Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gitsum Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Does any body make a SPORTER STOCK for light varmint contour barrels besides waiting 6 months for McMillan? I found a couple that are inletted for standard or magnum contours. They only have 1.5" wide stocks at the tip. I don't mind taken one of those and inletting the channel to fit but don't know if 1.5" OAW at tip is enough. Anybody know of a ADL sporter that is wide enough to enlarge the channel for a light varmint barrel? I like as narrow of a for end as possible so as long as tip is still strong enough to hold up I don't care about how it look.
I despise varmint forends, verticle grips, Palm swells and tactical stocks so that doesn't seem to leave me any choices.

GB1

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Check the McMillan sale page on their site. They have quite a few stock available right now at reduced prices but most are sporter or magnum contours. I don't know how close the varmit contour is to the magnum. They also had some that were opened up for custom barrels.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Gitsum
Does any body make a SPORTER STOCK for light varmint contour barrels besides waiting 6 months for McMillan? I found a couple that are inletted for standard or magnum contours. They only have 1.5" wide stocks at the tip. I don't mind taken one of those and inletting the channel to fit but don't know if 1.5" OAW at tip is enough. Anybody know of a ADL sporter that is wide enough to enlarge the channel for a light varmint barrel? I like as narrow of a for end as possible so as long as tip is still strong enough to hold up I don't care about how it look.
I despise varmint forends, verticle grips, Palm swells and tactical stocks so that doesn't seem to leave me any choices.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?category=1037
https://www.stockysstocks.com/

Nothing like a Remington 700xcr.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not like the factory stock on my Model 700 LVSF, as it just did not seem to "fit" me. However, the rifle is a tack driver, and I wanted to use it more than I was. I ordered a B&C Alaskan T1 stock from Stockys, and the stock fit the barrel contour of the rifle perfectly. It is a BDL model stock, which was what I wanted, so I had to add the bottom metal. The result is that my rifle shoots just as good as it did with the factory setup, and it looks better now.

G
Gitsum Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I need a sporter ADL STOCK that's my dilemma.

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
The #2950 B&C Alaskan TI stock is ADL and real light. I have one of their last BDL models on a 280 mountain rifle and I really like it. You can also pick up bottom metal and the mag spring here on the fire and convert your rifle to a BDL. Also some of the stocks on the mc,millan sale page are ADL

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
There is a remington mountain rifle ADL on the Mcmillan sale page on their site for $350 barrel channel is a #2 Bartlein which I think is bigger than a rem sporter

G
Gitsum Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Yes I did see that one, my barrel is a light varmint. Rickbin said I had to go Rem classic forearm size or bigger. It that was a REM classic it would already be on the brown truck headed my way!
Bout to settle for a HS Precision, got one on my 5R mil spec and it performs very well.

G
Gitsum Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
The #2950 B&C Alaskan TI stock is ADL and real light. I have one of their last BDL models on a 280 mountain rifle and I really like it. You can also pick up bottom metal and the mag spring here on the fire and convert your rifle to a BDL. Also some of the stocks on the mc,millan sale page are ADL

Mmmmmmm, I will look at the Ti and see what forearm tip width is"...........won't be adding bottom metal my receiver is a 40x single shot receiver, don't need more than one shot, white tails don't shoot back and I ain't huntin in Iraq anymore.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.