-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still waiting for my order from the week before last. How tough can it be to ship a music CD?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Still waiting for my order from the week before last. How tough can it be to ship a music CD?

I waited 10 days for something shipped from 100 miles to my place. 10 days/100 miles.

And I work for the miserable azzholes.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BravoFoxtrot
Amazon makes buying stuff too easy and I love Prime. I bet we save the $99 fee in shipping costs within the first month. It sure beats driving into town when something we need is just a few clicks and a few days shipping away.

^^^THIS^^^

I love Prime! And I absolutely HATE driving to a store and going shopping!

Unless, of course, it's a Gun Store grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love me some Prime...

The 2 day shipping pays for the fees in no time for me and I get the video, music and book service.

Matter of fact, it's spoiled me. I ordered a couple of used pedals for my amp off of Reverb on Saturday (a compression and overdrive). The compression arrived on Wednesday--good deal. The overdrive didn't get here till the next Monday. 8 frickn days!?!

How dare they! grin

So, yeah. I'll happily pay the $8.50 month.

P.S. We all know Ingwe is a crotchety old codger, anyway...

Last edited by MojoHand; 09/29/16. Reason: Useless auto correct

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I use Amazon Prime....hate the $99 renewal fee in December...but

I use the Prime movies..music & 2 day shipping......

Along with three other family members using the 2 day shipping

So all in all $99 is a deal.....returns are especially easy...

Amazon is B I G..nice when you live 2 hrs from anywhere........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
As many of you pointed out, Prime can be a great deal if you order a lot of stuff.
I dont ( because as someone else pointed out, Im a cheap old bastid.
It was on an Amazon card, but that should have no bearing. Anyone else charges something on my card and its illegal...but its OK for them?

Nahhhhhhh....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I quit buying from them for the same reason. 10 days to ship in stock Item.

Originally Posted by MagMarc
I'm not buying anything else from them, if you're not a prime member they get in no hurry to ship. I ordered a new stand early this month that was in stock , a week later it still hadn't shipped and I cancelled it.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The last 3 months have been dismal for shipping. My whole town is on prime. They used to be lightning fast. Now, 10-20 days before they ship. Lots of chatter around town about it. Most are switching to Walmarts new service.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BravoFoxtrot
Amazon makes buying stuff too easy and I love Prime. I bet we save the $99 fee in shipping costs within the first month. It sure beats driving into town when something we need is just a few clicks and a few days shipping away.

^^^THIS^^^

I love Prime! And I absolutely HATE driving to a store and going shopping!

Unless, of course, it's a Gun Store grin

I'd love to not have to go to a gun store to buy guns like it used to be. Ship it to me, don't have to hassle with other humans that way..... alas....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I dumped Amazon Prime. The only reason I got in the first place was to watch some movies. It took me about a month to see those worth watching.

I recently heard that Amazon has moved its' operation to China. I've had some problems also lately. The quality of information been compromised.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
well, normally i am on your side, except when i am not. I have amazon prime, and am aware of the yearly fee. I believe it is in there when you sign up for it.
it gives me access to free shipping in some cases, has a movie segment like netflix for movies, t.v. programs, and a bunch of other things.
well worth that 9dollar a month fee.
Having said that i was fully aware of the charge, and the renewal method when i did it.
I get the same kind of renewal fee, hits my credit card, for the visa card issued/membership fee for sam's club. And there are others that do that.

Yeah, somewhere in everyone's thrown away paperwork they tell you it will be billed on the card automatically.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
well, normally i am on your side, except when i am not. I have amazon prime, and am aware of the yearly fee. I believe it is in there when you sign up for it.
it gives me access to free shipping in some cases, has a movie segment like netflix for movies, t.v. programs, and a bunch of other things.
well worth that 9dollar a month fee.
Having said that i was fully aware of the charge, and the renewal method when i did it.
I get the same kind of renewal fee, hits my credit card, for the visa card issued/membership fee for sam's club. And there are others that do that.

This^^^^ It's a rare day we don't get at least one package from Amazon. For us, Prime is a bargain. We don't seem to have problems with Amazon. We get most stuff in two days which is often sooner than I would have a chance to go get something. It's way faster and cheaper than driving. My times worth to much to me to go fack around in stores.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many items on Amazon are not sold or even fulfilled by Amazon, and with such items shipping can take a long time. I have Prime and shipping is quick if you make sure the item is in stock and at least fulfilled by Amazon. I even get items delivered on Sunday. The first few times I saw the expected delivery day being Sunday I figured it was an error, but not anymore.

If you sign up for Prime it auto renews each year, same as many other services.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The automatic renewal is pretty well spelled out when you sign up. Also, they send multiple emails a good ways out prior to charging the renewal. Or at least this has been my experience.

Also, one must look at the vendors when ordering. And also, select how you want stuff to ship. If you order multiple things fro, multiple vendors, they will condense the orders to as few boxes as possible, there by increasing shipping waits at times.

I love Amazon Prime as you can probably tell...currently they are 7 days from the buy button until the box shows up on this tiny island I am currently on.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
The automatic renewal is pretty well spelled out when you sign up. Also, they send multiple emails a good ways out prior to charging the renewal. Or at least this has been my experience.

I'll admit that the "auto renew" verbiage may have been in the original sign up, and I just missed it or forgot about it... However, I was 100% unaware of the auto renewal charge until I received the notification from the non-Amazon credit card company that the charge had been posted against my account. If there were any emails prior to that posting, they went into the spam filter / junk email / or bit bucket...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I also seem to recall a pop-up on the site when logging in close to the renewal date.

At any rate, it is cheap, IMO.

By the time one pays for shipping and/or factors all the streaming music, videos, shows, books, etc...it is a good deal.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Is Amazon turning a profit....yet?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for now I am a big Amazon fan.

Amazon is only going to become more ingrained in our lives once they replace UPS and Fedex. The skies will be filled with Amazon drones dropping off packages in 5 years - it will be like pizza delivery

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One aspect of a Prime membership I over looked for years, is the free unlimited digital photo backup. I only print a small percentage of the pics I take and am uber paranoid about loosing them in a computer crash. So, I back them up with Prime Photo and another service.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there are a lot of vendors going through amazon, like midwayusa. I got to chasing some high grade chocolate from poland, wedel's chocolate, which is a family name. Found it on amazon. I have been searching for some revolver holsters, also on amazon, and a bunch of other stuff.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (2500HD, 204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.