OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think it comes down to where you plan to go, the weather temperature, what you have in stock, etc.

For awhile I had my NAA mini-revolver that I mostly carried, I often forgot it was in my pocket, very comfortable to carry. The Ruger LCP for riskier places, but it is slightly larger and heavier. I sold the NAA gun as I did not feel it was adequate for going up against someone who had a Glock, etc.

I have larger handguns that would be almost impossible to carry in my pocket, but I could see bringing them along in a hip holster to a place I knew to be a risk being there.

I used to carry a Smith and Wesson large frame .357 magnum on hikes in the Oregon Cascades in case of bear risks.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The guy through out some great things to take into consideration. Particularly for folks who haven't got any training yet but still want to carry.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carry what I WILL carry, not leave in the safe! That means mostly my 431PD with C-T laser grip or Series 80 Govn't .380 with Colt marked Laser-Max unit.

I can hit well with either even under stress and loaded with Cor-Bon ammo feel quit happy with my choice.

Yes I would carry the Commander .45 but with my orthopedic problems it is quite wearing.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well rounded video as presented by Lucky Gunner. His last sentence is a good summary.

For me, what I'd prefer to carry going into a fight, is likely different than what I'd prefer to carry all day long during times of lowest risk. During those times of low risk, where I prefer smaller and lighter, I gravitate toward the smallest handgun that I can run like a full sized gun, in the context of speed and accuracy of shots on target. Likely though, it will hold fewer rounds due to its size. But, for the capacity it has, I stay away from a package that is too small for me, so that my speed and accuracy suffers. What I can run well in a small handgun is likely different than what others can run, based upon our differing levels of training and experience.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mostly common sense but some very good points.

I can say I'm not carrying G19 size guns any more unless somebody is paying me by the hour.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

I can say I'm not carrying G19 size guns any more unless somebody is paying me by the hour.
Me neither. It's G17 or bust. grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm just glad you came around to carrying a decent pistol.... grin.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm just glad you came around to carrying a decent pistol.... grin.

Travis
You didn't like my S&W Model 13? My Colt Detective Special? My Colt Government Model?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s a good video, but I think you can make things even simpler.

Unless you spend a lot of time in a high risk environment (cab driver, food delivery, motel or convenience store clerk, jewelry store owner, etc) what I’m about to say will likely apply to you.

99.9% of the people who are denoted as “Victims” on a Police Report are victims because they’re unarmed, not because they have the wrong gun, wrong ammo, wrong holster or they lack shooting skills.

So the question that must be answered first is; what gun will allow you to carry ALL the time? The answer isn’t usually the gun you shoot the best, has the best sights or holds the most rounds. The gun most people can actually carry all the time is almost always a compromise of sorts.

As long as the gun you choose is reliable, and you are READY (awareness) ….. WILLING (mindset) and ABLE (skill) to use it, you will very likely come out on top.

Most of the folks that claim they carry a gun usually do so only a few hours a day after work or on the weekends. They think they’re better prepared because they carry better guns a few hours a week, but they’re only fooling themselves.

If you think you can guess correctly WHEN you might need a gun - any gun - why wouldn’t you just avoid the danger altogether?

Last edited by 41magfan; 09/25/16.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Carrying Kahr P9 today

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
As you might already know, I've had one of those since the year they were introduced. I've got nothing but good to say about it. It had a stint of several years as my EDC. Never a jam, although I have had two small parts breakages that were fixed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Kahr P9 is my favorite light weight carry pistol . Hornady Critical Defense ammo is my carry load

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As of late, I just starting carrying my new Kimber Micro-9 1911 in 9mm.
It's just barely bigger than their 1911 style .380, and slightly smaller than a Sig 938.

It's the smallest caliber handgun I've ever carried as my primary handgun for Concealed Carry. I'm caring it IWB in a Galco holster. But I also have my Glock 42 in 380 as my BUG.

But, if I have to travel to Houston, DFW, San Antonio, or Austin, I revert back to my main carry gun for many years, which is my GLOCK 32 in .357 Sig caliber with two extra 15 round mags. About the only time I carry my lightweight 1911 Commander in .45 acp anymore is at the Ranch.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Make a video! good points.

Originally Posted by 41magfan
That’s a good video, but I think you can make things even simpler.

Unless you spend a lot of time in a high risk environment (cab driver, food delivery, motel or convenience store clerk, jewelry store owner, etc) what I’m about to say will likely apply to you.

99.9% of the people who are denoted as “Victims” on a Police Report are victims because they’re unarmed, not because they have the wrong gun, wrong ammo, wrong holster or they lack shooting skills.

So the question that must be answered first is; what gun will allow you to carry ALL the time? The answer isn’t usually the gun you shoot the best, has the best sights or holds the most rounds. The gun most people can actually carry all the time is almost always a compromise of sorts.

As long as the gun you choose is reliable, and you are READY (awareness) ….. WILLING (mindset) and ABLE (skill) to use it, you will very likely come out on top.

Most of the folks that claim they carry a gun usually do so only a few hours a day after work or on the weekends. They think they’re better prepared because they carry better guns a few hours a week, but they’re only fooling themselves.

If you think you can guess correctly WHEN you might need a gun - any gun - why wouldn’t you just avoid the danger altogether?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
And.....WTF happened that put TRH and Travis/Dave/Deflave/Dickhead on the same side??!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How exactly do you decide when you're going to be in a dangerous situation?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
he kind of left out the threat level and from what that you are most likely to encounter. I would feel differently being in a riot environment in one of the big cities, to that being in the arizona desert.
I was up in the mountains yesterday and stopped to talk to a basque sheepherder. He stated he knew of the bear, mt lion, yotes, and other stuff in the area. He had four great pyrenees dogs with him, that handled most of his problems.
I like revolvers, particularly large bore revolvers for running around in those mountains. I feel differently in the city environment. And it was in the 50's in those mountains mid morning, probably in the high 30's early morning.
when we drove back to phx dropping out of the mountains, turned the a/c on. Lots of difference in clothing. Heavy clothes up there, then an hour or two later tshirt and shorts weather.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How exactly do you decide when you're going to be in a dangerous situation?

Magic 8 Ball.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender
And.....WTF happened that put TRH and Travis/Dave/Deflave/Dickhead on the same side??!!

Glocks are thicker than water.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 3,244 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,316
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.