Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11458524 09/24/16
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Been watching it awaiting the A&M game. Good stuff right to the end, literally.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Missed most of it so I'm not sure how good it was but it was certainly crazy.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
With one second left....no matter who...Auburn or LSU...once the play starts it should be allowed to count or run to final!

What's there now....is a schitty rule!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It does - the key is that the ball must be snapped before time runs out.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Well...if that was the case Auburn deserved to win the game! LSU sucked all night and Auburn outplayed their azzes to a fair you well!

But I'm thinking the time doesn't start until the ball is snapped!

???????

Last edited by Sharpsman; 09/24/16.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I love watching LSU lose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was a good game. I changed channels when the Aggies kicked off and did not get to see the end of the game. Glad to here Auburn pulled it off.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What an ending!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That it was. Now on the TAMU game, another good one it seems.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. Close game! Aggies are moving the ball and are down to a 1st and goal and then fumbled the damn ball at the goal line! They better pull their heads out!
It's still tied at 17 all!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pendulum has swung against Lester and all of his lucky wins early in his career with LSU.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles should have been fired 3-5 years ago. The writing was on the wall, but the powers to be, had their blinders on.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well...if that was the case Auburn deserved to win the game!

MY take. If time had run out, the play should have been blown dead, as they do with a delay of game. If not, LSU won the game. Unless they had a different view than what was shown on TV, they could not see exactly when the ball was snapped on the tapes, so should not have changed the call or lack of call.
As to the A&M game, the Hogs should have won that one. They blew in in several different ways. Stupid play calling on that goal line, multiple run play deal. Also by not having a back in the middle of the field. Who does that against a running quarterback. Stupid schit. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
Unless they had a different view than what was shown on TV, they could not see exactly when the ball was snapped on the tapes, so should not have changed the call or lack of call.

Miles, you need to look for yourself and not listen the the announcers. I realize they said you could not see when the ball was snapped but they were dead wrong. The ball was clearly visible, unsnapped, with clock on zero, and it wasn't even close, more than a second late.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WAR EAGLE !!!

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It really warms the cockles of my heart to see the SEC kids struggling like this. It's a good time to be a Buckeye fan.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Well...if that was the case Auburn deserved to win the game! LSU sucked all night and Auburn outplayed their azzes to a fair you well!

But I'm thinking the time doesn't start until the ball is snapped!

???????

It starts on the referee's ready signal following a first down; it would be virtually impossible to get a snap off within one second of that, as was clearly the case in this situation.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, you need to look for yourself and not listen the the announcers.

Every view that I saw last night, the ball was hidden by players. This view never aired, that I saw. Why then was the play not blown dead, when the clock hit zero? miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It starts on the referee's ready signal following a first down; it would be virtually impossible to get a snap off within one second of that, as was clearly the case in this situation.

If I recall correctly, there was also a penalty involved and the show was stopped for quite a bit. If it is deemed impossible, why not just end the game. If the center acts at the same time as the official, it should count, but what signal? Blowing of whistle, arm signal, lots of questions? I really wish they could both have lost, but that never happens. frown miles

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
Miles, you need to look for yourself and not listen the the announcers.

Every view that I saw last night, the ball was hidden by players. This view never aired, that I saw. Why then was the play not blown dead, when the clock hit zero? miles

That is a direct screen shot from the live broadcast, and the one they showed in the replays. LOL

Here's the entire picture for you. The ball could clearly be seen moving upon the snap. Goes to show you the infuence of what you hear with your ears, especially when it is what you want to hear.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gophergunner
It really warms the cockles of my heart to see the SEC kids struggling like this. It's a good time to be a Buckeye fan.

... with a championship level SEC coach at the helm.

grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by mathman

grin

Got to agree, it looks like the SEC is in the tank this year. In the heart of SEC country, I've got to tell you, I'm enjoying it too. These folks take what teenagers do on field wayyyyyy too serious.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ctsmith

grin

Got to agree, it looks like the SEC is in the tank this year. In the heart of SEC country, I've got to tell you, I'm enjoying it too. These folks take what teenagers do on field wayyyyyy too serious.

This year will likely end like most have for the last 15 or so. An SEC team (likely Alabama) will be hoisting the NC trophy.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
BAMA and Ole Miss will beat the living coon dog schitt out of LSU!! Whomever is calling the plays for LSU is snortin some bad stuff....and Les Miles is running off copies of his resume this morning!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
BAMA and Ole Miss will beat the living coon dog schitt out of LSU!! Whomever is calling the plays for LSU is snortin some bad stuff....and Les Miles is running off copies of his resume this morning!!

Add Arkansas and A&M to the beat the schit out of LSU! And, I hope you are right about Les getting R-U-N-N-O-F-T!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
While Fewer Kilometers has long been known for his lack of understanding of the concept of how time passes, I really don't think that he can be blamed for the clock running out in this instance; sometimes it just works out that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a direct screen shot from the live broadcast,

This one I saw, but in real time and with the size of the screen, you could not distinguish the ball, the players hand and the head of the other player. The line official was looking right down the line, why did he not blow the play dead? While I was watching, they never had a still picture like this. If the ball was moving at all, when time ran out, the play should stand is all that I am saying. miles

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Les will retire after they shove him out this year. He has a pocket full of money. He might do a little sports commentary. He is funny. Then he can watch on Saturday with the rest of us. I don't see him coaching anywhere else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Originally Posted by ctsmith

grin

This year will likely end like most have for the last 15 or so. An SEC team (likely Alabama) will be hoisting the NC trophy.
Yeah, for all my BS talk, the boys from 'Bama look awful tough.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heard on the FOX NFL halftime show that Les Miles has been fired! Can anyone confirm this ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes he was along with Cam Camron ( defensive coordinator)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same type of play happened in a Kentucky-Florida game a few years back. Florida scored AFTER time had expired, and the refs let the score stand, with Florida wining the game as a result. I guess it just depends on who you are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dpd
Yes he was along with Cam Camron ( defensive offensive coordinator)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 15 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.