Hop To
Page 15 of 43 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 42 43
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colodog
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by colodog
The law in Colorado as I understand it is , If I hit a bicyclist I'm at fault.

There is a "single file law" for the bicyclists to keep them out of traffic but it's not uncommon to roll around a corner in the mountains and have 4 wide, chatting as they mosey along an uphill grade.

If I leave my lane to go around, It's on ME.
If I'm travelling at road speed and roll around a corner and hit a rider in the road, It's on ME.

When the traffic light is red, the bikes hit the side walk to keep going and jump back to the street at their convenience, which I'm now obliged to avoid because they are Bikes, It's on Me.

If I grumble too loudly I'll be beaten into submission for not respecting the "rights" of fellow commuters that have no License,Registration,Insurance,and are not responsible for their action, That too is on ME.

Yes, I have a mountain bike and no, I don't ride with cars.

As it should be. It would be on any motorist if they rounded the bend and hit a mail truck, deliver truck, farm equipment, stalled vehicle, etc.

Although they are in violation of the single file law, I'm still the responsible party with no recourse, and bicyclists wonder why car and truck traffic have no respect/patience for bikes...

I was on driving on 550 in Colorado with my wife. We were on one of the downhill sections when we saw two bikes side by side ahead. My wife asked why are they blocking the road. I told her they weren't. Even if they were in single file, to pass them at a safe distance I would have to enter the oncoming lane. I couldn't do that until I had adequate distance with no vehicles approaching. I spend less time in the oncoming lane if they are side by side rather than end to end.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

26 yrs ago I was a 'Sprocket Head'

Mtn Bikes was just getting rollin' in Utah....

Had a ball.......was in the best physical shape of my life...

Ride 30 miles on a single track trail at 9000'...

Beer was cold back at the truck.....lots of hot babes too... grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't ride in packs taking up the whole lane.

Somewhere earlier you mentioned it was fun to ride with a groups. You ride in groups that DON'T take up the whole lane??

Later you stated how two cyclists riding side by side was "safer" for the motorist.

What the hell difference does it make if my reason for being on the road is recreation or fitness.

Fitness in this context IS recreation.

Any motorized vehicle (or horse drawn in the case of the Amish) moving that slow on a legal highway or roadway would be properly required by law to be marked with a large reflective warning triangle.

Furthermore, the general public obstructed by such traffic understands that those guys in said vehicles are not out there merely to get their jollies, they are there because they need to be.

Are you suggesting people on the road for recreational pursuits shouldn't be there?

Are you suggesting it should be legal for folks to walk down the road for recreation and fitness in a manner that obstructs passing traffic? Whats the difference?

Does that mean the guy slowly trailering his horses to the national forest to ride doesn't belong on the road?

What? Horse trailers always roll down the highway at 10 to 20 miles per hour, slower on the uphills?

You are merely trolling here. You started this thread for attention; a verbal form of putting yourself out there on the road in colorful spandex. But no worries, after your demise its in your will that somebody gets sued or whatever.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

That person is a grade A cockhole.
Probably - but it's still funny as hell.. laugh laugh

Besides, compared to riding a bicycle in China one would think THAT Cummins smoke is as fresh as a newly blooming tulip..

Best wishes... smile
i'm guilty of doing that with my 12 valve.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

26 yrs ago I was a 'Sprocket Head'

Mtn Bikes was just getting rollin' in Utah....

Had a ball.......was in the best physical shape of my life...

Ride 30 miles on a single track trail at 9000'...

Beer was cold back at the truck.....lots of hot babes too... grin

I prefer mountain biking, but there is literally no place to do it in this area. It was about 26 years ago that my bud Lew White got me into mountain bike racing. That was a lot of knee and shoulder surgeries ago. I still enjoy it, but can't ride hard.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

That person is a grade A cockhole.
Probably - but it's still funny as hell.. laugh laugh

Besides, compared to riding a bicycle in China one would think THAT Cummins smoke is as fresh as a newly blooming tulip..

Best wishes... smile
i'm guilty of doing that with my 12 valve.

If one of the cyclists invited you back to talk about it, would you go back, or keep on rollin?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

You are merely trolling here. You started this thread for attention; a verbal form of putting yourself out there on the road in colorful spandex. But no worries, after your demise its in your will that somebody gets sued or whatever.

Birdwatcher

Exactly.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I certainly haven't gone back through these 29 pages, but If I were to take a tally, I do believe that Hillary would poll higher with this group than PB.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
So bicyclists are arrogant, elitists, self absorbing, road hogs, stop sign runners, royalty, dangerous, and on and on. Duly noted. No chance any motorist would ever go over the posted speed limit, tailgate, roll a stop sign, cut a corner in the opposing lane, not use a turn signal, ride without a seatbelt, text, phone, blast the the radio, drive drunk, pass in a no passing zone or cut someone off. EVER. wink

I have been biking the white line on a straight road then get passed and cut off by motorist with the horn blaring. Nearly ran me off the road intentionally. No other traffic, no hill, no curb, no reason to do that other than to be an azzzzhuel. Bubba didn't realize that in addition to being arrogant, self absorbing elitists, bicyclists can read a license plate number.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't ride in packs taking up the whole lane.

Somewhere earlier you mentioned it was fun to ride with a groups. You ride in groups that DON'T take up the whole lane??

Later you stated how two cyclists riding side by side was "safer" for the motorist.

What the hell difference does it make if my reason for being on the road is recreation or fitness.

Fitness in this context IS recreation.

Any motorized vehicle (or horse drawn in the case of the Amish) moving that slow on a legal highway or roadway would be properly required by law to be marked with a large reflective warning triangle.

Furthermore, the general public obstructed by such traffic understands that those guys in said vehicles are not out there merely to get their jollies, they are there because they need to be.

Are you suggesting people on the road for recreational pursuits shouldn't be there?

Are you suggesting it should be legal for folks to walk down the road for recreation and fitness in a manner that obstructs passing traffic? Whats the difference?

Does that mean the guy slowly trailering his horses to the national forest to ride doesn't belong on the road?

What? Horse trailers always roll down the highway at 10 to 20 miles per hour, slower on the uphills?

Birdwatcher

I ride in groups. I mentioned that I won't ride with road hogging groups. I will only ride with groups that treat motorists respectfully.

I am pretty sure I didn't say two bicyclists riding side by side was safer for the motorist. It does take less time to pass them if they are side by side rather than end to end.

I don't ride down the middle of the road and obstruct traffic. When someone comes up behind me I make room for them as quickly as I reasonably can.

I didn't say that horse trailers ALWAYS go well below the speed limit. I have been caught behind them in Colorado for several miles, going well below the speed limit. It's much easier to pass a slow moving bicyclist than a slow moving horse trailer or trailer boat as the case may be.

I rode Independence Pass from Twin Lakes to Aspen several years ago. I didn't hold up a single motorist for more than a few seconds. On the downhill into Aspen I was held up for long stretches by cars. I passed a few, but not one made an effort to move over for me. I didn't get worked up about it.

I mentioned earlier that I knew full well coming into this thread what would happen. I offer that every single thread started on the internet is for attention. Attention in the form of conversation. Would you start threads if you knew nobody would respond?

I do have an accidental death rider on my life insurance policy. I have told my wife that if someone was negligent in killing me she should use the extra money on the accidental death insurance to sue the. Ultimately that is up to her. Why is that a problem? I don't want to be sued for what little I have, so I don't drive negligently. I am having a hard time seeing how that's a point of contention at all.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/29/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Birdwatcher

Exactly.

You are at liberty not to crash the spread you know?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And when it's right before sundown and bunch of bicyclists are riding the white line on a highway with a mile of people just trying to get home(or to wherever) backed up behind them that's okay?

Talk about creating a problem.

Call me bubba all you want but people trying to get chit done shouldn't be held up by a bunch of FUUCKING idiots trying to get some exercise.

Ride your bike down the damn railroad tracks.

Last edited by SamOlson; 09/29/16.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xarcher
So bicyclists are arrogant, elitists, self absorbing, road hogs, stop sign runners, royalty, dangerous, and on and on. Duly noted. No chance any motorist would ever go over the posted speed limit, tailgate, roll a stop sign, cut a corner in the opposing lane, not use a turn signal, ride without a seatbelt, text, phone, blast the the radio, drive drunk, pass in a no passing zone or cut someone off. EVER. wink

I have been biking the white line on a straight road then get passed and cut off by motorist with the horn blaring. Nearly ran me off the road intentionally. No other traffic, no hill, no curb, no reason to do that other than to be an azzzzhuel. Bubba didn't realize that in addition to being arrogant, self absorbing elitists, bicyclists can read a license plate number.

Are you suggesting that the very people bitching about bicyclists breaking the law might break the law too. That's troll talk 'round these parts. More and more bicyclists are riding with video cameras these days.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Recreating(slowly) on a highway has got to be one of the most retarded ideas of all-time.

Maybe that's why the locals never do it?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And when it's right before sundown and bunch of bicyclists are riding the white line on a highway with a mile of people just trying to get home(or to wherever) backed up behind them.

Call me bubba all you want but people trying to get chit done shouldn't be held up by a bunch of FUUCKING idiots trying to get some exercise.

I am struggling to visualize a one mile bicycle induced traffic jam in Montana.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We feel sorry for bicyclists up here.

Most often they have lost their licence to drive an actual vehicle.

Its nice when winter comes and the cyclists go home.

I guess its not cool to bike wearing your Carhartts.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Recreating on a highway has got to be one of the most retarded ideas of all-time.

Maybe that's why the locals never do it?

I have encountered bicyclists on the highway before. I have never had the issues going around them that you have. Maybe it's a you thing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We feel sorry for bicyclists up here.

Most often they have lost their licence to drive an actual vehicle.

Its nice when winter comes and the cyclists go home.

I guess its not cool to bike wearing your Carhartts.

Coming soon to a winter road near you.....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by muffin; 09/29/16.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And when it's right before sundown and bunch of bicyclists are riding the white line on a highway with a mile of people just trying to get home(or to wherever) backed up behind them.

I am struggling to visualize a one mile bicycle induced traffic jam in Montana.

Not surprised.

Highway 2 is a peaceful little two lane.....

Maybe there is a reason why we try to move large farm equipment at 4-5 AM rather than 5 PM on a Friday afternoon.

The herds of ass phags peddling through during harvest must especially stupid.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn and blast!

Winter bikes?

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 09/29/16.

I am MAGA.
Page 15 of 43 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.