Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, NAACP leader actually said this about Charlotte shooting: ‘It really doesn’t matter if he had a gun’

A North Carolina NAACP leader told CNN’s Carol Costello Thursday that it was irrelevant that black Charlotte resident Keith Scott was brandishing a firearm when he was shot and killed by a police officer.

Although Scott’s relatives claimed that he was holding a book when he was shot, police claim that body camera footage shows he actually held a firearm in a threatening manner.

“I think the most important part is the contrast in him having a book versus a gun. But in my mind and in most of the community’s mind, it really doesn’t matter if he had a gun,” Commie Mack, president of the Charlotte chapter of the NAACP told Costello.

“At the end of the day we have the right under the Second Amendment to carry here in North Carolina,” she continued. “And [the police’s] responsibility was to engage him in a more de-escalated way, to find out if he had a permit for his gun and allow him to go on his merry way and he would still be living today. That’s not what happened.”

She concluded that video indicating Scott was armed didn’t really matter.

“So I don’t want anyone to walk away from this conversation today thinking that a video showing he had a gun in any way says that he was guilty of anything,” she said.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09...y-doesnt-matter-gun-393331#ixzz4L660sf3h

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think he should try it, one more problem solved.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not in favor of setting the precedent that simply having a firearm on your person is reason enough to shoot someone. The official narrative is he had a gun so we shot him. That doesn't sit well with me.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not in favor of setting the precedent that simply having a firearm on your person is reason enough to shoot someone. The official narrative is he had a gun so we shot him. That doesn't sit well with me.

Yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bea175
Yes, NAACP leader actually said this about Charlotte shooting: ‘It really doesn’t matter if he had a gun’

A North Carolina NAACP leader told CNN’s Carol Costello Thursday that it was irrelevant that black Charlotte resident Keith Scott was brandishing a firearm when he was shot and killed by a police officer.

Although Scott’s relatives claimed that he was holding a book when he was shot, police claim that body camera footage shows he actually held a firearm in a threatening manner.

“I think the most important part is the contrast in him having a book versus a gun. But in my mind and in most of the community’s mind, it really doesn’t matter if he had a gun,” Commie Mack, president of the Charlotte chapter of the NAACP told Costello.

“At the end of the day we have the right under the Second Amendment to carry here in North Carolina,” she continued. “And [the police’s] responsibility was to engage him in a more de-escalated way, to find out if he had a permit for his gun and allow him to go on his merry way and he would still be living today. That’s not what happened.”

She concluded that video indicating Scott was armed didn’t really matter.

“So I don’t want anyone to walk away from this conversation today thinking that a video showing he had a gun in any way says that he was guilty of anything,” she said.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09...y-doesnt-matter-gun-393331#ixzz4L660sf3h

Question for you resident Yanks, since when is 'carrying' the same as 'brandishing'?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He said "Brandishing", quite a bit of difference between Brandishing and having.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to see his conceal carry permit

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

It seems to be a new reality these days.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It does matter that as a convicted felon he had a gun. It does matter that he had an extensive rap sheet with multiple violent convictions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Yes I agree but in NC where open carry is legal I guess it is against open carry law to walk around in public with the gun in your hand. That is considered brandishing.
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/21/keith-scott-rioters-brandishing-weapon-lawful-open-carry/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Question for you resident Yanks, since when is 'carrying' the same as 'brandishing'?

Lawful open carry
[Linked Image]

Brandishing
[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

No, he was ordered to drop the gun. He got bac in his vehicle and a second time got out with gun refusing to drop it after additional commands to do so.....

That's what got him shot

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The narrative was "book" until the video came out.

Now the narrative is "had a gun on him in a gun legal state"

Still not the exact truth..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Tell the truth.

The official narrative is that he had a gun, was told several times to drop the gun, and refused. He was an armed threat so we shot him.

Your statement sounds like what a kool-aid drinking BLM person would say.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

When I was in NM a the funeral, I was rear ended. Good looking lady cop stops and asks for DL, Ins, and registration. I went back to my truck to get them, handed them to her and pulled my wallet out and took out my CC card and handed it to her. She said, "what's this?" I said "it's for your warm fuzzy." She said, "where is it?" I patted my hip. She said thanks for letting me know and handed my card back. She said, "how does it work in Idaho?" I explained that with my enhanced card I was good for 37 states. She was impressed. Nice lady.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's video of the incident looping on CNN now. Vid taken by wife. Cops keep yelling, 'Drop the gun'. She keeps telling them, 'he doesn't have a gun'.

So either she's wrong or the cops were wrong and planted the gun post shooting to cover stuff up.

K.I.S.S. He probably had a gun and it was in his hand.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
It does matter that as a convicted felon he had a gun. It does matter that he had an extensive rap sheet with multiple violent convictions.

Well, there's that, but lets not worry over such a lil' inconsequential law. smirk

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Tell the truth.

The official narrative is that he had a gun, was told several times to drop the gun, and refused. He was an armed threat so we shot him.

Your statement sounds like what a kool-aid drinking BLM person would say.

P

Lolol. Okay but maybe I was talking about Jack Yantis or any of the many questionable shootings that are becoming a daily or weekly occurrence. It's always the same shtick....he had a gun so we shot him.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Steve
There's video of the incident looping on CNN now. Vid taken by wife. Cops keep yelling, 'Drop the gun'. She keeps telling them, 'he doesn't have a gun'.

So either she's wrong or the cops were wrong and planted the gun post shooting to cover stuff up.

K.I.S.S. He probably had a gun and it was in his hand.

Then the dead bastard should have complied with the commands and his ass would still be sucking air! Good shoot as far as I care..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
The narrative was "book" until the video came out.

Now the narrative is "had a gun on him in a gun legal state"

Still not the exact truth..

Kinda like the Clintons getting caught in their own hubris: the story evolves as the truth comes out.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

230 members (01Foreman400, 257 mag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 28 invisible), 1,276 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,540
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.