Print Thread
Hop To
L
Landrum Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I have not been on this site in quite some time. I was wondering if any of you gents had something good, or bad, to say about the Nosler M48 Liberty rifles. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Bumping this because I would love to hear experiences with them as well.

I played with one for a long time at Sportsmans and really liked the ergos.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Bumping every so often because I'd love to hear someone's opinion of one who isn't being paid to give it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Noslers are great. I have one in 26 Nosler and 1 TGR in 338 Win Mag. They are in my experience as accurate as other top level rifles. Yeah you can get a rifle built up to its specifications by a gunsmith. But I hate sending the gun here and then sending the gun there and then hoping that everybody involved in the game is at the top of their game.

The Trigger is good. It is crisp and adjustable and works every time.
I have big hands and the stock fits them and has a good cheekweld.

The bedding is extremely solid. More than many in semi-production rifles in its price range.

Bergaras are obviously taking from its market niche but it is a very good rifle for the price. It is designed to be used hard in the field. It is not a fair weather rifle.

Pacnor match barrels are great for repeatable accuracy.

The only negative is that they are a little heavy. That means with a bigger scope like a VX6 that you know you are carrying a long range rifle. They do get set and are easier to shoot accurately than other lighter rifles.

Many people don't talk about the microslick coating on the internals of the action. They really work well and clean up in bad weather.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I just spent a couple weeks with a liberty in 6.5 CM and I was very impressed. The gun is on the heavy side for a sporter but from a quality standpoint I think you are getting a lot more than the price tag would imply. Remove the stock and you see an excellent being job and the machining of the actions is very well done, not technical I know but compared to other guns in this price range I find the flats smoother and angles smooth but not sharp. The cerakote also appears smoother and applied over better finished metal that competitors who seem to love a very rough, almost SPS type surface finish.
Nick

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Thank you both for replying. This pretty much confirms what I had observed and felt after repeated handling at the LGS. I know it is heavy but it didn't "feel" heavy. Also it had really sharp handling for a 26" barrel.

Originally Posted by kaboku68
I have one in 26 Nosler

I know you said you are a bigger guy, but how is the recoil on that? I would love to do a 26 and get away without having to do a brake.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
26 nosler kicks less than most 06s without muzzle break. Recoil doesn't break sight plane. I have it set for a 300 yard Zero and it really performs at that range. I have a Vortex Viper HD LR Scope on it and it does its job with class. They are dead nuts accurate with 129 Grain accubond. They are decently accurate with 142 grain accubond bullets.

Several sheep guides are shifting to the 26 Nosler.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by kaboku68
26 nosler kicks less than most 06s without muzzle break. Recoil doesn't break sight plane. I have it set for a 300 yard Zero and it really performs at that range. I have a Vortex Viper HD LR Scope on it and it does its job with class. They are dead nuts accurate with 129 Grain accubond. They are decently accurate with 142 grain accubond bullets.

Several sheep guides are shifting to the 26 Nosler.

Oh man. That is exactly the type of set up/performance I would be looking for. Time to get serious.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.