Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
#1 CLEARLY VISABLE EMPTY ANKLE HOLSTER [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#2 HAMMER BACK, SAFETY OFF
[Linked Image]

When I served it was understood that with a distance like this a perp could raise his weapon and fire before you could react.
The failure of the police to use the pulpit of the media press conference to explain is idiotic.
The CoP need to state in no uncertain terms...
"I want to be perfectly clear, It is not in the duty of police officers to be shot at. If you are instructed to drop a weapon by multiple officers and you refuse you will be shot. Yes, officers wear vests, yes we issue tasers, BUT, Mr. Scott was armed with a handgun that was loaded and cocked. He DID NOT have his back to officers, but to a camera in an empty patrol car. He had ample opportunities to drop the weapon and did not. My officers did what they were trained to do, they did what I would have done and they did what was legally and morally correct. I am proud of them and specifically I applaude officer Vinson for his sharp actions in protecting his fellow officers."

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't bring a .380 to a .40 fight.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don't be stupid with the cops!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That Christmas is right around the corner, and N igglybears need to beat the rush.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watched the released police video and while an ankle holster is visible, it doesn't show where the gun was. Maybe it was in the guy's hand, but it will take another video to show that.

I don't like the idea that the mere presence of a gun, or an empty holster, justifies being shot by police. Even so, the suspect in this case, as in most other cases, could have easily avoided being shot by cooperating and following police orders.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The perp was told 12 times in 38 seconds to DROP his gun. That indicates it wan't in his ankle holster. In fact the Colt Mustang was cocked and off safe.
Let's go back and review how to survive any police contact:

1. Obey all law enforcement commands.

2. Follow Rule #1 judiciously.

3. If you feel you were unfairly treated or targeted, file a citizens complaint and follow up with them.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 09/24/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
the cops were adjacent to the vehicle looking inside prior to him getting out.
after the shooting the pistol is on the ground.
so either he got out unarmed and was shot and then the police took the gun out of the car and planted it beside the body in the presence of 4 officers wearing cameras...WHILE THE WIFE VIDEOS IT...or he had it in his hand down by his side.
your choice.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or the gun could have been in his belt, or some other location on him besides being in his hand.

Nevertheless, the fact that the guy had an ankle holster proves he had a gun and calls into question the wife's statement that he didn't own a gun. It's possible she didn't know, but highly unlikely.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The perp was told 12 times in 38 seconds to DROP his gun. That indicates it wan't in his ankle holster. In fact the Colt Mustang was cocked and off safe.

3. If you feel you were unfairly treated or targeted, file a citizens complaint and follow up with them.

That all makes perfect sense to you and me, but the type of people protesting think it's all a police conspiracy. If there's video showing the guy had the gun in his hand, then that might settle things down.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
a cocked and unsafed Colt in the waistband?
so...the cops what saw him in the car saw the ankle holster with him seated?
Chery picking obscure possibilities to fabricate a scene other than what happened makes you sound like his attorney.
cops saw the pistol.
told him to drop it.
if it was in his waistband or pocket he would have shown his empty hands.
this guy was looking to show out thinking the cops wouldn't shoot him and he timed it wrong.
his old lady said this...he doesn't own a gun or HABITUALLY carry one.
so he occasionally carries so some else's?
most right handed people carry a ankle rig inside on the left leg.
he had a right handed rig.
my bet is he was left handed and making due with the right hand rig.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MacLorry

That all makes perfect sense to you and me, but the type of people protesting think it's all a police conspiracy. If there's video showing the guy had the gun in his hand, then that might settle things down.

You're really dumb enough to believe that?

Did the ME report that proved mike browns hands were not up when he was shot settle things down in furgeson

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looked to me like he had the gun in his left hand and walked back, to hide the gun from them. Look at the vid again, but pay close attention to his left hand. I think most people look for a weapon in the right hand.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
and I'll bet a shoebox full of shrimp he converted to ISLAM in prison.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

there is no explanation that would be suitable to the protesters, except a lie

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 09/24/16.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not judging the cops or defending the guy, but the released video is not clear enough to convince protesters who believe there's a police conspiracy. The family making statements that the guy had a book in his hand rather than a gun feeds into that conspiracy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're really dumb enough to believe that?

Did the ME report that proved mike browns hands were not up when he was shot settle things down in furgeson

To believe what; that the protesters think there's a police cover up? What rock have you been hiding under?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No, to think the rioters (they aren't protesters ) will calm down.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

there is no explanation that would be suitable to the protesters, except a lie

I agree that people who believe in a conspiracy are the most difficult to dissuade as they can always widen the conspiracy to account for contrary facts.

However, videos showing a perp had a gun have quelled violent protests in the past, and I believe, would go a long way in this case. So if the cops have such a video they should release it, investigation or not. There's public safety to be concerned with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
No, to think the rioters (they aren't protesters ) will calm down.

They did in Ferguson when one of the rioters was shot dead by cops. The dead rioter's father was saying he didn't have a gun and was inciting more rioting. The next day the cops released a surveillance video showing the guy had a gun and that took the wind out of that part of the Ferguson protests.

If clear video evidence doesn't quell violent protests then all the people calling for dash and body cameras are the dumb ones.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
black radio and Facebook don't have fact checkers to force reality into their thick skulls?

reality is that if you have a book or two empty hands you better GD show them when 4 cops in body armour are yelling at you.

now someone explain this to me...
IF he drove to the bus stop to get his kid how did his wife know what was going on all the way from the apartment and in time to walk there with her phone to video?
because he called her and told her to come Video what was happening. that's why he waited to get out of the car till she arrived.
he didn't think the cops could shoot him if he didn't raise the gun.
he misjudged the situation and paid for it.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,957
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.