Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Good day all,

Current mattress has seen better days (and nights), so I'm starting to shop. I like the concept of Casper, as I really don't relish the idea of having to go to a "showroom".

Anyone have any good ideas? Anyone try a Casper?

Thanks

http://www.inc.com/magazine/201603/liz-welch/casper-changing-mattress-industry.html

https://casper.com/

- Rogue
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got one on Sockpuppet's recommendation.

I'm glad to say that he was right.

Have slept better since I got it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We have a fairly expensive memory foam mattress and I absolutely hate it. I think my wife hates it as well, she just won't admit as she was the one pushing for a new one and chose. Neither of us sleep worth a damn on it. For some odd reason I have been getting cramps in my calves about X10 since getting it. It's not a Therapeudic[sp] but was not cheap by any means. I want my springs back!! cry

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Thank RIBB - I like a mattress that stays somewhat cool.

Raeford - what don't you like about a memory foam? You think the mattress is causing cramps?

- Rogue
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Might want to have a look at these also. https://www.tuftandneedle.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a Temperpedic for about 10 years now. Can't imagine anything better.

I did visit both websites listed here. I see they are also using memory foam but with the addition of the multiple layers to prevent sinking as far into it.

Most mornings I awake in the same position I fell asleep. This Temperpedic locks you in and you're set for the night once it's warmed up to you and you sink in.

I'll guess the Queen size temperpedic mattress is close to 200 lbs though. I'm just guessing because I have not moved it in 10 years or more. It was very heavy to get into the house. I see the Casper and the T&N are under 100lbs. Probably because the whole thickness is not memory foam only one of the layers. That might be an advantage to lower the cost, be able to ship them, and reduce some of the sinking so deeply into it.

I'm interested in that Queen size Tuft and Needle for the camp trailer. Sounds like a great up grade!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I sleep great, but I never wake up in the same position that I fell asleep because I have gotten up several times to pizz and get something to drink.

There may be a cycle. Hmm.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We have the Sealy Gel Memory Foam and I like it. It's not hot like some say memory foam can be. My wife is at the age where she is very sensitive to heat and has no problem with it either. It is a king size and very heavy, so it is difficult to tuck the sheets underneath. I sure miss it when I'm working away from home, sleeping in the camper. I'd put one in the camper but they are way too heavy even if you could get it in to begin with.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I absolutely love my Casper mattress. Had a Tempurpedic before buying the Casper and didn't find it nearly as comfy. Everyone is different though, which makes the 100 night guarantee pretty handy.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'd like to hear input too.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (257 mag, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 35, 14 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.