Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You've been had guys. Hitler perfected the "Big Lie" technique and you guys are falling for it.
Chuck Baldwin assumes he can see a video or two and knows all about what happend ? Do any of you recall the Rodney King incident and riots ? The LAPD cops were roasted by a 15 second segment of a much longer video by the press. Even the then chief of police, a guy with very little actual time on the streets, bought it as proof positive of their misconduct. Turns out they were innocent. They used what force they were allowed to use to make an arrest.
Yeah, I know. Two of them were found gulity in federal court. Anybody know what happend to their attempt to appeal their convictions ? Not the government's appeal of their sentences, but the appeal of their convictions. The 9th Circuit Court refused to rule on it. Their right to appeal was denied.... Every hear of Double Jeopardy ? According to our constitution it is forbidden. But not to cops.
Yes, cops can make mistakes. All human beings do. But falling for the left's propaganda is a much worse thing. They deserve at least the benefit of the doubt.
I don't see anything like that in Chuck Baldwin's comments.
Where we are headed is to a time were the cops won't be there keeping are communities safe. Lots of our large cities are already there. Get ready to deal with bad guys yourself. If you do, you will get the same emotional, biased treatment they have been recieving for many years now. E

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They deserve at least the benefit of the doubt.

No, they don't.

The very first cop who lied to save his partner's ass threw that "benefit" away.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pal

These handicaps should not be the death sentence they often turn out to be. And so LE must never take the comply or die stance.

"Often"???

Yeah...we have a real problem with cops shooting people because of the issues you list...unless they're brandishing a weapon.
Even then, a cop pointing his weapon at you is a pretty universal language to stop what you're doing and raise your hands....if you're too retarded or drugged to understand THAT, you won't last long regardless of whether a cop shoots you or you shoot yourself...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by pal

These handicaps should not be the death sentence they often turn out to be. And so LE must never take the comply or die stance.

"Often"???

Yeah...we have a real problem with cops shooting people because of the issues you list...unless they're brandishing a weapon.
Even then, a cop pointing his weapon at you is a pretty universal language to stop what you're doing and raise your hands....if you're too retarded or drugged to understand THAT, you won't last long regardless of whether a cop shoots you or you shoot yourself...
Remember the post a few years back of the video of the cop shooting the deaf man walking away while cutting an apple with a pocket knife? He shouted the command to drop the knife, but he kept walking, because he didn't hear it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Remember the post a few years back of the video of the cop shooting the deaf man walking away while cutting an apple with a pocket knife? He shouted the command to drop the knife, but he kept walking, because he didn't hear it.

And?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
You've been had guys. Hitler perfected the "Big Lie" technique and you guys are falling for it.
Chuck Baldwin assumes he can see a video or two and knows all about what happend ? Do any of you recall the Rodney King incident and riots ? The LAPD cops were roasted by a 15 second segment of a much longer video by the press. Even the then chief of police, a guy with very little actual time on the streets, bought it as proof positive of their misconduct. Turns out they were innocent. They used what force they were allowed to use to make an arrest.
Yeah, I know. Two of them were found gulity in federal court. Anybody know what happend to their attempt to appeal their convictions ? Not the government's appeal of their sentences, but the appeal of their convictions. The 9th Circuit Court refused to rule on it. Their right to appeal was denied.... Every hear of Double Jeopardy ? According to our constitution it is forbidden. But not to cops.
Yes, cops can make mistakes. All human beings do. But falling for the left's propaganda is a much worse thing. They deserve at least the benefit of the doubt.
I don't see anything like that in Chuck Baldwin's comments.
Where we are headed is to a time were the cops won't be there keeping are communities safe. Lots of our large cities are already there. Get ready to deal with bad guys yourself. If you do, you will get the same emotional, biased treatment they have been recieving for many years now. E

Don't forget those federal charges were for civil rights violations. The original "hate crime" bill.

Day wazz raciss.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have neither the time or inclination to read all of this, no doubt highly flawed and biased, treatise on police behavior. But here is what I know. We have the most criminal administration in the history of the country. A complacent and equally criminal by lack of discernment public has allowed this to be. This administration has fanned the flames of racial hatred and directed it to the police who are that public's buffer from horrendous crime because they want that buffer to crumble so it can be re-shaped by marxist totalitarian design. In doing so, the top law enforcement officials in the country are not giving support to our police when they most need it and our top politicians are giving comfort and support to a nefarious group, black lives matter, on record advocating the execution of police officers. All this blends together to make cops more than suspicious of motivations from above and in fear for their lives on a much higher level than every before in their careers and history.

I have heard nearly no one call this out as the rational for the increase in police shootings of blacks on TV, even Fox, and neither of the half dozen or so posts and read. I believe we all know and understand the gravity of the next election, and noting how dogs and lieberals return to their vomit, and further Trump has "chose" to wing the debate, believe we are totally screwed. I have to wonder how many of our white children and us will be slain by angry vicious blacks after the changes called for by the traitor in chief yesterday take place in the legal system. Sew to the wind, reap the whirlwind.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Spoken like a true Nazi.
Originally Posted by pal

Comply or die.

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Calvin
Honestly, I can't stand the tactics of most of the LE I have to deal with. Most come at me with the attitude that I am guilty and they just need to catch me. It's bullshit but unfortunately the reality we live in. Just a handful of bad encounters with a power hungry cop really sours a guy.

I am respectful to LE, but I don't trust them for a second.

I agree with this 100%.

And I'd add that the reason cops can have the amount of contact they do, is because of the politicians we elect. If this country would stop passing a new fugking law every week, we'd all have less contact with law enforcement.

I also tire of the "we need more cops" mantra put out by politicians. We have more than enough.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RickyD
I have neither the time or inclination to read all of this, no doubt highly flawed and biased, treatise on police behavior. But here is what I know. We have the most criminal administration in the history of the country. A complacent and equally criminal by lack of discernment public has allowed this to be. This administration has fanned the flames of racial hatred and directed it to the police who are that public's buffer from horrendous crime because they want that buffer to crumble so it can be re-shaped by marxist totalitarian design. In doing so, the top law enforcement officials in the country are not giving support to our police when they most need it and our top politicians are giving comfort and support to a nefarious group, black lives matter, on record advocating the execution of police officers. All this blends together to make cops more than suspicious of motivations from above and in fear for their lives on a much higher level than every before in their careers and history.

I have heard nearly no one call this out as the rational for the increase in police shootings of blacks on TV, even Fox, and neither of the half dozen or so posts and read. I believe we all know and understand the gravity of the next election, and noting how dogs and lieberals return to their vomit, and further Trump has "chose" to wing the debate, believe we are totally screwed. I have to wonder how many of our white children and us will be slain by angry vicious blacks after the changes called for by the traitor in chief yesterday take place in the legal system. Sew to the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Do any black people live in Iowa?

Dave

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

So this happens "often" or is a widespread issue within the LE community?

ETA: Was he shot in the back???

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 09/25/16.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

As I recall, yes. I believe it was a Seattle cop.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

As I recall, yes. I believe it was a Seattle cop.

No...he wasn't cutting an apple, he was a local woodcarver and was only deaf in one ear IIRC I also believe he was shot in the side...I'm not gonna google it, but I certainly don't think police shooting deaf people, foreigners or retards has been much of a problem...again, a LE officer pointing a weapon at you is a pretty universal sign that it's time for you to stop what you're doing and put your hands in the air...ymmv.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RickyD

Do any black people live in Iowa?

Dave
More than Montana.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Baldwin is a contradiction with his own statements. He said most police shootings are justified but many are not. Huh?

There is no contradiction at all. Many and most are not synonyms; most means a majority, while many means numerous.

Originally Posted by bigwhoop
SIMPLE RULES FOR SURVIVING POLICE ENCOUNTERS:

1. Follow all police verbal commands.

2. Follow Rule #1.

3. If you feel you were improperly treated, file a citizen complaint at the PD.
Your case will be reviewed and you will be interviewed. If you still feel victimized,
take you case to the local media. But at least you didn't escalate the "encounter"
to some level on the force continuum.

This perfectly deomonstrates the mentality Baldwin objects to. Police are not representatives of the King; they are public servants in a position to PROTECT citizens.

Seems to me that to argue with Baldwin's logic is to argue against the basic principles upon which this country was founded.

Given that fact, I have little hope for the future of freedom in this country given the responses here.

On the other hand I'd be interested to hear how many actually read the article...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Baldwin has it right; this isn't a black & white issue.

Details of particular incidents are designed to sidetrack. Baldwin speaks to the underlying issues.

We are headed full bore toward a police state and upon that direction both Republicans & Democrats completely agree.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gee, I was always told that I was a free man. That means a law enforcement officer has NO AUTHORITY at all over me unless he has a reasonable suspicion that I have violated a law. I'm under no compunction to follow an order from them.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
True, but death is a hell of a price to pay for LEO ego's...

Phil

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
True, but death is a hell of a price to pay for LEO ego's...

Phil

And that is why people are starting to get fed up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Gee, I was always told that I was a free man. That means a law enforcement officer has NO AUTHORITY at all over me unless he has a reasonable suspicion that I have violated a law. I'm under no compunction to follow an order from them.
The Fourth Amendment actually calls for probable cause (a much higher standard than "reasonable suspicion"), and even then only after acquiring a judge-signed warrant, but the courts rewrote it to permit being messed with based solely on their new invention of "reasonable suspicion."

Where, again, in the Constitution, are the courts given the power to rewrite the US Constitution/Bill of Rights so as to make the jobs of police officers easier? I can't find that part.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.