Print Thread
Hop To
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Cut a freebie and suddenly everybody is concerned about government spending.

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People are pissed lol.. I find it funny the people doing the most complaining are the dumbasses that voted for walker..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I doubt the reduction in PFD is enough to make some of the dirt bags leave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VernAK
I doubt the reduction in PFD is enough to make some of the dirt bags leave.

But it's amazing how many of 'em think there is 'magic money' that's somehow going to come to the rescue.

As a state, we've 'married' into a lot of things we can't (or shouldn't) 'divorce'. (Infrastructure paid for with good money - and plenty of it- shouldn't simply be 'mothballed' and allowed to decay.)

Last edited by Klikitarik; 09/23/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the PDF was $800 some odd dollars in 2014 or 2013 people weren't upset at all people were not crying the blues how the folks in the bush were going to starve to death.. fast forward to today and everyone saying how hard this is going to hit the low income folks blah blah... I think a lot people pissed their [bleep] off money being messed with lol..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to think this may deter some from having babies to collect more PFDs....but then most of those don't think anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny thing is the PFD is probably going to be paid back at a later date due to someone suing based on the unilateral move by Walker...

So Walker pays for his move and it will end up doing no good... it will actually cost in legal fees...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure you are correct Sitka deer. I wonder if this going to the state Supreme Court?? I don't agree at all what walker did. I hope the fine folks in the north pole area vote coghill out of office, that goes for all the other senators that chose not do anything about it as well.. this was something that should of been put to vote to the residents of Alaska..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just cant believe people are bitching about getting free money. I mean come on, its free money. What happened to saying , Thanks, and just enjoying it?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I just cant believe people are bitching about getting free money. I mean come on, its free money. What happened to saying , Thanks, and just enjoying it?

Exactly, and being thankful we don't have to pay an income of state sales tax. And in case some of the fools which want a perennial 2-Grand don't realize it, the Dividend will automatically be reduced very significantly a few years hence anyway because of the way it is calculated based on a period of time rather than a single year.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pfd is like a drug and the state will have to ween people off of it. But I gladly lose pfd versus paying sales tax and income tax. But those people jumping up and down yelling won't be paying a income tax but will pay a sales tax..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And those who think an option like sales tax is a positive thing may not consider that the price of goods affect the tax paid. Therefore, those who live in places where goods cost more.... the more remote areas- will pay more sales tax. And those people are often the ones who already have lower incomes to begin with. To add to the insult, many of the remote parts of the state already have local sales taxes. Finally, the PFD adds to our Federal tax burden. Lowering the amount means less Federal tax. Paying a sales tax or state income tax has a lessor effect on a reduction in Federal tax, if it has any effect at all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Lowering the amount means less Federal tax. Paying a sales tax or state income tax has a lessor effect on a reduction in Federal tax, if it has any effect at all.[/quote]"

Bingo!......This is the part that most folks don't understand.....Our Governor wants an income tax based on a percentage of Federal Income Tax.....so I pay $300 of my $1K PFD to the Feds as income tax and then the Governor wants a State income tax based on a percentage of the federal tax.....we are really diluting this PFD check and sending our money to Washington DC......WTF?......at least, reducing the PFD tends to keep more of that $$$$ in state.

But I still don't see the budget cuts or hiring freeze.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.