Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Everyone has a right to have their own opinions my friend. I spent a lot of years and I now suffer every day because I defended those rights.

I believe hate is an terrible word and an emotion I refuse to participate.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Gus
what does that fruit taste like? anyone know for sure?

Gus, obviously Adam's travails were not a lesson to you. LOL here.

yeah, yeah, i get it. so, would have the nw usa apple industry been as successful if eve (ha-vah in the hebrew) hadn't coerced her mate, Adam in taking a sample to see how it was?

I think a better question was what kind of apple was it? If it was just some crappy red delicious I'm sure he was p.o.ed he got evicted for that. A really good Fuji or Gala he might not have felt so bad. Unfortunately, the good book is silent in that regard.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sbhooper
They have their right to opinions, but they do not have the right to block others from theirs! THAT is the problem that I have with them, homos etc. Do what you want and believe what you want, but leave others alone in the process.

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs? When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize? When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs? Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

To answer the OP's question; because they have more fun and their Sundays are free!

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs? When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize? When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs? Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

To answer the OP's question; because they have more fun and their Sundays are free!

This makes perfect sense to me. Christians have all kinds of skewed notions about an atheists 'beliefs' and therein lies the rub...the atheist has no beliefs. Simple as that.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Because they smell funny.

That's the sulfur getting a head start.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Because they claim to not believe in something you'd have to believe in to pretend you don't believe in it?

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus
what does that fruit taste like? anyone know for sure?

Gus, obviously Adam's travails were not a lesson to you. LOL here.

yeah, yeah, i get it. so, would have the nw usa apple industry been as successful if eve (ha-vah in the hebrew) hadn't coerced her mate, Adam in taking a sample to see how it was?

I think a better question was what kind of apple was it? If it was just some crappy red delicious I'm sure he was p.o.ed he got evicted for that. A really good Fuji or Gala he might not have felt so bad. Unfortunately, the good book is silent in that regard.

i never was enamored of a red delicious apple. the russet golden delicious apple variety had just the right amount of juice, acidity, and flavor. but anyways, oral tradition went on for possibly thousands of years before the Scribes began to put things to paper (er, tablet). a lot of the finer details might have gotten lost in the process since we all agree nothing is perfect. i do like the idea that the best apple varieties sell the best overall.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Because they ask hard questions and seek answers using the scientific method, not through a book written by men and supposedly ghostwritten by a sky fairy?

There's your answer.

Making fun of and belittling what is most dear to a person never results in good will.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Because they ask hard questions and seek answers using the scientific method, not through a book written by men and supposedly ghostwritten by a sky fairy?

There's your answer.

Making fun of and belittling what is most dear to a person never results in good will.

this post spells out exactly the essence of the conflict that we are facing. and can we solve it? not likely in the near term.

folks who hold near & dear to their beliefs hold them sacred, and without contradiction. i understand that. i think many of us do. it's part of our underlying structure.

however, there's folks who have a different perspective, a different understanding of the interpreted truth. but, how can that be?

what is the sound of one hand clapping? that pretty much sums it up, and we have to call upon the Zen buddhists to help us through this difficult impasse.

to agree to disagree, what a concept.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by sbhooper
They have their right to opinions, but they do not have the right to block others from theirs! THAT is the problem that I have with them, homos etc. Do what you want and believe what you want, but leave others alone in the process.

How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of li those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

Gee, I don't know about that, I'm agnostic and I would have to see I see a lot more hate coming from atheists geared towards Christians.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Love and faith don't lend themselves well to scientific methodology.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Because they smell funny.

I was in downtown seattle week before last. The whole place smelled like a combination of sewage and a sack of onions.

Atheists!

It smells leaps and bounds better than any other big city I've ever been in. And yeah, stay away from all the homeless the mayor and governor are importing and it won't smell as much. Try Bellevue instead.

Bellevue smells like cougars and money!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject...

But a more complicated answer would be that all humans alive today have evolved from genetic groups that formed around a unifying principle of a higher power. That "belief in a god" allowed those societies to unify in larger groups that gave their group an edge in a fight for survival. After a few generations, the "belief in a higher-power based on faith" became a genetic pre-disposition.

Those that adopted the "faith" survived and those that didn't were outcast as non-believers or killed by the larger and more unified group.

It's the result of the application of basic Pavlovian and Skinnerian conditioning principles applied over the centuries and generations to a genetically receptive population.

Witness that Religion was originally invented as a form of government and societal control...that's not disputable.

The Athiests, being the heretics, witches and outcasts that resisted being controlled, as a result became subject to being slaughtered, as the Catholics did for centuries and millennia, and as the Islamists are doing right now, even as we speak...convert or die will tend to make a true believer out of you right quick!

Now if the atheists/heretics could figure out how to collect taxes/tributes to a God that they say doesn't exist they might have a chance to prosper or just mere survival...well... anyone can see the intrinsic problem inherent in that scenario!

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

Gee, I don't know about that, I'm agnostic and I would have to see I see a lot more hate coming from atheists geared towards Christians.

that's probably true. but it's not more hate. it's just that in terms of proportional numbers, they are being attacked in greater numbers than they are attacking religious folks (christians, hindus, islam, etc.).

like folks who are dealing with carrying out their role as god's agents, the atheists feel under attack. and they're clearly in the minority. like a christian in a muslim community in the middle east, for example.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the lack of big pope hats. atheists need big hats and maybe some gaudy robes and incense burners to sling about.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Because they claim to not believe in something you'd have to believe in to pretend you don't believe in it?

Yes. Just like the Easter Bunny, obviously.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Why would anybody hate atheist? (Other than in defense of the fact that atheist hate everybody else.)

I dunno? I just hear folks telling them they are going to hell. Seems odd to me too. But then, people are often odd.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rem141r
the lack of big pope hats. atheists need big hats and maybe some gaudy robes and incense burners to sling about.

in order to be included (inclusive?) as a worthy minority, perhaps they should. and then i laugh.

i've lobbied my friends in the catholic realm to please get rid of the big hats, and gaudy robes, and slinging the incense burners so aggressively.

my goodness, we're in the postmodern world now. we've got the internet, NASA gives us a picture of the Globe floating in space, spinning on it's axis, night & day, night & day, over and over. and the Sun never shuts down.

wonder when the rank & file will catch up with the realization of what a marvelous creation is happening before our very eyes?

further, i would say nary a preacher can drive a new cadillac until every member in his congregation has one of their own. only then, can he/she/they have one. (right now, a lot of stuff is just pure-arse back-assards).

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject.

I actually like discussing my faith with an atheist as long as we can both speak respectfully to each other.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,505
Posts18,452,557
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.