Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
what is the sound of one hand clapping?

It sounds like this:

i have pondered the answer to that question from the very first time i ever heard of it.

and now i know the answer, thanks to AS, the internet, youtube, and the poster to youtube. the dots are beginning to connect in order to answer more and more questions.

the next thing one might know is that there'll be "definitive" proof of the sinking of Atlantis. i can't wait.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HawkI
The problem with athiests is that the Bill of Rights is gospel while the Constitution is unfounded gibberish, simply by self-serving fiat.

The problem with atheists, as christians, is the ones with chips on their shoulder.

There's atheists who like to go about their lives and not bother others or meddle with the affairs of others. There's atheists who see "IN God We Trust" on our money and are OK with that. Then there's the ones that see that as some sort of sleight, and THOSE [bleep] contact the FFRF and ACLU and start lawsuits.

Other than some good natured ribbing on here, I could give a [bleep] about the topic. I kinda almost wish there was a hell for militant atheists to go to for being real [bleep] by filing lawsuits and such. Just as I wish there was a hell for some self-proclaimed christians to go to who can't seem to minds their own business like some of the atheists.

At least in my own experience, once you let go of the shackles of religion, there's a period where you're angry because you were lied to. By society, by your parents, by ones you trusted. So I see where the chip on the shoulder comes from. That was me for a very short time about a decade ago. Then I realized, like any group of people, there's some bad apples in the atheist and christian groups, and it is best to go on and live your life and not worry about.

I think the FFRF gives atheists a really bad name. I think televangelist preachers raking in millions a year and flying around in private jets gives christians a bad name. I think cops shooting a suspect where it turns out to later be unjustified gives cops a bad rep.

Hey man, go live you life. I'll still shidtpost here from time to time just to see how Ringman tries to bend over backwards to explain humans and dinosaurs having sexual relations.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
[
The problem with atheists, as christians, is the ones with chips on their shoulder.

Nailed it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't hate atheists at all. God will deal with them when their time comes. smile

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Atheists think freedom of religion means freedom from religion.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by HawkI
The problem with athiests is that the Bill of Rights is gospel while the Constitution is unfounded gibberish, simply by self-serving fiat.

I'll still shidtpost here from time to time just to see how Ringman tries to bend over backwards to explain humans and dinosaurs having sexual relations.

omg! humans having sex with a snake is one thing, but with dinasoars? (i wish i could spell better).

that'd mean or might mean, that humans (post-modern day types), have an old brain of the dinosauric type, and a modern (post-modern?), objective reality type. the two co-existing in one skull. is that what der ringman is proposing?

i can't hardly comprehend what all of this potential hybridization might mean? Dolly the sheep was one thing, but humans blended with dinersoars? (see, i still can't spell correctly).

its looking like we're going to have to divide everyone into two groups. those on the one hand who believe x,y,z; and on the other hand those who believe a,b,c.

i'm quite undecided due to lack of sufficient info to come to a conclusion. don't wanna leave out anything/solution that's possible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sharpsman, I am (or at least was) a pilot. And a non-believer. But we've never met, so you could still be right.

I am convinced that religion is a hard-wired genetic attribute of humans. Every culture makes up its own god(s) and its own beliefs. Many of them make up their own books about it. Every single one of them create their gods in their own image, no two of which are remotely alike.

But none of it makes god a reality.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Atheists think freedom of religion means freedom from religion.

It certainly includes it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by sbhooper
They have their right to opinions, but they do not have the right to block others from theirs! THAT is the problem that I have with them, homos etc. Do what you want and believe what you want, but leave others alone in the process.

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs? When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize? When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs? Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

To answer the OP's question; because they have more fun and their Sundays are free!

Nailed It!

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

If you were driving down the road, and someone warned you that a bridge ahead were out, would you assume they did that out of hate?

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dassa

If you were driving down the road, and someone warned you that a bridge ahead were out, would you assume they did that out of hate?

but you can prove the bridge is out...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by toad

Only if you drive up and look. Otherwise you'd have to take the guy's word for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by toad

Only if you drive up and look. Otherwise you'd have to take the guy's word for it.

Unless I've been down that road before and know there's no bridge on it. Then I know he's just delusional.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

If it's "the truth", show us your evidence.

If you can't prove this claim, than it's just an empty threat to try and create converts for your religion.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you can't prove this claim, than it's just an empty threat to try and create converts for your religion.

Just look at the world around you... the plants, the animals, the mountains, the rivers, the seas, the 4 seasons, and tell me that it "just happened". Without a doubt, there is a higher power.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cherished beliefs (and self-worth and identity) aside, pointing out irrational thinking, inconsistencies, hypocrisy, pseudo-science and fallacious reasoning does not equal hate... smile

Even Jesus loved the Pnarisees.... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't hate atheists at all. God will deal with them when their time comes. smile

I ain't scared of the "boogy man" no more. laugh

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just look at the world around you... the plants, the animals, the mountains, the rivers, the seas, the 4 seasons, and tell me that it "just happened". Without a doubt, there is a higher power.

And there it is, folks!

The first circular argument from ignorance on this particular thread! grin

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Lol. I'm shocked it took this long.

BTW- What is an atheist? Simply someone that doesn't believe in God, or a God? Can an atheist be someone that believes in a higher undefined power but rejects mainstream religious thought and tenants?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,106
Posts18,464,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.