Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have never heard of such a thing here, is it common over there?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Monsato and drones bro!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Scott F
You guys have no clue. I know it is a pain in the a$$ but try having ears that block even with tubes in both ears and fluid draining 24/7. Wake up in the morning and be stuck to your pillow because the fluid and blood soaked all the way through the cotton you put in the night before. Have it leak out your hearing aid and drip down onto your shirt. Hearing loss, fluctuating hearing for what hearing you have left and staggering vertigo. That is almost every day of my life.

Scott,
Do you have vertigo all the time? I started having vertigo 20 years ago during allergy season but I only got dizzy when my head was in a certain position. The doctor always said it was an inner ear problem caused by fluid imbalance in my ears and prescribed antihistamines which didn't help at all. Two years ago I went to a different doctor who finally figured out that I had positional vertigo that was caused by irregular sized calcium grains in my middle ear. Some of the calcium grains had gotten bigger and didn't roll around around the same as the smaller grains. This confuses your brain and it doesn't know which way is up. The first time it happened I would get instantly dizzy if I looked up and if I didn't grab ahold of something I would fall down. If I was laying on my back and rolled my head to the left the room would start spinning followed by instant nausea. Anyway to make a long story a little shorter he gave me a sheet of paper that showed some procedures that he said should retrain your brain for the changes in the your inner ear grains. Doing these procedures has always cleared up my vertigo in three days. I hope it works for you.

Victor

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bppv/home/home-pc.html

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yes, it is. Not just Ragweed, but all sorts of other pollens give a lot of people Hell.

I don't suffer those allergies anymore. My neighbor, then my Dr., suggested I find some local raw honey, that produced within 50 miles of where I lived, and have a tablespoon of it each day. Within a month I no longer suffered from any pollen allergies.

To the OP, I hope you get relief soon. I know how miserable it is.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 09/30/16. Reason: added text

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yes, it is. Not just Ragweed, but all sorts of other pollens give a lot of people Hell.

I don't suffer those allergies anymore. My neighbor, then my Dr., suggested I find some local raw honey, that produced within 50 miles of where I lived, and have a tablespoon of it each day. Within a month I no longer suffered from any pollen allergies.

To the OP, I hope you get relief soon. I know how miserable it is.

Ed

Hay-fever is common here with ryegrass and other allergens, but blocked ears is a new one on me.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

There is a sinus bug going around, and combine that with the late pollen and my ear plugged as well.

Most people I know that killed is sooner than others did the whiskey thing. A couple of others did the netty pot to clean out thier sinuses.

Nasty little bug

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by victoro

Scott,
Do you have vertigo all the time? I started having vertigo 20 years ago during allergy season but I only got dizzy when my head was in a certain position. The doctor always said it was an inner ear problem caused by fluid imbalance in my ears and prescribed antihistamines which didn't help at all. Two years ago I went to a different doctor who finally figured out that I had positional vertigo that was caused by irregular sized calcium grains in my middle ear. Some of the calcium grains had gotten bigger and didn't roll around around the same as the smaller grains. This confuses your brain and it doesn't know which way is up. The first time it happened I would get instantly dizzy if I looked up and if I didn't grab ahold of something I would fall down. If I was laying on my back and rolled my head to the left the room would start spinning followed by instant nausea. Anyway to make a long story a little shorter he gave me a sheet of paper that showed some procedures that he said should retrain your brain for the changes in the your inner ear grains. Doing these procedures has always cleared up my vertigo in three days. I hope it works for you.

Victor

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bppv/home/home-pc.html

Not what I have. If it was it would be easy. My problem is the inner ear makes to much fluid. The only cure is to remove the inner ears and that does not always do the job. I am to old to learn ASL.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Might find an EENT doc too!

That would probably be a vastly better place to go for medical advice than here on the 'net.

You only have two ears. Act accordingly.

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"My problem is the inner ear makes to much fluid."

That's what I was always told until 2 years ago and the reason the doctors always prescribed antihistamines to remove the excess fluid but it never made the vertigo go away. I never heard of completely removing the inner ear? Your joking right? What is ASL?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not joking, the saw through the bone behind your ear and remove the inner ear. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/basics/treatment/con-20028251

ASL is American Sign Language.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
Not joking, the saw through the bone behind your ear and remove the inner ear. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/basics/treatment/con-20028251

ASL is American Sign Language.

Yeah...uh, NO!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am considering it as it would be less of a problem that what I face every day.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Best wishes to you, Scott F. My dear wife's had Meniere's for many years, bilateral for the last 8. Hers is mostly vertigo/balance/nausea/migraine etc. Fighting a sinus infection right now, too. Her hearing loss is minimal, but it has cost her the ability to do many things at will, and forced us to pick our spots, carefully. Hang in there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I will pray for her. I am living with it and have decided to try me best to have fun every day. Life is still good.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by agazain
Guafed opened it up some last night -- Walgreens version of Mucinex DM. Gonna look for some without the sleep aid / cough suppressant today. There's yellow stuff all over my truck!!

Mucinex (guaifenesin) is neither decongestant nor antihistamine, FWIW.

The 'DM' is dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, again, FWIW.

Doc can help you treat it appropriately and not guess meds. Good luck.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Hydrocodone (alias "silly syrup") stops the digestive track choo-choo train for me and, like Prednisone, gives me a personality. Asthma meds include Allegra (antihistamine) and Singulair (anti-leukotriene). Along with daily Nasacort nasal inhaler, I "do" 2 puffs twice daily of Symbicort. Albuterol nebulizer home breathing treatment as needed (inhaled alcohol there) keeps me out of the ER. Have been on local honey for a couple weeks already at friends' advice. STILL the ragweed got me and the mountain cedars in winter soon will. Guafenisin to loosen phlegm "plugging" one eustachian tube helped last night. Tried to find some without either dextramethorphan or Sudafed along with it and failed. Will just do coffee to overcome the woozy from the dex and call it good with my Walgreens version of Mucinex DM. Bless us all!

Barry

Last edited by agazain; 09/30/16.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Several things have plugged my ear. I to have a very small canal in my left ear. Slightest infection will close it.
I have had my ear plugged by canal infection, wax impaction from using q tips, fungus and tube plugged in my inner ear. The only one I coukd take care of myself was the wax inpaction. The rest of them I had to go to the doc. One thing can lead to another so I go to the doc unless I as sure its wax.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 09/30/16.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I think that this may be a carniverous insect that someone maliciously
placed in your ear canal while you slept. If you develop vicious headaches that is the insect feeding and will last approximately 2 hours and occur about every 24 hours. Do not despair it will eventually eat its way through your brain and exit.

Unfortunately if it is a female she will have laid eggs.

....or maybe just allergies.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,524
Posts18,452,784
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.