Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Literally - no more pitbulls.....

Montreal city officials face backlash after passing a controversial piece of legislation that bans new ownership of pit bulls.

The breed-specific legislation is a result of a 37-23 vote.

The legislation could take effect for Montreal’s 19 boroughs as early as Oct. 3, according to spokeswoman for the Montreal SPCA.

The matter became a priority in June, when resident Christine Vadnais, 55, was mauled to death in her own home by her neighbor’s pit bull.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/montreal-passes-controversial-pit-bull-ban-article-1.2810041

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Wonder what those wiley Canucks will rename the breed?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get ready for Lots of [b][color:#3333FF]FAILURES[/color][/b] in Toronto..

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1 attempt, 8 seconds.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't assume this is just a bad joke and that it will fail. Next step is for PETA to affect local bans on my German Shorthaired Pointers.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe Denver had a ban on them for a number of years but now allows them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
1 attempt, 8 seconds.

yeah, but you're probably smarter than the average bear..

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was guessing between two and got lucky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fighting breeds, including: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog (Old Country bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary dog (Canary Island dog, Presa Canario, Perro de Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca de Bou), Tosa (Tosa inu, Tosa fighting dog, Japanese fighting dog, Japanese mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane di Macellaio, Sicilian branchiero), Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian mastiff

Should be shot on sight

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Get ready for Lots of [b][color:#3333FF]FAILURES[/color][/b] in Toronto..

The first dog you picked was American Pit Bull Terrier. It took you 0 seconds, and 1 attempt to find the Pit. The dog most commonly picked first is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the average time is -29 seconds with 8 attempts

Several on that page should be eliminated from society

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I moved here, the county had a ban on the breed I owned, in fact it still does.
I went to the Colorado state vet school and had them listed as Malamutes.
When I asked the vet, he said "Well they look like Malamutes, but I'll call them Cocker Spaniels if that's what you want".

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
they are too unpredictable, if I am around them I prefer to be armed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two pits attacked two teenage girls yesterday in Milwaukee, somehow injuries were not "life threatening" but hospitalization was required.

If you watch the news, the attacks seem to be almost weekly.

Enough.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When we moved to Australia we also moved our dog, which was a major piece of work both in time and money. As we went through the process the documentation made clear that any of the "bull" breeds were not allowed. Once we arrived, to our surprise, the majority of the dogs we saw were "bull" variants.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When home in Canada I live in a small town on the outskirts of Montreal. It will be more than interesting to see how the Montreal Police and the authorities really handle this come "D-Day". The Mayor of Montreal, Denis Coderre,t alks the talk a lot, but doesn't walk the walk a lot, if you get what I mean.

This decision came out of a string of maulings, and deaths from maulings.

This last one was the final kicker frown

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-woman-mauled-quebec-pit-bull-ban-1.3630599

Family of Montreal woman mauled by dog wants Quebec-wide pit bull ban

The family of a woman who was found dead after being mauled by a dog earlier this week wants pit bulls to be banned in Quebec.

Christiane Vadnais's body was found in her Pointe-aux-Trembles backyard Wednesday after the attack.

Her brother Serge Vadnais says the only way to prevent something similar from happening to someone else is to ban the breed.

"We will work … to push the government to change the law," he said. "As soon as possible, not in two years, now. We will change the law to limit the pit bull in Quebec, the same as in Ontario."

Pit bulls have been banned in Ontario since 2005.

Serge and Gaston Vadnais described their sister as someone who was full of life and always smiling.

She was one of 12 siblings. Her brothers last saw her a week ago at a family picnic.

She was a long-time and well-liked employee of Montreal's public transit agency, the STM.

Several of her co-workers were in shock after learning of her death Thursday morning, Radio-Canada reported.
Dog was left inside the house

Audrey Amzallag, a lawyer representing the dog owner, says on the day of the incident, her client left his dog inside the house and went to school.

"Was there some kind of break in the gate? All those questions are being asked to my client and my client unfortunately has no answers, because when he left for school, [the dog] was in the apartment," she told CBC's Homerun.

Lawyer Audrey Amzallag is representing the man whose dog attacked 55-year-old Christiane Vadnais Wednesday. (Radio-Canada)

She also said this isn't the first time the dog attacked someone. It had been aggressive in at least two other situations.

"One [incident] happened when the owner had tied his dog [outside] a dé​panneur [convenience store] ... on a post and from what I understand when he came back, [the dog] was on the jacket of an individual that he doesn't know," she said.

The dog also attacked the owner's cousin, because it thought the cousin was an intruder, she said.
Quebec studying the issue

The Quebec government announced Thursday it is creating a working group to review, and if necessary, overhaul the regulations surrounding the dogs.

Public Security Minister Martin Coiteux said he isn't ruling out banning the dogs, but that all options will be considered.

Pit bull ban in Quebec one of many possibilities, says public security minister

Montreal announced last month it would be creating regulations to deal with so-called "dangerous dogs" by 2018.
Atomic

Both the province and City of Montreal are considering banning pit bulls, but nothing has been finalized. (Alex Brockman/CBC)

Officials have said the municipal rules will also focus on educating the public on responsible pet ownership, including proper medical care and training.

The Montreal SPCA has said breed-specific legislation gives the public a false sense of security because it doesn't work and leads to non-aggressive dogs being targeted.

Last edited by Lynn; 09/30/16. Reason: Age
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I oppose the legislating of dog ownership.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so...... what are the cops gonna use for target practice now?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
fighting breeds, including: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog (Old Country bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary dog (Canary Island dog, Presa Canario, Perro de Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca de Bou), Tosa (Tosa inu, Tosa fighting dog, Japanese fighting dog, Japanese mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane di Macellaio, Sicilian branchiero), Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian mastiff

Should be shot on sight

This^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Ah, that reminds me of my time living in Atyrau Kazakhstan when I learned of the annual dog culling whilst sleeping in bed at 6:00 AM. Had me belly crawl to the window to discover the event. It was a sight to see. Most American's would have been lost on it... Just life outside the US, frankly.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Texans.

I hope...

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,059
Posts18,463,249
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.