Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Glock's work-- always

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not surprisingly, Chinese AK's just go forever.
Very delighted to hear how well the SCAR is doing...it's one of my favorites.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think those guys need to swap shirts

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Not surprisingly, Chinese AK's just go forever.
I kick myself regularly every time I'm reminded of the fact that I bought a Polytech Legend AK-47 package brand new in the box for $600.00 back in the early 1990s from my next door neighbor. Still had the greased cardboard straw down the bore. Never fired. And then I sold it a few years later for not much more than I paid for it. Those things go for several thousand now a days.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
know the feeling! i used to by a case lot of sks's for 17.50 a unit. sold them from 49.95 to 89.95.
shoulda woulda coulda.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

I am a big time Glock proponent, and consider them "Best of Breed", but nothing "always works".

It is a mechanical device, therefore it is subject to failure.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
all schit breaks, 1911's and Glocks do. Burn't a Chicom AK down but it took a while

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deerstalker
know the feeling! i used to by a case lot of sks's for 17.50 a unit. sold them from 49.95 to 89.95.
shoulda woulda coulda.
I bought four Russian SKS rifles, factory new, for $100.00 each back in the 1990s. Sold one to my brother at cost. Kept one to this day. Sold two for twice what I paid. Made $100.00 on the deal in the long run, and still have one. My brother still has his, too. He takes his sons shooting with it from time to time. I guess they're going for a good bit more now.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

I am a big time Glock proponent, and consider them "Best of Breed", but nothing "always works".

Yep. I've had stoppages with my 42, but in Glock's defense, they altered the magazine design. When I exchanged the mags for the new ones it worked perfectly. My 30S had stoppages from day one, too, but Glock has yet to rectify it. They claim my thumb is knocking the slide release into lock position, thus explaining the slide locking back with rounds still in the mag, but I know that's not the case. Not sure if I should keep sending it back to Glock or sell it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

Anyone who shoots a lot you will eventually see a malfunction with almost any firearm . I've shot many thousands of rounds through Glocks and have experienced malfunctions only rarely. Most were probably ammo related. Nothing works 100% but I think Glocks set the standard for reliability in pistols.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

I've seen a good number of Glocks fail; they're mortal

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Th two most reliable handguns I've ever seen are a MK III Hi Power and a Beretta 92/M9. But a Glock will typically out last either of them.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

Exactly...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Seems that the AR platform fared quite well in their experience also.

Hammer springs wear out after a few thousand rounds.

Lugs can occasionally break off a bolt after a few thousand rounds due to heating-cooling cycles.

Both can be replaced and run the weapon again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glock's work-- always

Nothing mechanical always works. The Glock is reliable. I would say the only gun more reliable is Makarov designed in the Soviet Union.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Glock's work-- always

No they don't.

If they start out working they normally continue to work. However, my new 30s didn't work from day one - failure to feed. It did this at least two to three times each magazine with hard ball ammo. Tried different magazines, same story.

Glock after replacing the recoil spring three times said to return it. They said that they would only accept the gun if it was sent Fed Ex overnight shipping and stated that they wouldn't pay for the shipping ($90). It turned out that the extractor was defective and was replaced. It now functions as it should have, but I am still mad about having to eat the shipping charges!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If i worked a job where i put my life on the line every day then my carry gun would be a Glock, i trust them over every other handgun on the market to work when needed

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CraigD
If they start out working they normally continue to work. However, my new 30s didn't work from day one - failure to feed. It did this at least two to three times each magazine with hard ball ammo. Tried different magazines, same story.

Glock after replacing the recoil spring three times said to return it. They said that they would only accept the gun if it was sent Fed Ex overnight shipping and stated that they wouldn't pay for the shipping ($90). It turned out that the extractor was defective and was replaced. It now functions as it should have, but I am still mad about having to eat the shipping charges!
I'm ready to send my Glock 30S back to Glock for the second time for locking open when there's still ammo in the mag. They didn't fix it the first time, claiming that I must be pushing up on the slide stop under recoil, which I am not. I won't pay the shipping, though, because the store I bought it from has a policy of paying for this during the first year after purchase, regardless of how many times it needs to go back for warranty service.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thirty thousand rounds per month is just insane.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.