Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
dla should post more often. Angry and ignorant are key to contributing to the reasoned discourse found on handgun threads.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by dla
Written by a really stupid person and believed by morons. Why? If you think the goal is to kill a big bear - you're a fool (and likely to show up in the scat). The goal is to stop the attack. A JHP will put a bigger hurt on a critter than hardcast and the critter's attention to turn to the owie and away from you.

Thats the reason bear spray works. Only gays and fuecktards believe they will actually carry a hip cannon that will quickly kill a bear with hardcast.

I'm curious how you know this to be true? Extensive field testing on your part? A significant number of bear attacks you've stopped with hollow points? If you have the credentials to back this up we all love to see them.

If it wouldn't be unfair and inhumane to the bear I'd like to see you put your theory into application on video. It would certainly make for some fun viewing for all of us and might even earn you a Darwin Award nomination.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by dla
Written by a really stupid person and believed by morons. Why? If you think the goal is to kill a big bear - you're a fool (and likely to show up in the scat). The goal is to stop the attack. A JHP will put a bigger hurt on a critter than hardcast and the critter's attention to turn to the owie and away from you.

Thats the reason bear spray works. Only gays and fuecktards believe they will actually carry a hip cannon that will quickly kill a bear with hardcast.

I'm curious how you know this to be true? Extensive field testing on your part? A significant number of bear attacks you've stopped with hollow points? If you have the credentials to back this up we all love to see them.

If it wouldn't be unfair and inhumane to the bear I'd like to see you put your theory into application on video. It would certainly make for some fun viewing for all of us and might even earn you a Darwin Award nomination.

Classic feucktard response. You have all the non-think the forum will allow and the tiny-penis microminds wave the pom-poms in your support.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Would you mind informing us what state you live in and how many big bears you have encountered?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Would you mind informing us what state you live in and how many big bears you have encountered?

He obviously hasn't encountered any, or he wouldn't be writing that BS. He would be the bear scat. But he'd smell like pepper spray. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carried this Ruger super Blackhawk in Alaska on a two week bowhunt for moose. I never needed it but it was reassuring to have it

[Linked Image]

On my next trip into big bear country I'll be carrying this S&W Mountain Gun in a chest rig.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Longhunter_1; 09/27/16.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

He obviously hasn't encountered any, or he wouldn't be writing that BS. He would be the bear scat. But he'd smell like pepper spray. smile

Pepper spray has a better record than handguns. 2x better. Only the tiny-penis crowd thinks otherwise.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Longhunter_1
I carried this Ruger super Blackhawk in Alaska on a two week bowhunt for moose. I never needed it but it was reassuring to have it

[Linked Image]

On my next trip into big bear country I'll be carrying this S&W Mountain Gun in a chest rig.

[Linked Image]

Out come the macho gun with knife pictures - how convincing!

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Typical response from the tiny-penis micro-mind crowd. Too stupid to handle the truth but always willing to sidetrack a subject with irrelevant questions.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dla

Pepper spray has a better record than handguns. 2x better. Only the tiny-penis crowd thinks otherwise.

How many have you pepper sprayed?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a reality check for the JHP/pissant gun crowd.

Originally Posted by 458Win
Sarge, My family homestead is right in the middle of a National Wildlife Refuge and the incident happened a bit over 5 miles from our home. We know the area, terrain and wildlife and don't feel the need to constantly be armed -- And when we are out the terrain is difficult and carrying something as large as a 475 quickly becomes a burden. something like your SP-101 is alot more likely to be packed.

As I have pointed out to numerous folks about this incident -- if I had known I would have run into an angry bear I wouldn't have even gone. And if I had to I would have taken my 458.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dla

Typical response from the tiny-penis micro-mind crowd. Too stupid to handle the truth but always willing to sidetrack a subject with irrelevant questions.

OK, I'll try once more to engage you in a reasonable conversation; inspite of your ad hominum reply.

My question is absolutely relevant and by no means a side track.

I'd like to know your experience around 'big bears' with both handgun and spray. Absent that, there is no way to evaluate your post.

I will say that spray seems to have it's place, but the so-called statistics on spray efficacy are easily challenged. It's been done on the 24HCF quite a bit.

Will you be serious and answer the question?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

OK, I'll try once more to engage you in a reasonable conversation; inspite of your ad hominum reply.

I'd like to know your experience around 'big bears' with both handgun and spray. Absent that, there is no way to evaluate your post.

I will say that spray seems to have it's place, but the so-called statistics on spray efficacy are easily challenged. It's been done on the 24HCF quite a bit.

And you continue the stupidity. Seriously, why dont you give up your feucktard ways and at least research the issue? You hang out here and mentally masturbate with other retards and ultimately end up with your Zika-head filled with stupid ideas.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
IB, the guy is a know nothing arse hole, that can't defend his position, but he is focused on your penis. I already put him on ignore.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well 'Christian Ed', I tried. May I call you 'Christian Ed'?

Pretty much a misnomer wouldn't you say?
I have Christian friends and I know Christians. You are no Christian. Furthermore you give Christians a bad name.

Also, I have no need to research the issue as you suggest - I live it.

BTW, you should stick to the cell phone business in Salem, OR. You have probably never seen a bear of any size, let alone a big bear.

You are a first class doosh and f.uc.ktard. You have nothing to contribute of any value.
Buh-bye.

Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

And you continue the stupidity. Seriously, why dont you give up your feucktard ways and at least research the issue? You hang out here and mentally masturbate with other retards and ultimately end up with your Zika-head filled with stupid ideas.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
IB, the guy is a know nothing arse hole, that can't defend his position, but he is focused on your penis. I already put him on ignore.

I thought I'd give him the chance to explain his stupidity.
My bad.

His cyber-bullying is very hurtful and against the law. wink

His homo-erotic fantasies are the stuff to be addressed by a competent therapist.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I knew you bunch of gun pussies would run. Cowards and mental midgets.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think he's off his meds. Sounds like a mental case. Probably a wienie wagger. Kids may be at risk with him off his meds.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I never ceases to amaze me how a simple request for information can degrade to name calling.

Were I to return to Alaska bear country I would carry my Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I may or may not have bear spray. If I did I would choose which to use first depending on conditions.

That is what I would do and that was the question in the OP. The reasoning is I gave a Blackhawk in 45 Cold. I can have and can load some stiff loads approbate for bear and I have practice enough with them to feel comfortable.

Those who do not agree are free to tie be to a shake and burn me verbally so to speak. If they try it for real I would probably resist.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I wonder what Rickbin would think of dla's posts, since this is a family forum?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.