Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11459922 09/25/16
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a hunt booked with Scott Mileur in the spring of 2018. Does anyone have any experience with this outfitter?

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ol Joe Want thinks he's a good guide from what I read..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
What does that mean?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hunted with Scott in 2014 and killed a 28" Booner bear. He is as good as they get in experience, personality, honesty, etc. I researched several of the Kodiak guides and talk to several of them after each season. I think a couple are very good but I'm positive none are better.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S
Ol Joe Want thinks he's a good guide from what I read..

Originally Posted by 1SHEEPHUNTER1
What does that mean?

you don't know who Joe Want is or you don't know what "thinks he's a good guide" means?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Also, it's a good idea to do the vetting pre-booking.

Call me crazy, but that's what I'd do before plunking moolah if I was a DSMFer.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1SHEEPHUNTER1
What does that mean?

Your Google fu is weak...

Joe Want was one of the top brown bear guides in Alaska if you ever get your hands on the boon and crocket record book look up brown bear world records. He has been retired for sometime now.. Their are folks here that know more about him than I do.

Last edited by 79S; 09/25/16.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Also, it's a good idea to do the vetting pre-booking.

Call me crazy, but that's what I'd do before plunking moolah if I was a DSMFer.

I was thinking the same thing as well..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
and his other post is to bitch about a cheap sheep hunt not producing.... go figure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Got to attend a bear hunting seminar in Los Anchorage years ago in which Joe was a guest speaker. An interesting charismatic person. Definitely a guy I would love to share a campfire with.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Very cool. I did a ton of research prior to booking with Scott. He seems like a very down to earth guy. I was hoping hear some success stories.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the info on Joe Want. I will definitely check it out. I read some awesome books on bear hunting in Alaska. Looking forward to learning about him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also have heard nothing but good about Scott.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458Win
I also have heard nothing but good about Scott.

I bet you have some stories on Joe Want someone needs to write a book about him. I also know you are one of the top Brn bear guides in Ak as well. Love to hear some stories about some of your hunts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would be an understatement to say Joe is a unique individual.
He is highly intelligent, energetic and self taught in so many areas. He is also widely reguarded for his computer expertise and compilation and interpretation of the state's bear and sheep data.
Plus he is an interesting and engaging speaker.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never heard of Joe Want either but I was never really interested in hunting Brown Bear so don't read much about it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You are asking on an open forum about a guide you already booked a hunt with. Someone is going to inform him of this thread and my guess would be him being a little bit un settled about it. After the 2 of you communicated he would have felt like you had confidence in him. Now your still looking for "success stories ". IT might be just me but when I booked this past summer for a sheep hunt in alaska, I didn't need any more information on the guide. Heck I never even spoke with him till he picked my son aND I up at the hotel. After doing lots of research I txted him and got all the information I needed by txting. Sure there was over 600 txt but the txt answers matched exactly what all my research said about the guide. I even sent all the money and a tip to him 3 weeks before the hunt. I know I'll take some heat for this post ,but I think the guide is now going to question his decision to take you as a client. After reading some of your posts on other hunts, I'm going to wish you and the guide ,Good luck

Last edited by Pahunter69; 09/29/16.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pahunter69
After reading some of your posts on other hunts, I'm going to wish you and the guide ,Good luck

You mean, like the post where he told his stone sheep guide he wanted his money back after the hunt, and threatened that if he didn't get his money back, things would get really ugly on "social media?" And then followed up by slamming the guide on this very forum when he didn't get his money back?

Is that the post you're talking about?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hopefully he's taken the hint and left 24 hour forever... morons abound.

Thats why we have obama in office, they vote too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
lol......

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Pahunter69
After reading some of your posts on other hunts, I'm going to wish you and the guide ,Good luck

You mean, like the post where he told his stone sheep guide he wanted his money back after the hunt, and threatened that if he didn't get his money back, things would get really ugly on "social media?" And then followed up by slamming the guide on this very forum when he didn't get his money back?

Is that the post you're talking about?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 14idaho, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.