Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lazydrifter
Ask your walmart to scan the barcode on the box. Some of the stores didn't know about the pricing.

Not true. The clerk may not know, but the store does. All price changes are done on each gun in each store by store staff. If the tags aren't changed, the clerk may not have known.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Texczech
Just left with a 243 a few minutes ago. Manager didnt know about it until I asked him to scan it. Still had 2 30-06s when I left. They also had 2 marlin 45-70 priced 589 on the shelf that scanned 299.

So, if they are in stock, but not sale priced, when they scan it will the sale price show up, or what?
Each store has to do these price changes at the store level. The price changes are not automatically done in the computer. If no one retagged the guns in the rack, and no one told the clerk on duty, or the mgr. for that matter, they might not have known.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
My brother picked one up Sunday that I told him was still on the rack. I never checked to see what caliber it was so he called and it was a .270. Not the caliber of choice but at that price one can't complain.

Hopefully he doesn't catch the gay.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 09/13/16.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Just left with a 243 a few minutes ago. Manager didnt know about it until I asked him to scan it. Still had 2 30-06s when I left. They also had 2 marlin 45-70 priced 589 on the shelf that scanned 299.

So, if they are in stock, but not sale priced, when they scan it will the sale price show up, or what?
Each store has to do these price changes at the store level. The price changes are not automatically done in the computer. If no one retagged the guns in the rack, and no one told the clerk on duty, or the mgr. for that matter, they might not have known.

That may be the case sometimes, but the clerk at the store where I bought mine told me the markdowns were done in the corporate system. I was a manager at Academy Sports for awhile, and that's the way they did theirs too. It's up to the stores to make the shelf tag that reflects the discount. I can go into the Academy store near me and buy a Daiwa Saltist reel that is marked $329 for $198. They have been marked down in the system for a long time. It's up to the clerks at the stores to pour over the markdown printout and put the new shelf tag or price tag in place. I score some great deals armed with that knowledge.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Not the caliber of choice but at that price one can't complain.

Hopefully he doesn't catch the gay.

kinda like catching the clap from a $5 dollar hooker.....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gophergunner

That may be the case sometimes, but the clerk at the store where I bought mine told me the markdowns were done in the corporate system. I was a manager at Academy Sports for awhile, and that's the way they did theirs too. It's up to the stores to make the shelf tag that reflects the discount. I can go into the Academy store near me and buy a Daiwa Saltist reel that is marked $329 for $198. They have been marked down in the system for a long time. It's up to the clerks at the stores to pour over the markdown printout and put the new shelf tag or price tag in place. I score some great deals armed with that knowledge.
That's not accurate. The price changes are done at the store level. Believe me. I work there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The store I went to had no clue. The advertised price was $387. They tried to scan the barcode, didn't show any price. So I asked them to scan the actual box itself, and was $199.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Ken
I have and so has a good friend who's a machinist and gunsmith. Ask him about his SS RAR that he now has 1K into after changing the barrel, trigger and stock to finally get it to shoot right.

Yeah I'm impressed with the RARs

I got a chuckle out of that.

If your buddy really spent $1000 on that, he's a pretty lousy gunsmith, unless he's charging himself his own fees. Besides the fact that Ruger would have fixed all those things for free.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killindeer
Originally Posted by tedthorn
My local WM ran Remington ADL's at $299 with a cheap scope and mounts 2 years ago.

Ahhh yea. Nice sale. Picked up a .243 then

Got in on this also - was a Black Friday deal. They had ADL's for 20% off of the regular $379 and Remington had a $35 rebate also. Ended up being about $270.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Walmart has the ADL/scope package for $379 right now and Remington has a $50 rebate on it. Just picked one up a week ago.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,668 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.