Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
aw comme on, you know tecate is rumored to have had fat mexicans peeing into the brew for export to the norte americanos.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only wall that will stop the illegals will be land mines and snipers. That would be cheaper and more effective than what's been proposed so far.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The only wall that will stop the illegals will be land mines and snipers. That would be cheaper and more effective than what's been proposed so far.

+1 ... That would work. As to the cost of an effective wall estimates for what's been proposed are $3 - $5 Billion.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The only thing that's gonna stop illegal immigration is enforcing the law...stiffer penalties/fines for people/businesses aiding and abetting...I've read that only about 40% of the problem is from people crossing the border illegally and the rest is from people who've entered legally but over stayed and decided to set up housekeeping...without jobs or a place to live, there would be no problem other than the mules hotfooting drugs across the border...I'm kind of surprised the cartels haven't learned how to fly drones...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wasn't really serious about shooting them as they come across. I was just making a point that a wall is useless. The only fix is to make it impossible for them to live and work here.
We need to crack down HARD on those who knowingly hire illegals, and that includes those in government. Large fines and jail time would be appropriate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I wasn't really serious about shooting them as they come across. I was just making a point that a wall is useless. The only fix is to make it impossible for them to live and work here.
We need to crack down HARD on those who knowingly hire illegals, and that includes those in government. Large fines and jail time would be appropriate.

And the drugs?

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Cost....

Hell it cost a billion or more just for 24" high K-rail, not including transportation, hardware, equipment and labor for installation...

The 12 Billion is Trump's estimate... most others put the cost at between 20 and 30 Billion, and I don't think anyone has actually figured out how it would be done!

Phil

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hillary has,a wall around her house. I guess that's because it doesn't work. Jerusalem also has a wall. So did Berlin...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Enforce the law, make the jobs go away, and the wall would only slow them down on the way returning south.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enforce the law, that's the solution.

The wall is the largest expenditure imaginable for the smallest return. Over 90% of illegal aliens came here legally and over-stayed their visa. No wall is ever going to stop that.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Berlin wall, what maybe 100 miles long and where the real threat was being shot on sight... wall construction wasn't the deterrence, but being dead, and even that didn't stop the attempts.

Israel isn't any better... wouldn't work here.

The Great Wall of China would be a better example of what would be needed, and that took nearly 1,800 years and some 25% of the country's' population to build. Not to mention it was more that 1,000 years ago that it was built.

Would be a Huge endeavor, one not likely to be done in modern times, except in someone's imagination!

Phil

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
use the koreas for an example. two low walls, 600 feet apart with a no-mans-land in between. you go there, you die.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever the cost it will be cheaper than the cost of illegal immigration at it's continued rate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we really wanted to address the problem, then we'd go about fixing it properly.

We'd set up an efficient and effective guest worker program. They would pay income tax. Employers that hired illegals would be treated like someone a non registered NFA item. We would not provide social services for illegals and guest workers, i.e. medical and schooling. We would only allow citizenship to be granted to babies that had at least one citizen as a parent. Illegals would be quickly processed and repatriated. The war on drugs would be conducted as a war, and those identified as enemy combatants would be treated as such, either shot and killed or put into a POW camp.

Make it so it's not attractive, profitable or safe to enter illegally, and 90+% of the problem will go away.

But government isn't about solving problems, it's about creating never ending bureaucracy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The only Wall that will slow the flood of illegal immigrants is Prison Walls for the employers that keep hiring Illegals.

If they have no jobs here they'll have no reason to come here.

Clarify the 14 amendment so children of Illegal immigrants born on this side of the border aren't automatically granted citizenship.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
The Cost....

Hell it cost a billion or more just for 24" high K-rail, not including transportation, hardware, equipment and labor for installation...

The 12 Billion is Trump's estimate... most others put the cost at between 20 and 30 Billion, and I don't think anyone has actually figured out how it would be done!

Phil

There is a huge problem here in the US, if folks think they can't figure out how it would be done. A wall is easy to build.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
458 Lott read my mind.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
aw comme on, you know tecate is rumored to have had fat mexicans peeing into the brew for export to the norte americanos.

What?! I thought that was Corona! OMG i'm going to be sick! blush grin

Tecate is like PBR, just like Beer, only cheaper! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Berlin wall, what maybe 100 miles long and where the real threat was being shot on sight... wall construction wasn't the deterrence, but being dead, and even that didn't stop the attempts.

Israel isn't any better... wouldn't work here.

If you work and pay taxes then you helped pay for the wall the Jews put up around Israel

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.