Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't hate anybody of any particular religion. I just don't like any kind of religion is all.

Old saying: "The only difference between the Church, dope dealers, and insurance companies is that two of them are legal and one of them ain't."

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This may anger some, bore others and some may agree with it, but Tolstoy wrote a story about religions a while ago. It's a bit longer than the average gun magazine article nowadays but not too long.

The Coffee-House of Surat

As an interesting aside, a student of Confucius is a central figure in the story. In The Book of Chuang Tzu, a Taoist reference, the central figure makes fun of Confucians. And the world keeps turning...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cisco1

I have no use for organized religion.

Neither do I. What does have to do with being a Christian?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NeBassman
I don't hate anybody based on their beliefs. It's not what you believe that defines who you are, it's what you do that does.

There are good and bad people in all types of faiths. The ones that I like are respectful, wouldn't even think about taking what is not rightfully theirs, they are helpful, caring, and generally an asset to society most of the time. The ones I don't like are the polar opposite.

For me it is not what you believe that matters, it's what you do that matters.

Best reply I have seen.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Are you faking persecution to get attention?
He was a cop. He doesn't have to fake persecution.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It seems that Americans are not fit for freedom anymore.
That says a complicated thing simply and well.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Everything you need to know about religion.

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's Chosen People.
2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world.
4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store, Hooters or Twin Peaks.
Never been in a Twin Peaks,assuming it's a bar/restaurant.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tebow thread? I guess I am behind on my reading.

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

Don't ask, don't tell, huh?

Freedom of religion meets freedom of speech.

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.
Sounds like the "azzhole mantra" and censureship. The same could be said of another person's spouse, kids, job, house, things, politics, etc. BUT few people except the biggest wretched azzholes would ever criticize any of those, and it takes an even more wretched special azzhole to do the same related to another person's faith.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The difference is what I'm NOT, and that's a hypocrite.
BS. You just refuse to see and acknowledge your hypocrisy. There is not a person alive or dead who has not been hypocritical about some thing and things, except Christ. I know that will get you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate anyone who tries to take down our country or tries to take my guns. I don't give a dam about their religion or lack of it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't hate Christians, just people that claim to be Christians that flat out aren't. It started with my own grandparents and the way they would thump their bibles and chit on my mom and my brothers and sisters. There was not a damn thing Christian about it. The dumbass walking around the station trying to get a bible study going in the station 10 minutes after watching the news and talking about jigaboo and beaner trouble makers that should all be shot. His words.
All the others that look down on you for not being saved or worse, Catholic.
Now 2-3 of my favorite people I worked with were devout and what I considered examples of what I am told Christianity is supposed to be. They were strong decisive leaders yet humble and kind and respectful to all. They could mix in with the heathens at the station yet stay who they were at all times. I never saw them sway from their beliefs. They always made it clear who the real Christians were versus the hypochristians I worked around.
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, who do you all hate more?

Christians that aren't fitting your respective view of Christians or Republicans that aren't fitting your respective view of Republicans?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
And the world keeps turning...

it's good to keep that thought in mind. it has helped me get through some rough days.

another way of looking at it is that this too shall pass.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RWE
So, who do you all hate more?

Christians that aren't fitting your respective view of Christians or Republicans that aren't fitting your respective view of Republicans?

Make it harder: liberal dimocraps or christians?

Ok, now then : christians or jihadists?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to be a stinker, how about if we make that Crusaders or Jihadis?

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by achadwick
To my Christian brethren:

The gospel itself is deeply offensive to everyone, us included obviously. No need to make it even more so by our behavior.

I agree. The greatest offense the Christian Church gives to the world is the relentless 24-hour 7-day-a-week prostitution of grace on international TV by men like Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Rod Parsley and on and on and on.

And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Grace is supposed to mark our every thought word and deed.

Spot on, Robert. Those shysters and others are the worst.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just to be a stinker, how about if we make that Crusaders or Jihadis?

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".

...or jumbo shrimp?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's easy to be suspect of businesses that exploit the name of Christianity by placing it on their advertising on their trucks, business cards, printed ads, etc. they may be serious, or they might be taking advantage of an increased opportunity for sales.

in the marketplace, it's difficult for me to differentiate between and among the various beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rphguy
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

That's really funny coming from a Young Earth Creationist.

You know as well as I do there is more evidence for a young earth than there is for an old earth. We all have the same evidence. It is a matter of our starting point that decides what we ultimately believe.

really? more evidence for a young earth?
are you talking about only the earth being less than 10,000 years old or "all of creation" being less than 10,000 years?
or are you talking a "man being here less than 10,000 years"?

Consider the amount of sedimentation in the ocean, the dust on the moon, the closeness of the moon to the earth based on the Roshe Limit, the amount of debris in the solar system based on the Robertson/Pointeen effect, the amount of helium in deep core rocks, the tree rings in all the petrified trees in the world, the carbon14 in all samples of coal, oil, fossil, the soft tissue in dinosaur bones, the Glacier Girl air plane, and a host of others.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Religion attracts fruit loops who need direction they cannot themselves provide. I don't hate Christians; can't live in the South without participating in the primary social institution! I do mentally back away from Jesus freaks, though, the same as I do a special needs kid who wants to give me a hug.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,865
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.