Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The OR bakery that refused to make a cake for a lesbian wedding has been forced out of business. This is only the start. It's going to get a LOT worse. The last sentence of the article is sooo true. For those who say that queers can live any way they want to, well, the way they want to live is forcing their perversion on your and you children.

Family bakery closes after left-wing bullies finally get their pound of cake
Todd Starnes
By Todd Starnes Published September 30, 2016 FoxNews.com

In 2013 a small family bakery in Northwestern Oregon refused to make a cake for a lesbian wedding.

The owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had no idea that their decision to follow the teachings of their Christian faith would lead to a multi-year legal battle. It’s a battle still being waged.

Aaron and Melissa Klein were eventually punished by the state of Oregon. -- The couple was fined $135,000 dollars for refusing to participate in the lesbian wedding event.

It was the price they had to pay for refusing to violate their conscience.

They also made the painful decision to close their beloved bakery – for good.

The left-wing bigots and bullies finally got their pound of cake.

The Kleins made the announcement on the now-shuttered shop’s Facebook page.

“The Kleins closed their business months ago and simply now updated their page to reflect that,” said Hiram Sasser, an attorney for First Liberty Institute.

First Liberty is one of the nation’s most prestigious law firms handling religious liberty cases.

“We are continuing our appeal and look forward to achieving justice for them and all people of faith who may find themselves in similar circumstances in the future,” Sasser told me.

To be clear, Aaron and Melissa Klein did not go looking to engage in a fight with the LGBT community. The fight came to them and to their business.

Since that day more than three years ago, the Kleins have faced unrelenting attacks from the LGBT community. Their business was boycotted. They were bullied. Their children received death threats.

The Kleins were literally run out of business by an anti-Christian mob.

It's hard to believe that something like this could happen in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

But we live in a nation that pledges its allegiance to the Rainbow flag – a nation where gay rights now trump everyone else’s rights.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look for more targeted conservatives in the future.

The way is paved for the depraved.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad situation, but a slice of immoral reality. There are social cesspools here and there around the globe - it can be very difficult for principled business folks to thrive in those.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's persecution of Christians by the US state. This is precisely what the First Amendment was intended to prevent, i.e., to interfere with the free exercise of religion.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Heterophobics

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's persecution of Christians by the US state. This is precisely what the First Amendment was intended to prevent, i.e., to interfere with the free exercise of religion.
The 1A says that congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of a religion. This isn't congress. It's the state of Oregon. You might remember that several years ago, OR's governor was forced to resign for corruption. He was replaced by the Lt. Gov who's a rabid left wing liberal woman. She's just what Hillary will be if elected.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I would have baked them a cake........With a big 'ole schit center.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It was never about the cake.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The 1A says that congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of a religion. This isn't congress. It's the state of Oregon.
You're forgetting Fourteenth Amendment incorporation doctrine. That said, forcing them to bake a cake for someone also violates our right of free association (not to mention our Thirteenth Amendment right against involuntary servitude), not to mention basic property rights, i.e., if I wish to sell my goods only to blue eyed, blonde haired people, that's my right, stemming from the fundamental right to property.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The 1A says that congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of a religion. This isn't congress. It's the state of Oregon. You might remember that several years ago, OR's governor was forced to resign for corruption. He was replaced by the Lt. Gov who's a rabid left wing liberal woman. She's just what Hillary will be if elected.
Unfortunately my state has been divided by this crap! Our Democrat criminal governor was found to be corrupt, forced out of office! He was replaced with a c u nt bumping, bisexual! The state is ruled by the liberal Portland area, we don't have enough rural population to out vote them! California moved north to get out of the schit down there, then went right back to their old ways!! My observation is Montana is experiencing the same thing, as well as Washington. I sure hope Trump wins so we can get the court system back on the right track!!!

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by ironbender
Yup,exactly.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I wonder if someone will start a "go fund me" page?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
For future bakers it doesn't have to be good cake..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The couple was fined $135,000 dollars for refusing to participate in the lesbian wedding event.

No, they were fined for breaking the law by discriminating based on gender.

They were never asked to "participate" in anything beyond selling a cake just like they do for all other customers.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
You're completely right. It was a carefully chosen test case to establish a legal precedent for future cases. They picked a small business that they knew wouldn't have the resources to fight back. Now that they have the precedent, it's going to get a lot worse.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gentlemen,

While we try to point out who really is to blame, it is we conservative who must look in the mirror...

The liberal Gay and Lesbian community are a small percentage of our population... they just have big mouths and supporters who hate our nation, and our society.... and are blessed with deep pockets looking for a place to spend it on to think they are 'changing the world'... just like Mommy and Daddy told them they would do...

The State of Oregon is dominated by the same liberals... ones who 'got involved' so they could make those changes to the 'world'.....their ideology follows anything that circumvents American Society and our long accepted principles....

What have we done as conservatives? We have stood down and done nothing more than complain.... we haven't risen to the occasion with the same zeal and financial commitment that these small big mouthed minorities have....

The same results will keep repeating itself over and over until conservative start stepping up to the plate, and making the same commitment and zeal that the liberal left does.

The frustration in this nation, is a major reason Donald Trump has the popularity it does. But while we complain that the liberal left always expect the government to take care of all of their needs, what do conservative do but stand down and hope ONE MAN can change it all.

Gentlemen, until we start rising to the occasion and challenges with similar zeal and commitment as our foes, then this crap will just continue to occur until the nation we were born and raised in, no longer exists.

It far beyond the "Schitt or Git off the Pot" time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here in conservative Western Kentucky, a queer rights group out of Florida sued a county judge-executive....who happened to be a Democrat.....because he wouldn't marry same-sex couples. The judge responded by switching parties to the GOP, and refusing to marry anyone. The same group also sued the county court clerk because she had a copy of the Ten Commandments up in her office. She took it down, something I would not have done. This crap has got to be stopped. If queers want to booger each other, I could care less, but they do not have the right to make me accept it as being normal behavior.....and I don't!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To expand on Bigwhoop and Seafire's posts....

Where were all the 'conservatives' and 'Christians' with financial and legal (and grassroots) support???

Guess they were too busy bitchin' on the Internet to actually 'help'.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Snyper
The couple was fined $135,000 dollars for refusing to participate in the lesbian wedding event.

No, they were fined for breaking the law by discriminating based on gender.

They were never asked to "participate" in anything beyond selling a cake just like they do for all other customers.

Didn't they own their own bodies? If so, they also own the labor their bodies produce. That being the case, they may dispose of the product of said labor in any way they wish. If they decide to only sell to members of the Mormon Church, for example, isn't that their right?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Gentlemen,

While we try to point out who really is to blame, it is we conservative who must look in the mirror...

The liberal Gay and Lesbian community are a small percentage of our population... they just have big mouths and supporters who hate our nation, and our society.... and are blessed with deep pockets ...
Precisely. So who is the pocketbook behind it, since, as you say, there aren't that many billionaire gays. Where's the funding coming from for all the anti-American BS that's happening?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 59 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,339
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.