .22lr a few years ago. We call it the "bra" gun, as it was bought for my wife at the time doing a lot of hiking in a tshirt and shorts in the phoenix desert. Which continues to have issues, the desert that is. Hard to conceal a weapon, but that little sucker fits in the center of a bra just fine. The idea was if needed to empty the darn thing into the face of an assailent, throw it at them, and run like hell. Probably ain't gonna catch you leaking all that blood.
I was at cabella's yesterday, they had a colt pocket 1908 in .25acp for sale. at about 700bucks. another little "stuff it in their nose" type of firearm. I have one a former state legislator in montana carried for years.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Planning on running hard cast through it, Flave?

I don't think I have a mold.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
bought one of the little beretta popup barrel in .22lr a few years ago. We call it the "bra" gun, as it was bought for my wife at the time doing a lot of hiking in a tshirt and shorts in the phoenix desert. Which continues to have issues, the desert that is. Hard to conceal a weapon, but that little sucker fits in the center of a bra just fine. The idea was if needed to empty the darn thing into the face of an assailent, throw it at them, and run like hell. Probably ain't gonna catch you leaking all that blood.
I was at cabella's yesterday, they had a colt pocket 1908 in .25acp for sale. at about 700bucks. another little "stuff it in their nose" type of firearm. I have one a former state legislator in montana carried for years.

I wouldn't want to catch a .25 caliber bullet with my neck. Grin.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can’t really appreciate the capabilities of the LCP until you compare it to small pistols like this .22 caliber Beretta and Baby Browning .25 … they both weigh as much or more than the LCP.

[Linked Image]

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They sold boatloads of them at the old 330.00 price and now they have dropped them to 199 and are selling them by the boatload again.... They really are decent little pocket guns, and the 380 is nothing to sneeze at.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought one of these a couple of months ago and my experience mirrors yours. I find that I have it in my pocket all the time. It shoots pretty nicely for what it is. Mine weighs 12.5 ounces in the pocket holster with 7 rounds on board.

Last edited by tominboise; 09/19/16.

Regards,

Tom
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I am starting to love this thing.

Some 7yd. Dot Torture. This was all two-handed shooting.

[Linked Image]

3yd. Two handed, strong, then weak.

[Linked Image]

This POS Blackhawk holster is great. I've been wearing it all week. Did a two mile run with it Thursday. Inside the chonies, behind center-line. No movement.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carried one in my pocket as a BUG for nearly 15 years. It was always reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Only thing I didn't like about it was the small sights.

I finally traded mine for a Glock 42 last year. But I wouldn't hesitate to carry the LCP if that was the only pocket gun I had. There is a new version of the LCP 380 out now with bigger sights, and a front night sight. I'll probably buy one of those when I find one for a good price.

Here's the one with better trigger and front night sight. It's called the Custom Model

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586769443

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/24/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I carried one in my pocket as a BUG for nearly 15 years. It was always reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Only thing I didn't like about it was the small sights.

I finally traded mine for a Glock 42 last year. But I wouldn't hesitate to carry the LCP if that was the only pocket gun I had. There is a new version of the LCP 380 out now with bigger sights, and a front night sight. I'll probably buy one of those when I find one for a good price.

Here's the one with better trigger and front night sight. It's called the Custom Model

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586769443

Did you mean like 8 years maybe? The LCP wasn't introduced till 2008.

In the spirit of preventing you from being disappointed before you buy one, the wider aluminum trigger may give the perception of being a "better" trigger pull but the trigger pull is the same for all models.

The front sight has luminescent paint on it not tritium, so you have to expose it to a strong light before it glows in the dark. It's not a "night sight" in truest sense.

Last edited by 41magfan; 09/24/16.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
129 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,810 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.