Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My wife and I own a mailing business so I deal with the local post offices (plural) all the time. I get along with them quite well. When I have a problem I go easy on the local guys. If I can't get it done I go to the regional guys. If they give me a run around I tend to unload on them pretty hard, then I go to the national offices. I've only had to do that twice and the results were very satisfying.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
GB1

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
problem resolved itself.

woman with same house number 3 streets down just dropped off my package

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good! Just a simple mistake. It's a shame we have to jump to the unpleasant conclusion when ever something like this happens with any of the delivery companies.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
That's what the tracking number should have shown. Like I mentioned when packages are scanned a gps position instantly sent. It would have showed it was delivered to wrong house. Glad it showed up

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
problem resolved itself.

Did she set on it?

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
problem resolved itself.

Good news!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Good! Just a simple mistake. It's a shame we have to jump to the unpleasant conclusion when ever something like this happens with any of the delivery companies.

Yep. Dumb stuff happens. I'd follow up with your regular guy just so they know what happened.

Last edited by Steve; 09/23/16.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
problem resolved itself.

Did she set on it?

You know she did,..now it's USED!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
problem resolved itself.

I trust you punched her in the face.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
she didn't strike me as the kind of woman that would enjoy sitting on a canoe seat

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sniff-n-see......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is not uncommon for 17 South Race Street mail to end up at 17 North Race Street. cool Just sayin.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good on you for your handling of this. As an earlier poster mentioned, if you start nice you can always turn on a--hole if needed. I hate it when people immediately assume the worst and act stupid. Deflave also had an uncharacteristically civilized plan.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Live in an area with a small PO, maybe 15 employees total.
Got a new postmaster (old white female fat too) who never kept anyone at the windows (two of them). We as customers had to stand and wait until someone came out from the back room. I got tired of the wait after 2 years and got a old white female out front and had an little talk session with that person. Asked why they didn't have a bell out front for us to ring. She said they had cameras, I said well they don't work takes 2 to 5 mins. to get someone out here to sell stamps etc.
She said she had to keep the people busy.

So I left, looked up the USPS web site. Had a comment section. I filed a short letter. Two weeks later I get an e mail from the local PM explaining why they are never in the front.
Two years later (now) we have 17 to 18 employees at this sight and never have to wait.
I think she hates me because she shakes when I go to the window. If she is busy, she rings a bell to get someone else up there quick.
So if worse gets to bad, send a comment to DC, seems to work.

Small? Rural? We got one employee at our PO... 2 if you count the rural mail carrier... 3 if you count the fellow that brings the mail to the PO. That's all folks!

Glad the pkg showed up. Kudos to the woman.

Last edited by Oldman03; 09/23/16.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked for the Post Office for almost 31 years, as a Rural Mail Carrier. My wife also worked for USPS, retiring as a Postmaster. Most of the Post Office's problems can be traced back to one thing.....their hiring practices. When we were hired, her in the mid 70's, and myself in 1984, things were much different. Neither of us were on a hiring register, nor did we have to take any tests. We were hired by local people, who knew us personally, and knew we would be a responsible person. Now days, and for the past 25 years or so, USPS hires many people who simply are not qualified to do the job they're required to do. Women, minorities, and veterans are always at the front of the list. They hired a Black female veteran as my substitute once, and she wasn't worth a tinker's damn......yet, despite the fact they had every reason to fire her, they would not, being afraid she would yell racism.

The smaller city and rural post offices, are usually less of a problem than the larger ones. Most of my career was spent in a small 2 route office, in the area in which I lived. As a matter of fact, I delivered my own mail. I knew just about everybody, and that in itself is a reason not to screw up, because you're going to hear about it, and you have to live around the people if you screw up. The last few years I was working, they cut my office's hours back, and transferred the carriers to a large office. That's when I saw how bad things were at USPS. They had people working there who should never have been allowed to set foot in the place. They had a Black clerk who was caught stealing, not just from the office, but she was also treasurer of the local clerk's union, and stole from that fund. They fired her, but her friends all took up for her, and thought she should have been allowed to pay the money back and keep working. I saw a veteran hired, a Hispanic guy, who couldn't speak but only a few words of English. Fortunately, he realized he couldn't do the job and quit. As a rural carrier, we have to furnish our own vehicle, unless we are on a route that USPS gives a postal jeep to drive. I saw people hired that didn't have a vehicle, yet were allowed to stay on the job, even though it meant that the regular carrier had to work their days off. I also saw a Black substitute carrier, who had lost numerous packages, had mail blow out of her car, refused to work when asked, and had accidents......all offenses in which she could, and probably should have been fired. Yet, she was promoted and given a full time route. Crap like that is what's wrong with the post office.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My most recent negative experiences with USPS:

A couple months ago tracking on an expensive tool I had bought showed it had been delivered to the local sorting facility the week prior. Opening a case suddenly made it appear in my box the next day.

Last month another purchase disappeared at our USPS sorting facility. Opening another case resulted in a call-back from a black woman who, after me repeatedly telling her I was having difficulty hearing her (but refused to speak up or adjust her speaker phone) hung up on me. What I managed to understand is that she claimed the package had been returned to the seller, saying I had moved and left no forwarding address--a complete fabrication.

Though the seller provided a full refund I have lost much confidence in USPS.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
USPS shows wife's blood pressure pills sent Priority Mail from Anchorage on the 20th. Now the 24th and it ain't here...... It's a one hour 20 minute direct flight.....

There were 2 people in the line ahead of me also with overdue priority mail.

Dollars to poop it's all in anchorage yet. Probably in the PO , but Ak Air has been known to misplace mail. Not often but it happens.

I'm filing a complaint Monday if it isn't here.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hahaha. I just had a package show up at the dog trainers 3 weeks after I sent it. He lives 4 hours away. I had already sent a replacement MO when it arrived without a Postal mark or "cancellation stamp". I live in a rural area and the post office here is awesome, but other places not so much.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
[quote=Captain]It is not uncommon for 17 South Race Street mail to end up at 17 North Race Street. cool Just sayin. [/quo

Ha! A friend in Hope Alaska sent me a birthday card, complete with proper zip code, when I was living in Point Hope Alaska. 99766. I still remember it 40 years later!

I got it a little late after it toured through Hope Arkansas. smile

The two Ak "Hope"s get each others mail quite frequently. Heck, they are only 700 miles apart straight line.....

Sent a $1200 monthly payment in mid November to a real estate agent in Fairbanks that same year (mid 70's) from PtHope. When I dropped by his office just before Xmas to make the next payment due I was informed I was a month in arrears so I cut him a double. 2 weeks later he got the November check in the mail. Seems the Pt Hope mail sack got some stuff piled over it in the Kotzebue hanger that didn't get moved for 6 weeks. Probably some sort of Federal violation there.....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a friend who was an engineering manager for Royal Mail here in the UK and he was saying they had won a UPS contract to sort American mail at their huge automated sorting office near Heathrow Airport.

Apparently it was cost and time effective to fly mail over from the States on night flights and run it through the sort process and then fly the sorted mail back to the States on the next flight...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.