-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So my kids bedrooms are on the other side of the house from mine. If I had to get up and search the house, I would be going towards the kids room always. Therefore I prefer to not have a light on my handgun because I don't want to cover everything I illuminate with my muzzle...because one of those things just might be one of my kids.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tritium front sight and laser-max laser on my series 80 Colt Gov't .380. C-T grips on my J frame .32 H&R Mag.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAKO75
So the people using lights, are you say you're going to go looking for the intruder?

I've wondered what I'd do... Part of me says stay put, call 911 and point the muzzle at the door and wait
Best thing to do if that's an option. Let the police do the searching, preferably with a dog. Doing an armed search should be your last ditch. In my case I have kids on the other side of the house, so my first instinct is to get to them to ensure they're safe.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The X300U is both a "shock" tool as well as an actual impact device securely mounted to the frame.

If someone gets the "flash" in the face, they have already failed to respond to voice commands. Lighting them up can give tactical advantage, taking their night vision away and momentarily blinding them.

General search or illumination is the light hitting the floor and spilling around the area. Muzzle down in the ready position. I have found NO negative to my vision and it has been tested thoroughly.

Nice to have when checking the barn and critters at night on the farm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G19 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense (prob going to change that tho - really want to give the HSTs a run but won't until I'm sure they run in the gun)

Topped with TFO's

ZevWorks in the trigger/fire control area.

Me

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I t
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So my kids bedrooms are on the other side of the house from mine. If I had to get up and search the house, I would be going towards the kids room always. Therefore I prefer to not have a light on my handgun because I don't want to cover everything I illuminate with my muzzle...because one of those things just might be one of my kids.

So learn how to use the halo thrown by the light as your "search light" this allows the weapon to be kept pointed down at the floor while still casting enough light to see

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I t

So learn how to use the halo thrown by the light as your "search light" this allows the weapon to be kept pointed down at the floor while still casting enough light to see

I have recently, via training w/ a wml, converted my methodology to what Gitem 12 describes and find it works well. Tactics and techniques evolve constantly and sometimes you don't know what you don't know unless you tune in and try something new.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Will that illuminate where you are though to a potential intruder lying in wait

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I get woken I usually get up and check the house without a gun or flashlight.

Or pants.

I do keep restraints handy. Mostly disposable types.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So the people using lights, are you say you're going to go looking for the intruder?

I've wondered what I'd do... Part of me says stay put, call 911 and point the muzzle at the door and wait

That is what SHOULD happen!!! I just don't know many guys who can do it. As Ron White said, "I had the RIGHT, to be silent, just not the ABILITY."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Trijicons and 3 extra mags for all.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I t

Thanks, but I'm happy with what I have.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You know the layout of your house btter than I do

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

You know the layout of your house btter than I do

Correct, much to an intruders demise, we have small little lights throughout the house, those little lights start going out, I'll turn on a hotter one!

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not go searching for an intruder. My house is totally dark at night and my bedroom door looks directly at the stairs. My kids room is down the hallway immediately to the right of my door.

Also i have a keypad deadbolt on my home that unarms the alarm, anyone with a right to be in my home has their own code and can shut off the alarm prior to entering. All of my lights are ran to a WiFi app so I can activate or kill lights at my digression from my phone if I have time. I plan to light up my downstairs like an damn stadium and leave the upstairs pitch black

My plan is to call 911, make sure they are not between me and my son and wait for the police to arrive.

If the dogs, the alarm and my yelling that "I am armed, the police are on the way and I will defend my family" doesn't deter them from coming up my stairs I hope 300 lumens at sub 20' will do so.

If not I will act appropriately.

Last edited by MallardAddict; 09/22/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just because you've got a light on your gun doesn't mean you have to point it at everybody in the house.

I use a handheld for searching and a WML for after I've found what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock 34 , bone stock.

I have a SureFire light next to but not attached to the pistol.

I wouldn't have a light on a handgun.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 6mm250

I wouldn't have a light on a handgun.

Mike
Illuminate us on your reasoning.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Just because you've got a light on your gun doesn't mean you have to point it at everybody in the house.

I use a handheld for searching and a WML for after I've found what I'm looking for.

Precisely.

Left hand = "here kitty, kitty..."

Right hand = "Freeze muthagfugkah!"

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Just because you have a rail on your handgun doesn't mean you have to put a light on it.

Truthfully, I'm thinking about what's in my gun safe right now and I don't think I have anything with a rail on it at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.