Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hit us this morning. Pretty good blow. Ocean looked fun.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Weather service says the gusts only hit 90...

I thought I saw on the TV weather Hillside? hit triple digits.

I used to be able to get wind speeds from NOAA via their mesonet webpage, but apparently that webpage is kaput. I'm thinking triple digits would have woken me up. It blew pretty good, but I don't think it was honkin that hard. Then again I didn't replace the kids trampoline that blew away in the last hard blow, so my anemometer wasn't working wink

I've had a few landings at Ted Stevens when the 737 was doing the funky chicken while approaching the tarmac.

Why those absolute MORONS at NOAA changed their website is beyond me!!! It was such a good site and so easy to get around. When the POS programmer dies and goes to HELL, a given, he will have to navigate a steady stream of websites every waking hour and while none will be as bad as the schit he wrote it will continue to get worse in perpetuity...

And it will change every hour!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
100+ may have been only a gust. wink

With the site so totally screwed up I cannot even find what I thought I found before!

Just one bull left to cut!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Weather service says the gusts only hit 90...

I thought I saw on the TV weather Hillside? hit triple digits.

I used to be able to get wind speeds from NOAA via their mesonet webpage, but apparently that webpage is kaput. I'm thinking triple digits would have woken me up. It blew pretty good, but I don't think it was honkin that hard. Then again I didn't replace the kids trampoline that blew away in the last hard blow, so my anemometer wasn't working wink

I've had a few landings at Ted Stevens when the 737 was doing the funky chicken while approaching the tarmac.

Why those absolute MORONS at NOAA changed their website is beyond me!!! It was such a good site and so easy to get around. When the POS programmer dies and goes to HELL, a given, he will have to navigate a steady stream of websites every waking hour and while none will be as bad as the schit he wrote it will continue to get worse in perpetuity...

And it will change every hour!

It's a government agency, if they have a website the is useful and easy to navigate they simply have to get rid of it to keep everyone's expectations low for all their nearly impossible to navigate websites. That said the marine weather websites are still pretty good, well until they "improve" them.

That mesonet website was awesome to see how temps and wind speed very throughout town and to track Chinooks when you see the temps rising in the upper elevations of the Chugach.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I can hear the decision maker now "I just heard people love the website, change it!"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why those absolute MORONS at NOAA changed their website is beyond me!!! It was such a good site and so easy to get around.

So it wasn't just me being 'set in my ways' after all. laugh

I kind of think these .gov websites are rated based on how much traffic they get. If people use them, change stuff until they don't.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.