Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They are Nitrided inside and out.....Some Dumbass started that rumor!!!!!The whole barrel is Dipped or submerged in the salt bath which penetrates and case hardens the surface , It does not add to the surface like a coating or chrome lining!!!!!! Why would a company go to the trouble of plugging the barrel and only doing the outside. confused

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
ARIC

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok, I now have a $269.00 Assembled Upper Receiver on order from Davidson Defense, what do you guys think?

This upper features a stainless steel 416r ultra match spiral fluted barrel that has unmatched accuracy

also features a keymod 12" handguard to fit all of your accessories

1. AR-15 Davidson Defense Ultra Match 16" Stainless Steel Spiral Fluted 5.56 .223 Wylde Barrel 1:8 Twist

2. Anderson Mfg Forged Upper Receiver made of 7075 T6 Aluminum

3. Carbine length Gas System

4. Davidson Defense Gas Tube and Gas Block

5. ImI Forward Assist

6. Omega Mfg Dust Cover

7. Omega Mfg 12" Ultra Slim Keymod Handguard

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good luck getting it....My son ordered some uppers from them back in the spring. They took 2 months to arrive and looked like chit!!!!!!

Everything on that upper except the barrel and upper receiver is made in China..I would have picked up a PSA Stainless Freedom upper myself for 209 Bucks and swapped out the Handguard for a Free Float Rail and had a all American made upper for just a few more bucks.

Good luck with it. The Uppers my son ordered from them shot 4 inch patterns!!! It does look nice with that fluted Barrel.

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 09/13/16.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a $599.99 Ruger AR556. Accurate, not fussy ammo wise, and has functioned without a hiccup so far. Only drawback, is the factory trigger was horrible. I installed a $200 Giessle in it, which kinda shot the value aspect in the ass! blush

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akjeff
I bought a $599.99 Ruger AR556. Accurate, not fussy ammo wise, and has functioned without a hiccup so far. Only drawback, is the factory trigger was horrible. I installed a $200 Giessle in it, which kinda shot the value aspect in the ass! blush

Jeff

I canceled the Assembled Upper Receiver from Davidson Defense after what I was told about there was time and accuracy. Thinking about just getting a ruger now.

Or may get this Assembled Upper Receiver, what do you guys think?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...dom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a friend with the S and W who likes it.

If you decide you want to spend more for an accurate rifle that already has an awesome trigger, floated quality barrel, solid mounts, etc., here is my shameless plug for one I just posted in the classifieds:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11438516/AR-15__Seekins,_Rock,_SLR,_BCM#Post11438516

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got this in the mail and it looked like something was missing? I need a BCG and a CHARGING HANDLE! Dho.....That's what I get for not reading everything on the page wink

What do you guys suggest? And I still want the best bang for the buck.

Tracy

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 09/23/16.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And I thought a Assembled Upper Receiver was all I needed....lol.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
PSA has there nickle boron bolt on sale this weekend with free shipping for 109....Any mil spec charging Handle will do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I just got this in the mail and it looked like something was missing? I need a BCG and a CHARGING HANDLE! Dho.....That's what I get for not reading everything on the page wink

What do you guys suggest? And I still want the best bang for the buck.

Tracy

Give us a range report after you get it together.
I've been eying that same upper for a build for my son.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

More often than not, "complete" AR uppers don't come with charge handles or the BCG. Of course, you know that now!

Some guys talk bad about them, but I've been using a bunch of PSA's premium bolt carrier groups and have really good results with them, no complaints at all.

I just put together another cheap one last night for a spare, with parts and a complete upper from PSA's labor day sales. They had a premium bcg and 120rds of XM193 ammo for $99; added that to a complete upper with lower kit for $259. Even with shipping, I'm into the complete rifle now for ~$450, minus a rear sight.

I really don't like the lower I used from Tennessee Arms, but that's a different story.

Last edited by Yondering; 09/23/16.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yondering

More often than not, "complete" AR uppers don't come with charge handles or the BCG. Of course, you know that now!

Some guys talk bad about them, but I've been using a bunch of PSA's premium bolt carrier groups and have really good results with them, no complaints at all.

I just put together another cheap one last night for a spare, with parts and a complete upper from PSA's labor day sales. They had a premium bcg and 120rds of XM193 ammo for $99; added that to a complete upper with lower kit for $259. Even with shipping, I'm into the complete rifle now for ~$450, minus a rear sight.

I really don't like the lower I used from Tennessee Arms, but that's a different story.

I have it all together now, it was simple. Now to the range.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Do you like Ram Jam Black Betty? Not much of a test but the music is good. Smith sport seems to work....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IeufDMHFdM

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Range Report: I mounted a 3 to 9 Burris fullfield II on my new AR and went to the range today. At 100 yards I got some decent groups.

Federal gold medal match 69 sierra matchking HPBT shot like crap, 3.5" groups.

Federal American Eagle Red box 50 gr HP, 1.2" groups.

Generic 55 gr spitzer (don't know the ammo brand, were given to me), 1.4" groups.

Winchester 55 gr power points, 0.9" groups

This was a average of three groups per ammo and were three shot per groups.

I do want a free float forend because this AR shot better when the front rest was on the bags close to the receiver.

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 10/03/16.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I guess no one saw this range report?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picked up a S&W Sport II for $629.

Came with a Magpul 30

Seems to be a good basic AR

Read a report comparing it to the Ruger and they preferred the S&W.

plus they said the S&W comes with a lifetime warranty? I'll have to check. I haven't sent in the paperwork on it yet.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
btw, what should I expect to pay for a case of surplus equivalent .223?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been selling Del-Ton Echo 316M (A2 front sight, rear flip up) for $565.

Kelly
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
120 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.