Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject.

I actually like discussing my faith with an atheist as long as we can both speak respectfully to each other.

I added a few more notes to the discussion...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate? Naw, I'll leave that up to the liberals. And non-bicycle riders. And Hillary voters. And, and, and...

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they're Godless commies grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of li those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

Ha that reminds me:

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Because they're Godless commies grin

Hell yeah!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that holds true for some of them that i know; but, it doesn't hold true for all of them that i know.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
efw, That's funny.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
both sides of the atheist vs. hindu/christian/muslim/buddhist? debate are offering up positions that neither side can possibly prove, or disprove. they're sayin' here's what i know, and this is what i believe, and out of that synthesis, here is my world view, and if you disagree strongly enough, i'll reject your viewpoint. it's really that simple, no?

it's a continuum, from very basic religious beliefs all the way to the far right which is very hard-core atheistic beliefs. we all fall on the continumn at some point. (i wish i could spell better).

one thing for sure, we're all breathing the same air, drinking the same water, and walking on the same ground. a space alien might conclude everyone down on the earth is just alike. they're all clones of each other. there's a male species & a female species, and they interbreed to cause a new little human to appear on the earth, in one sex or the other. and the Creator said:"this is good." but wait, who is this creator dude of which you speak?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO, everyone doesn't hate atheists. I sure don't - some probably do, but none of my friends hate atheists. Then again, it seems like some atheists hate themselves. Go figure !

As a young adult still in college, I learned some things observing an older neighbor fellow. He shared my concerns about the lousy behavior of our common landlord. On one occasion, he professed: "I don't hate her - not at all - but I sure do despise a lot of what comes out of her."

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of like those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

Well they/we could go door to door trying to talk people out of their beliefs. But the fact is they/we don't. I was responding to the claim that atheists somehow block someone's beliefs. For the vast majority of us - we don't. No one would know I was an atheist unless they were to ask about my thoughts on religion. Tho sometimes when people start talking about god in a social situation, if I feel comfortable with them, I will sometimes ask them with a big smile, "To what god are you referring? Man has conjured up so many of them."

Last edited by cooper57m; 09/29/16.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

I hate em because their too stupid for their own good under the guise of superior intelligence. crazy

Plus, I don't like Godless anything.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And here I was thinking it's because they wear gay spandex and ride their bicycles in the road.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cooper, I understand where you're coming from and have friends like you. I'm a Christian but I sure ain't a preachy one, in fact I can't stand preachy Christians. I don't trust preachy Christians, they're the ones that have f'd me over the worst. The best examples (to my mind) in my life were some rough men that weren't prototypical bible thumpers. Their words were tough, their breath tainted with whiskey but their actions spoke their faith.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Cooper, I understand where you're coming from and have friends like you. I'm a Christian but I sure ain't a preachy one, in fact I can't stand preachy Christians. I don't trust preachy Christians, they're the ones that have f'd me over the worst. The best examples (to my mind) in my life were some rough men that weren't prototypical bible thumpers. Their words were tough, their breath tainted with whiskey but their actions spoke their faith.

And don't EVER trust a mother-fu-ker that wont cuss. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Because they claim to not believe in something you'd have to believe in to pretend you don't believe in it?

Sadly, that makes as much sense as anything you've ever said.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gunner, I learned that early on. I remember helping my pastor when I was young, he knew I loved to hunt and took me on some epic pheasant hunts but this one Saturday I was helping him build the new daycare. Pastor had a few too many beers during the course of the day and managed to get the dozer stuck. The words he said that day I don't remember but the realization that you could be rough and real with your words and still be an example of a great human being still remains. He said to me one day "wherever and whenever you feel like talking to God, God wants to hear from you. It doesn't matter where or how or the words you use, just talk to him. It doesn't matter if you're sitting on the toilet and the only words you know are cuss words, just talk to him. Promise me you'll always talk to God." I promised him and I never forgot his words.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gunner, I learned that early on. I remember helping my pastor when I was young, he knew I loved to hunt and took me on some epic pheasant hunts but this one Saturday I was helping him build the new daycare. Pastor had a few too many beers during the course of the day and managed to get the dozer stuck. The words he said that day I don't remember but the realization that you could be rough and real with your words and still be an example of a great human being still remains. He said to me one day "wherever and whenever you feel like talking to God, God wants to hear from you. It doesn't matter where or how or the words you use, just talk to him. It doesn't matter if you're sitting on the toilet and the only words you know are cuss words, just talk to him. Promise me you'll always talk to God." I promised him and I never forgot his words.

LOL, same here Aces, actions stomp the mortal chit out of the most eloquent professional professed speak!

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes they do!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know any atheists. Leastwise, not that I know of.

And again I don't hate anyone.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JFC!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
128 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.