Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My absolute top bucket list animal would be a Marco Polo sheep from Tajikistan. It is totally unatainable for me but I feel it is the most beautiful trophy in the world. I will be in Kyrgyzstan in a month hunting ibex so i will at least get to see some of them!

Next for me would be a bighorn sheep from the unlimited's. I figure if I keep trying that is one I will be able to cross off!

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
A nilgai with one of my 1895's. Iron sights in the oak mott.

But I'm in no big hurry.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B&C non typical mule deer....have only seen one on the hoof, after the season was closed about 12 years ago here in Montana.

Large boar grizzly bear in Montana. Have seen plenty of them here, just waiting for a season...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Just one more chance to hunt deer with my dad, may he Rest In Peace. I miss him so much. All else is just fluff.

I hear ya. I went on a moose hunt in Newfoundland 2 years ago and it made me realize that I don't need more stuff. I just need to go more places and do more things with the people I love.
As for hunting, I would like to hunt out west and at least hear an elk bugle, sooner than later.

Last edited by River_Ridge; 09/23/16.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's a worthy goal!

I've pretty much done my bucket list, though would like to see Australia, and might as well be hunting while doing it. But mostly I prefer hunting with family and friends for the same Montana game animals (and gamebirds) I grew up hunting.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Whitetail deer hunting probably in SD, MN or IA. I have never had the opportunity to hunt for whitetails and I have read so many stories about them. I get to hunt sheep, goats, moose, caribou and bears every year but I have never hunted for whitetails. I will get to do it when I retire from teaching. I would really like to do an archery hunt down the Milk River for Whitetails as well.

Last edited by kaboku68; 09/23/16.
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Large grizzly here in MT. Season???I sure hope so!
A really nice mule deer & a moose &/or sheep in MT.

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For me, it would be a horseback Yukon mixed bag hunt of about 21 days; sheep, caribou and grizzly. I have hunting from Mexico to Alaska and Canada, chased lions with hounds, belly crawled after pronghorns and everything in between. I typically go on 3-4 rut elk hunts every year. This will be the first year in 30 that I won't go. My recent Kodiak trip stole most of the good dates and my knee is keeping pretty close to home. I hope they can repair it good enough that I can get back at it. I've been blessed to go on lots of hunts. I have had some bad ones and some incredibly good ones. I have as good a chance as anyone to draw a desert sheep tag here in AZ with max bonus points but that is still a very small chance.

Someone mentioned the snow cock hunt. My buddy, who guides in Nevada, said he would go on that hunt with me if I decide to do it. We'll see how my legs hold up.

I am not so keen on Africa as many of you as there is still a lot left to do here in North America. I much prefer to hunt on my own than to be guided. This has somewhat limited my options.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
For me, it would be a horseback Yukon mixed bag hunt of about 21 days; sheep, caribou and grizzly. I have hunting from Mexico to Alaska and Canada, chased lions with hounds, belly crawled after pronghorns and everything in between. I typically go on 3-4 rut elk hunts every year. This will be the first year in 30 that I won't go. My recent Kodiak trip stole most of the good dates and my knee is keeping pretty close to home. I hope they can repair it good enough that I can get back at it. I've been blessed to go on lots of hunts. I have had some bad ones and some incredibly good ones. I have as good a chance as anyone to draw a desert sheep tag here in AZ with max bonus points but that is still a very small chance.

Someone mentioned the snow cock hunt. My buddy, who guides in Nevada, said he would go on that hunt with me if I decide to do it. We'll see how my legs hold up.

I am not so keen on Africa as many of you as there is still a lot left to do here in North America. I much prefer to hunt on my own than to be guided. This has somewhat limited my options.

What about a horseback AK hunt for same?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to hunt late season 12B for Mule Deer in AZ, but not enough to save up bonus points! grin

Mule Deer, Elk, Coyotes, Turkeys....in the Arizona back country, is as good as it gets for me.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elk
Caribou
Pigs
Exotics of some sort
Turkey

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

What about a horseback AK hunt for same?

Not aware of anywhere in AK that has a hunt like this, first off, there are no Stone sheep!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rutting Coues Whitetails is on my current to do list. I hope to accomplish that one this year.
My father who lives in PA and I have been putting in for bonus points in Maine for about 5 years now and I hope to do it before he gets too old to get around.

Other than that, I feel like I've been lucky enough to do the other ones. Every hunting trip I go on, I have a self reflection moment. I sit back and think about how I could have never imagined the hunting opportunities i've been lucky enough to experience when I was 12 years old.

Edit for grammer

Last edited by jmgraham1986; 09/25/16.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
30 days in Tanzania for Buffalo, Leopard, Lion, Grants Gazelle, Gerenuk, lesser kudu, sable, Roan ect.

More obtainable would be free range Axis and Aoudad in Texas.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A nice big moose in Alaska, maybe with a handgun though not required.

Brown or Grizzly bear.

Having traveled a fair bit, I have ZERO desire to go to Africa on my own time.

A nice float trip on a lazy river on a raft in Alaska, fishing with my dad, camping along the way.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elk

Mule Deer

Coues Deer

Pronghorn

150+ class Whitetail

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
A nice big moose in Alaska, maybe with a handgun though not required.

Brown or Grizzly bear.

A nice float trip on a lazy river on a raft in Alaska, fishing with my dad, camping along the way.

That pretty much isn't a bad list... we are very similar. Zero desire or close to it for Africa. Moving to AK in a few years hopefully, would like to take one of everything there before we are to old. Size is not an issue, the hunt is the fun part, not the size.

I sure hope we get many days rafting this or that river, dropped off by plane hopefully, and drift on down. And plenty of hunts. Starting our job searches now already, for part time, to help pay the bills while there, and maintaining our farm in TX. Ain't gonna be cheap or easy but nothing good ever is.

Best of luck on your list!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greenland musk ox.
Cape Buffalo.
Kudu.
Gemsbok.
Hunt and fish Alaska.
Muskie, smallmouth and walleye in Canada.

Better get busy...............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Been on an African Safari and been to war in Africa. I liked Alaska more, and didn't have nearly the trouble with IEDs and rockets....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good thread, Otter!

getting my boy into elk camp in 2018, along with my dad. (your CO unit). 3 generations in elk camp would be one for the books. smile

dad and I leave next Saturday.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.