Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dingo with mange, filmed from a distance.

It is not a fucking dingo you twit.

Haven't you lot ever seen a mangy fox.

As a matter of fact, I have not.

Never seen a mangy fox in these parts, albeit, many mangy coyotes.

Never seen a fuggin' dingo either.

Nor a fuggin; Tasmanian Tiger.

I see you sure get your panties in a wad quickly, though. grin

You remind me of this scene...

"This ain't the wild west, and you ain't Bill Hickock." laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reminds me of all the Chupacabra (aka mangy coyote) sightings in South Texas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Reminds me of all the Chupacabra (aka mangy coyote) sightings in South Texas.

Yep. That's why I mentioned that.

Except they don't have coyotes there... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just don't think there are any large undiscovered mammals, anywhere on the earth. Occasionally someone finds a new whale species or similar large animal in the ocean, but that's going to be about it.

I've been in some fairly remote places, and it's just not that hard to find evidence of man exploring them. Now maybe there is indeed a TazTiger population hanging on in a remote area, but it's been too long, and even in Oz, lots of people explore the wild places.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
With a bad right paw...

Yep, seems to be favoring it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Great news, if correct. Looks to be the real deal. I've been an admirer of the Tasmanian Wolf since I was a kid, and have always hoped they somehow still existed deep in the bush.

This is a photo of the last known to live for sure ... officially believed to be the last of its species.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[

We hear a lot of this type of crap from dills with a vested interest, generally the ones that have never been off bitumen.

Were I inclined to investigate for tigers I would go to the roughest part of Tassie and live in the bush for a few years with a camera, and a fishing rod as there is world class trout fishing to be had there.

If Hillary wins can I go with you?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I just don't think there are any large undiscovered mammals, anywhere on the earth.

If there was something, it would be on a game camera by now.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't see any stripes on the critter in the video and have to say it looks like a fox with sarcoptic manage and an injured right front paw..

The tail of a fox looks almost rat like once devoid of the fur and tends to be carried very straight as in the video.

The "large head" simply looks like it has a little more fur than the rest of the body...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JS has been waiting all of his non-bitumen life for this thread.

laugh

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd

laugh

ROFL!!!!!

I wonder if there's an aboriginal version of bigfoot/yeti/abominable snowman?? whistle Further, does said bipedal critter prefer Foster's or Coopers?? whistle whistle

Last edited by gonehuntin; 09/27/16.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by broomd

laugh

ROFL!!!!!

I wonder if there's an aboriginal version of bigfoot/yeti/abominable snowman?? whistle Further, does said bipedal critter prefer Foster's or Coopers?? whistle whistle

There was a Java man, but the salties ate him grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Since you are over there in that part of the world, I will relate a curious incident while on the island of New Guinea. Worked on a mining job and we had a number of Aussie "bunny huggers" come in and do wildlife research near our operation. We ususally provided quite a bit of support and I had dinner with them on occasion. We had a community liason guy who spoke the native language and he got the Aussies connected up with the locals for help with their gear, porters and guides.

After one trip they came back and were all excited about finding a new type of tree kangaroo. It was a big deal for them. Never been seen or captured before.

It seems that they were paying the locals to go out and bring in fauna to them. Not a big deal, everybody was happy and they ended up with two new tree kangaroos. Great.

Then a few weeks later the community liason guy comes to me and is all excited. He said he described a Tasmanian tiger to the locals and they said they knew all about it, even had a name for it and did he want them to "go get one."

I told him no and under no circumstances did I want a dead thylacine dumped on my doorstep.

We never pursued it but the guy was convinced that the tiger was still in the mountain forests of New Guinea.

IDK if there ever was any tigers on the island but he was a believer.

Edit to add: just found this link:

https://news.mongabay.com/2013/05/could-the-tasmanian-tiger-be-hiding-out-in-new-guinea/

Last edited by TF49; 09/27/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I do believe there may still be Tigers, but that looked like a fox to me.

Have also heard of Thylacines being in Irian Jaya, was a program on it, but nothing found.

Funny how people that hunt here have rarely seen a Quoll, but they are not rare, although I have only seen one. Was a university study of a forest near here (Watagan Mountains) that concluded there were actually Quolls there! Surprise, the locals living around there said yes, and they steal our chickens! Always know they were there....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I just don't think there are any large undiscovered mammals, anywhere on the earth. Occasionally someone finds a new whale species or similar large animal in the ocean, but that's going to be about it.

I've been in some fairly remote places, and it's just not that hard to find evidence of man exploring them. Now maybe there is indeed a TazTiger population hanging on in a remote area, but it's been too long, and even in Oz, lots of people explore the wild places.

Actually, there have been a few medium to large land mammals discovered in recent years, or rediscovered after being presumed extinct. The Vu Quang Ox (Saola) for example, first photographed only a few years ago, or the Kabomani Tapir, whose discovery was announced in 2013.

I don't think the video is of a Thylacine, but there are some pretty remote and inaccessible parts of its former range, especially in southwest Tasmania, where it isn't entirely impossible a relict population could exist.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rockdoc

Funny how people that hunt here have rarely seen a Quoll, but they are not rare, although I have only seen one. Was a university study of a forest near here (Watagan Mountains) that concluded there were actually Quolls there! Surprise, the locals living around there said yes, and they steal our chickens! Always know they were there....

In 40-odd years of hunting IIRC I've only seen two that I could identify with certainty, both near where my family own land near Gloucester NSW. They certainly do seem to be a critter that keeps out of the limelight.

There again, ask most non-hunters and they've probably never seen much more obvious critters, like the various species of deer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't there still a question mark as to whether moose still exist in Fiordland, New Zealand?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by rockdoc

In 40-odd years of hunting IIRC I've only seen two that I could identify with certainty, both near where my family own land near Gloucester NSW. They certainly do seem to be a critter that keeps out of the limelight.

There again, ask most non-hunters and they've probably never seen much more obvious critters, like the various species of deer.

Some interesting things in the Tops there. I saw one on the western side near Muswellbrook. Not uncommon apparently.

Gloucester is a very nice area and spend a bit of time around there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw a reasonably good movie about a guy hunting a tiger in Tasmania.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

590 members (257 mag, 270cowboy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 260Remguy, 69 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,295
Posts18,448,991
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.