Hop To
Page 16 of 43 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 42 43
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
And when it's right before sundown and bunch of bicyclists are riding the white line on a highway with a mile of people just trying to get home(or to wherever) backed up behind them.

Call me bubba all you want but people trying to get chit done shouldn't be held up by a bunch of FUUCKING idiots trying to get some exercise.

Ride your bike down the damn railroad tracks.

I am struggling to visualize a one mile bicycle induced traffic jam in Montana.

Not surprised.

Highway 2 is a peaceful little two lane.....

Maybe there is a reason why we try to move large farm equipment at 4-5 AM rather than 5 PM on a Friday afternoon.

The herds of ass phags peddling through during harvest must especially stupid.

I am sorry that their actions are so hurtful to you. Rest assured, I don't hold folks up for more than a few seconds.

BP-B2

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
And when it's right before sundown and bunch of bicyclists are riding the white line on a highway with a mile of people just trying to get home(or to wherever) backed up behind them.

Call me bubba all you want but people trying to get chit done shouldn't be held up by a bunch of FUUCKING idiots trying to get some exercise.

But I have seen a cattle drive on MT state highway 278 (70 mph posted speed limit) that covered both lanes plus 50 feet on either side. Traffic had to come to a complete stop 300 head of cattle strolled around the stopped cars. Anybody bitchin about that?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Big groups of them make me wish I had a GD snowplow sometimes. They're usually the types whose Prius' have "13.1" decals on the back.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by xarcher
I have been biking the white line on a straight road then get passed and cut off by motorist with the horn blaring.

The one thing that pizzes me off about bicyclists, more than anything else, is they will "ride the line" - even with a complete lane on the right ("parking lane")

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did they have flaggers and were the cows(and workers) out there for recreation purposes?

We used to move cows across Highway 2 but it has become to dangerous/busy that we no longer risk it.

Takes more time but we corral and trailer them to the next pasture.

Trust me dealing with highways is not something I look forward too when becoming 'the pain in the ass'.

People becoming 'the pain in the ass'(on purpose and for fun) annoy me and apparently most everyone else.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But I have seen a cattle drive on MT state highway 278 (70 mph posted speed limit) that covered both lanes plus 50 feet on either side. Traffic had to come to a complete stop 300 head of cattle strolled around the stopped cars. Anybody bitchin about that?

[bleep] around on the highway is one thing, thinking you belong there is another.

I hate cows, unless I am eating it. Then I love them.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I have been biking the white line on a straight road then get passed and cut off by motorist with the horn blaring.

The one thing that pizzes me off about bicyclists, more than anything else, is they will "ride the line" - even with a complete lane on the right ("parking lane")

Trust me. There was only gravel, grass and a ditch to my right.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[/quote]But I have seen a cattle drive on MT state highway 278 (70 mph posted speed limit) that covered both lanes plus 50 feet on either side. Traffic had to come to a complete stop 300 head of cattle strolled around the stopped cars. Anybody bitchin about that? [/quote]

The only time we put cattle on the highway (intentionally) is when there is no other practical way to get "there" from "here"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's a consideration I had, and NOT the source of my bitchin' smile

See - pavement to the right!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neither cows or bicycles belong on a highway.

If you have to be there, be considerate. Acting like you belong there with either is a sure path to douchebaggery.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Amen.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by mark shubert
[/quote]But I have seen a cattle drive on MT state highway 278 (70 mph posted speed limit) that covered both lanes plus 50 feet on either side. Traffic had to come to a complete stop 300 head of cattle strolled around the stopped cars. Anybody bitchin about that?

The only time we put cattle on the highway (intentionally) is when there is no other practical way to get "there" from "here" [/quote]

Not doubting that is the best way to run the cattle drive. Actually I believe cattle drives on the highway is somehow covered under the rules of free ranging. Just like biking is permitted by state law subject to the rules of the road.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Flaggers front and back is the only way we move them on the pavement.

You couldn't beat me hard enough to try Highway 2 with cows.

I wish I had a Walmart on both sides of me, would cut the traffic down nicely.

Maybe bicyclists should be required to have flaggers front and back? They might get a group rate on pilot cars.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If you have to be there, be considerate. Acting like you belong there with either is a sure path to douchebaggery.

One difference is in many cases the Rancher probably owned the road, before the state cut his ranch in half...........

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Paul guy has proven hisself to be downright "special", ain't he.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by MadMooner

One difference is in many cases the Rancher probably owned the road, before the state cut his ranch in half...........

We have two highways and a set of busy railroad tracks running through our home place.

That doesn't count power lines, fiber optic, gas lines and buried power not to mention a fricken river for a boundary.

And an airport is a mile away.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Traffic is actually getting so bad that I would seriously recommend that all future bicycle trips to the area be cancelled ASAP.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

Sound advice.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, I'm sure you've noticed the same thing lately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't mind cyclists as long as they do what I've always done when biking.... don't pretend you're the equal of a 2-ton vehicle. (Oh, and when the signs say "Bicycles use sidewalk", I resent the idiots who drive down one of the two narrow, curbed lanes of the in-town roads.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 16 of 43 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.